Production Engineer2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, Python, Linux
- Ensured that Facebook's services run smoothly and have the capacity for future growth. Production engineers are embedded in every one of Facebook's product and infrastructure teams, and are core participants in every significant engineering effort underway in the company. Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Facebook in Production Engineering, and we are always learning.
Senior Software Architect2015 - 2015Lumba Inc. (Via Toptal)
Technologies: Java 8, Scala, Hazelcast, MongoDB, Grafana, Graphite
- Refactored and designed a scalable gaming server for Lumba's state-of-the-art TribalRivals game. In addition, worked on DevOps automation and a full continuous integration and delivery pipeline with Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins.
Director of R&D, Co-founder2010 - 2015Cloud Niners Information Systems
Technologies: Scala, Akka, Play Framework, Python, Django, CoffeeScript, AngularJS
- Led the design and development of products, managing innovation at every step in the product lifecycle. Ensured successful execution of the company’s mission of building web-scale applications that are blazingly fast and aesthetically pleasing.
- Led the Architecture and DevOps teams while working with multiple international customers.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2010Amplidata/Thebe Technology
Technologies: Python, C++, LInux
- Worked as one of the core developers on the company’s core product (DSS/AmpliStor). Handled design, code, documentation, and reviewing, and performed automated software testing in Python, C++, and OCaml.
- Worked closely with teams from SUN Microsystems (Q-Layer) and A-Server for integration with open standard cloud management platforms.
Systems Engineer2005 - 2008Linux Plus Information Systems L.L.C
Technologies: Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, Bash, Java, C++
- Handled large-scale deployments of the Red Hat stack at enterprise customer data centers.
- Implemented and automated server deployment and service configuration in Bash.
- Provided mission-critical technical support for enterprise-grade customers.
- Developed a custom Java/GWT management interface for a Red Hat directory server.
Instructor and Project Engineer2002 - 2005Origin IBM ATC
Technologies: Linux, C#, XML, Web Services
- Trained over 250 students and graduates on .NET technology.
- Trained over 200 students and graduates on Linux administration, security, and networking.
- Supervised graduation projects of governmental scholarship for graduates in the information technology field.
- Built a SCORM-compliant LMS for a Cairo IT company.