- Machine Learning Specialist2017 - 2018GridCell (via Toptal)
Technologies: Deep reinforcement learning, TensorFlow, Google Cloud, Python
- Implemented custom reinforcement learning environments in Python compatible with OpenAI gym.
- Tested various deep reinforcement learning algorithms such as DQN and PPO.
- Deployed, trained, and hyperparameter tuned models on Google Cloud Machine Learning Engine.
- Provided technical advice.
- Documented every step and environment detail needed to reproduce the experiments.
- Learned about Differentiable Neural Computers and implemented new training task in the DeepMind's code.
- Software Engineer2015 - 2017Smarkets, Hanson Applied Sciences
Technologies: Machine Learning, Python, SciPy, IPython, NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, Haskell, GNU/Linux, Bash, Flask, Docker, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, AWS, PostgreSQL, BigQuery
- Collaborated on research, design, and implementation of state-of-the-art market pricing algorithms.
- Partnered in research, design, and implementation of anti-fraud micro-service for auto flagging suspicious activity, using Random Forests.
- Increased the trading performance N times by parallelizing computations onto N shards.
- Discovered, wrote tests, and fixed multiple severe bugs. Fixed more than a 100 smaller ones.
- Proposed an idea and wrote a hybrid mobile app that replaced the old native one completely, thanks to that we had only one codebase and team instead of three (web, Android, iOS).
- Conducted 57 technical in-person interviews, introduced online coding tests which more than 1000 candidates took, devised a method for auto grading, introduced employee referral scheme that brought more than 5 excellent new employees to the company.
- Worked in a self-management setting in a period of a rapid development (from 28 to over 90 employees), contributed to Smarkets growth and culture.
- Entrepreneur in Residence2015 - 2015Entrepreneur First
Technologies: Python, OpenCV, Neo4j, Bitcoin, Scala
- Accepted to the EF4 cohort consisting of 36 top tech people throughout Europe. There were 1200 applicants.
- Collaborated with other members to conceptualize ideas.
- Created SportsTracking proof of concept, an automatic extraction of statistics from sport videos using image recognition (Python, OpenCV).
- Built prototype of BitVisual, a visualization of Bitcoin transactions (Neo4j graph database).
- Developed first version of Fluently.io, a marketplace for translators (Scala, Play Framework).
- Software Engineer2014 - 2015Hewlett-Packard
Technologies: Java, Android, Jenkins CI
- Implemented core functionalities of Store Intelligence Android application in a team of 4.
- Developed features for identity system for Flemish Government using Wicket (Java) in a team of 5.
- Fixed several reported issues in the back-end of large Java EE system for Polish Ministry of Health.
- Built a mobile hybrid application written in AngularJS and packed with Cordova for Android. Introduced Jenkins for automatic builds, which saved us about 5% of time everyday and resulted in less context-switching.
- Conducted video-recorded, 1-hour Brown Bag Seminar titled "Android: basics, tips & tricks" to an audience of ~30 people.
- Co-organized HP Developer Day, brand-new, one-day programming competition for Polish developers. 2014 event gathered 40 selected participants and met with a very positive feedback.
- Android Developer/Freelancer2012 - 2012BlackDigits
Technologies: Android, Java
- Gathered requirements, met and communicated with a client.
- Implemented Android financial application which provided live share and corporate bond prices, plus a list of company announcements, dedicated to the Maltese listed market.
- Advised and deployed finished product to the Google Play market.
- Software Engineer Intern2011 - 2011Samsung
Technologies: C, C++, Android, Java
- Implemented part of S Pen Library and developed demo app.
- Wrote a tutorial + an exemplary game showing how to use the camera in Samsung Linux Platform (now Tizen), which I figured out how to use by reading/debugging existing C code.
- Junior Programmer2009 - 2009DirektPoint
- Joined a startup (2 people at that time) to learn while developing websites such as puds.pl and sportowa.warszawa.pl.