Senior Front-end Developer2019 - PRESENTLotto New Zealand
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.js, PostCSS, Cordova, React, Redux, Styled-components, React Router, Moment.js, Cucumber, Jest, Enzyme, React Native, react-spring, Agile, RESTful APIs, Software Architecture, GitHub, GitLab, Product Development, Functional Programming, Xcode, Android, Visual Studio Code, WebStorm, Mobile Apps, REST API, REST APIs, Jira, Git, Optimization, Code Refactoring
- Rearchitected and implemented a modal module while reducing 95% of the code (from 2,000 LOC to 200) using React, Redux, and TypeScript; my work here won me the “Achieving the Impossible” award.
- Built complex animations for an enhanced draw experience using react-spring and TypeScript within one month—beating the expected 3-month timeline.
- Earned four nominations throughout the project lifecycle including "Achieving the Impossible," "Helping Others," "Time-savers for Teams," and "Sense of Humour."
- Mentored junior developers and had them start meaningfully contributing within two weeks on projects involving Cordova, React, Redux, Sass, and TypeScript.
Technical Lead2019 - 2019Accordo Group Ltd.
- Led a team of five to deliver a payment system based on Stripe; worked on this from the beginning to delivery and included front- and back-end development.
- Created a layered back-end code structure to enable rapid iteration and make it test-friendly for AWS Lambda.
- Communicated with multiple stakeholders to ensure that the quality was high and the requirements were well-aligned between the development team and business.
Senior Front-end Developer2018 - 2019Vensa Healthcare
- Invented a cohesive front-end framework—covering styling/state management, network requests, lifecycle handling, and specifically designed for Vensa's business case to enable rapid interaction.
- Used the above-mentioned front-end framework so that DevOps can contribute to complex features within weeks.
- Introduced in-house primitive components with built-in design systems (the component layer) for a consistent UX, faster feature shipping.
- Migrated progressively to TypeScript, including moving the whole building procedure to a modern approach and introducing more automation tools like Prettier, Husky for front-end CI, and so on (i.e., the tooling layer).
- Introduce end-to-end tests to prevent regression and delivered the first version to cover all critical user paths while saving the manual tests before each release (i.e., the testing layer).
- Rewrote the network layer with Redux middleware, MobX customized actions, and a more flexible HTTP layer which resulted in 80% less code while being very test-friendly.
Senior Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018Technology Holdings Limited
- Developed modules for sharing native code between iOS and Android through Kotlin Native.
- Built and maintained an in-house front-end framework with Kotlin.
- Delivered a complex back-end system for supporting communication between the merchants and customers using Python 3.
Full-stack Specialist2014 - 2016Alibaba Group
Technologies: Node.js, React, React Native
- Led a small team that supported a new project which eventually reached 1 million users.
- Invented an intelligent system for the efficient categorization of users with customized notifications to maintain app retention.
- Developed and maintained an analysis admin portal for easier reporting and data filtering using Node.js and SQL.
Manager of Product and Development Division2012 - 2014eLong
- Led a team of 30 to migrate a 15-year-old ASP back end to Node,js for 1 million user-based online forums.
- Balanced resources among three departments to ensure timelines were met for multiple projects in parallel.
- Designed the product and roadmap for 1 billion user-based social platforms from both a tech and product perspective.
Onsite Front-end Lead2009 - 2012Asiainfo-Linkage
- Led a team of seven—a mix of developers and designers—to maintain an enterprise-grade web application used at China Telecom.
- Reviewed the teams' project work and third-party partners to present the spirit of the project; maintained client satisfaction by providing high-efficiency communication.
- Demonstrated the development stage of the product and feature roadmap to the business via presentations.