Senior iOS Developer2021 - PRESENTCoffee Meets Bagel
Technologies: VIPER Architecture, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), SDWebImage, CocoaPods, Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Git, Swift, iOS, Xcode
- Worked with a team of five other iOS developers to fix, improve, and build upon the CoffeeMeetsBagel dating app.
- Participated in refactoring various components of the app (such as the "Me" avatar screen) to move closer to Swift and MVVM/VIPER architecture.
- Implemented better team processes, including a release rotation.
Mobile Team Lead2020 - 2021Top Hat
Technologies: VIPER Architecture, Nimble-Snapshots, SDWebImage, PromiseKit, SnapKit, CocoaPods, Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Git, Swift, iOS, Xcode, Team Leadership
- Expanded my responsibilities by taking on a leadership role within the Android team as well as the iOS teams, growing the number of direct reports under me to seven total.
- Responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by rallying the team to build support for our new virtual classroom experience on iOS and Android, enabling professors to continue to deliver lectures to their students remotely.
- Transitioned the mobile team from OKRs as a way to do project planning to the shapeup/cycle process, as part of a department-wide effort to transition all the engineering teams.
iOS Team Lead2019 - 2020Top Hat
Technologies: Open Source, VIPER Architecture, Nimble-Snapshots, SDWebImage, SnapKit, PromiseKit, CocoaPods, Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Team Leadership, Objective-C, Swift, Git, Xcode
- Managed and mentored a mix of junior and senior developers as well as remote contractors in a team of three iOS developers.
- Delivered an all-hands speech in front of the whole company highlighting the progress we made in the iOS app rewrite, specifically the classroom experience.
- Rewrote the entire guidebook experience and analytics architecture on the iOS app, making the code more scalable, maintainable, and stable.
- Created Top Hat's first iOS open source project (Richtextview.com), an iOS UI TextView (UIView) that properly displays LaTeX, HTML, Markdown, and YouTube/Vimeo links, amassing 200 stars and 8 forks within the first week of the first release.
Senior iOS Developer2018 - 2019Top Hat
Technologies: Carthage, VIPER Architecture, Nimble-Snapshots, SDWebImage, SnapKit, PromiseKit, CocoaPods, Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Objective-C, Swift, Git, Xcode
- Participated in an entire iOS app rewrite, moving 30% of the project's code to Swift within the first six months.
- Championed a week-long project to streamline and standardize our dependency management system, moving from a mixture of Carthage and static dependencies to CocoaPods, removing approximately 100,000 lines of code in the process.
- Contributed to the rewrite of the entire question experience on iOS to Swift, improving the app's weekly crash-free rating from an all-time low of 96.5% to 99.5% and the App Store rating from 3.2 to 4.5 stars out of 5.
- Established the team's accessibility standards and Swift code style guides.
iOS Developer2017 - 2018Top Hat
Technologies: Carthage, VIPER Architecture, Nimble-Snapshots, SDWebImage, SnapKit, PromiseKit, Teamwork, CocoaPods, Agile Software Development, iOS, Objective-C, Swift, Xcode
- Led the technical planning around re-architecting the entire student classroom experience on iOS.
- Participated in a complete overhaul of our iOS network engine, moving from Objective-C and RestKit to Swift, Codable, and PromiseKit.
- Championed a week-long project to standardize and streamline our UI/UX process on mobile, including colors, font sizes, and images.
- Worked with the rest of the department to bring a vast array of web features to our iOS app, including tournaments, Top Hat Test, and third-party questions.
iOS Developer2016 - 2016Compass
Technologies: Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Nimble-Snapshots, SDWebImage, SnapKit, Carthage, Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Objective-C, Swift, iOS, Xcode
- Worked with a team of three developers to manage five iOS applications for the luxury homes market, developing features that led to an 80% engagement rate on our apps.
- Utilized polygon drawing and correction algorithms to enable users to draw custom boundaries on a map, in order to filter particular regions in a real estate search.
- Architected major portions of the agents app, adding the ability for agents to see and interact with their clients, as well as view their own listing and search history.
- Strengthened the Swift API layer in our apps to better communicate with and translate Thrift data structures coming from our servers.
iOS Developer2016 - 2016
Technologies: Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Teamwork, Agile Software Development, Objective-C, Swift, iOS, Git, Xcode
- Worked on the messaging portion of the flagship iOS app with eight other iOS developers and approximately two dozen other developers, project managers, and designers.
- Developed a feature that allowed LinkedIn employees to message their coworkers and add them to group conversations, working with an Android and back-end developer.
- Enhanced the messaging experience by enabling users to see the content of URLs sent in the app by showing a basic image, title, and description along with inline YouTube videos.
- Enriched the user experience by modernizing the loading animation across messaging.
Mobile Application Developer2015 - 2015Autodesk
Technologies: Gradle, C++, Lua, Objective-C, Xcode
- Used iOS Objective-C, Lua, and C++ to develop a contest feature for Sculpt+, a 3D-intensive social media app where users could share self-created 3D models.
- Updated the Android app to be Gradle-based, reducing build speeds by up to 50%.
- Improved the internal Kalpana 3D framework which was used by multiple Autodesk apps.
Software Developer2014 - 2014Metroland
Technologies: Appcelerator Titanium, Hybrid Apps
- Used the Appcelerator framework to work on the Save.ca hybrid mobile application, part of Canada’s largest online shopping savings and deals ecosystem.
- Performed routine bug fixes and updated the app to iOS 8 and Android Lollipop.