Senior Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTCitibank
- Designed enterprise-grade Go application structure for rapid development and delivery.
- Enhanced the user experiences for the front-end applications with concurrent React.
- Adopted a concrete testing strategy for delivering complex applications, including front and back end.
- Developed a strongly typed component library with MUI for rapid development so the developers would not need to worry about the style.
- Constructed an authentication layer for an SSR website with Next.js and customized it against Auth0.
- Built type-gen workflow against Contentful to auto-generate types against Contentful GraphQL and the best practices of adopting TypeScript in scale.
Senior Front-end Developer2019 - 2021Lotto New Zealand
Technologies: TypeScript, Node.js, PostCSS, Cordova, React, Redux, Styled-components, React Router, Moment.js, Cucumber, Jest, Enzyme, React Native, react-spring, Agile, Software Architecture, GitHub, GitLab, Product Development, Functional Programming, Xcode, Android, Visual Studio Code, WebStorm, Mobile Apps, REST APIs, Jira, Git, Optimization, Refactoring, HTML5, CSS3, REST, CSS, API Integration, Web App Development, Web Development, Scalability, Web Scalability, Web Performance Optimization (WPO), Website Performance, Architecture, Mobile Development, APIs, Technical Leadership, Web Architecture, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), E2E Testing, Front-end, Front-end Development, Front-end Architecture, Front-end Build Tools, Mobile App Development
- Rearchitected and implemented a modal module while reducing 95% of the code (from 2,000 LOC to 200) using React, Redux, and TypeScript: my work here won me the “Achieving the Impossible” award.
- Built complex animations for an enhanced draw experience using react-spring and TypeScript within one month—beating the expected 3-month timeline.
- Earned four nominations throughout the project lifecycle including "Achieving the Impossible," "Helping Others," "Time-savers for Teams," and "Sense of Humour."
- Mentored junior developers and had them start meaningfully contributing within two weeks on projects involving Cordova, React, Redux, Sass, and TypeScript.
Technical Lead2019 - 2019Accordo Group Ltd.
- Led a team of five to deliver a payment system based on Stripe and worked on this from the beginning to delivery, including front-end and back-end development.
- Created a layered back-end code structure to enable a rapid iteration and make it test-friendly for AWS Lambda.
- Communicated with multiple stakeholders to ensure that the quality was high and the requirements were well-aligned between the development team and business.
Senior Front-end Developer2018 - 2019Vensa Healthcare
- Invented a cohesive front-end framework—covering styling/state management, network requests, and lifecycle—designed specifically for Vensa's business case to enable rapid interaction.
- Used the above-mentioned front-end framework so that DevOps can contribute to complex features within weeks.
- Introduced in-house primitive components with built-in design systems (the component layer) for a consistent UX, faster feature shipping.
- Migrated progressively to TypeScript, including moving the whole building procedure to a modern approach and introducing more automation tools like Prettier, Husky for front-end CI, and so on (i.e., the tooling layer).
- Introduced end-to-end tests to prevent regression and delivered the first version to cover all critical user paths while saving the manual tests before each release (i.e., the testing layer).
- Rewrote the network layer with Redux middleware, MobX customized actions, and a more flexible HTTP layer, which resulted in 80% less code that is very test-friendly.
Senior Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018Technology Holdings Limited
- Developed modules for sharing native code between iOS and Android through Kotlin Native.
- Built and maintained an in-house front-end framework with Kotlin.
- Delivered a complex back-end system for supporting communication between the merchants and customers using Python 3.
Full-stack Specialist2014 - 2016Alibaba Group
Technologies: Node.js, React, React Native, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, MongoDB, Full-stack, Scalability, Web Scalability, Performance, Website Performance, Web Performance Optimization (WPO), Web Development, Mobile Development, Technical Leadership, Web Architecture, Mobile App Development
- Led a small team that supported a new project which eventually reached 1 million users.
- Invented an intelligent system for the efficient categorization of users with customized notifications to maintain app retention.
- Developed and maintained an analysis admin portal for easier reporting and data filtering using Node.js and SQL.
Manager of Product and Development Division2012 - 2014eLong
- Led a team of 30 to migrate a 15-year-old ASP back end to Node.js for 1 million user-based online forums.
- Balanced resources among three departments to ensure timelines were met for multiple projects in parallel.
- Designed the product and roadmap for 1 billion user-based social platforms from both a tech and product perspective.
Onsite Front-end Lead2009 - 2012Asiainfo-Linkage
- Led a team of seven—a mix of developers and designers—to maintain an enterprise-grade web application used at China Telecom.
- Reviewed the teams' project work and third-party partners to present the spirit of the project; maintained client satisfaction by providing high-efficiency communication.
- Demonstrated the development stage of the product and feature roadmap to the business via presentations.