Java Developer in Tbilisi, Georgia
Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTZOOTCH (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Spring, Vaadin, REST, Flyway, Swagger, Git, AWS
- Built system for geolocation data processing and updates.
- Provided REST API that allowed users to find nearby users based on time and location in real time.
- Set up a highly scalable and secure back-end system on AWS.
- Integrated Applozic and OneSignal services for mobile chat and push notifications.
- Integrated Facebook login and Twilio text messaging services.
- Developed management and monitoring web application for administrators.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTExhale Enterprises (via Toptal Projects)
Technologies: Java, Spring, REST, SOAP, Flyway, JWT, Swagger, Git, Google Cloud Platform
- Built a middleware that integrated Exhale Spa and Hyatt systems.
- Designed and implemented REST APIs for customer and administrator facing web applications.
- Set up complex synchronization flows between the systems in an asynchronous multi-threaded manner.
- Implemented job scheduling and management subsystem for clustered environment.
- Integrated Stripe and Mindbody APIs.
- Set up automated database migration.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2018project44 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Spring, Docker, Kafka, REST, SOAP, Jenkins, JUnit, Mockito, Git, Gradle
- Created and consumed RESTful and SOAP web services.
- Integrated system with different freight shipping carriers for rating, estimates, and shipping.
- Participated in the development of a real-time location monitoring system for the trucks having ELDs and GPS devices.
- Processed and fed data from trucks' sensors into Kafka.
- Wrote unit and integration tests.
- Carried out code reviews.
Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead2016 - 2018Product Savvy Georgia
Technologies: Java, Spring, Docker, MySQL, Couchbase, Jenkins, Microservices, REST, Git, Bash, JUnit, Maven, Hibernate, JMeter, AWS Services: EC2, ECS, Aurora, MySQL RDS, ElastiCache, SNS, IOT, SES, Route53
- Led the development of SaaS platform with a team of 5 engineers.
- Delivered applications across the entire life cycle, from architecture design to implementation, testing and deployment.
- Developed highly scalable system around event technology solutions using dockerized microservices.
- Implemented back-end system for group riding, navigation and online communication/chat application using AWS infrastructure.
- Designed, documented and implemented RESTful APIs. Integrated heterogeneous systems via SOAP and REST web services.
- Created middleware with unified interface for mobile applications to manage PayPal, Apple Pay and Google Pay subscriptions.
- Set up continues delivery and deployment pipeline using Jenkins. Pipeline as Code orchestrated automated testing, building, delivery and deployment in multiple environments.
- Built the system for online and email reporting.
- Wrote stored procedures in MySQL.
- Implemented geolocation based push notifications.
- Led daily stand-ups.
- Conducted interviews with Java developer candidates.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2016Global Stream Georgia
Technologies: Java EE, Wildfly, Infinispan In-Memory Data Grid, Oracle RDBMS
- Designed architecture and implemented software for highly scalable electronic payments and billing system.
- Integrated merchants in payments and billing system.
- Developed software for international money transfer system. It was integrated with separate and different systems in several countries.
- Built 'clearing' software for money transfer system.
- Developed software for support and call-center.
- Created E-wallet architecture.
Analyst - Developer2013 - 2014Bank of Georgia
Technologies: Java SE/EE, Oracle RDBMS, JBoss, Tomcat
- Created software for bank clients monitoring and management used by legal department.
- Developed software for electronic payments monitoring.
- Built software for electronic payments automation.
- Integrated new payment channels in existing electronic payments system.
Junior Analyst - Developer2011 - 2013Bank of Georgia
Technologies: Java SE/EE, Oracle RDBMS, JBoss
- Developed software for electronic payments processing.
- Built software for payments system management.
- Created software for payments system support.
- Supported software for payment self-service kiosks.
- Integrated new payment services in self-service kiosks.
- ZOOTCH (Development)https://www.zootch.com
ZOOTCH is a unique smartphone app that lets you instantly communicate with people close by, even if they’re not in your contact list.
- Exhale Spa - World of Hyatt (Development)https://exhalespa-world-of-hyatt.com
Earn World of Hyatt points on fitness classes, spa therapies, and Exhale On Demand subscriptions. Use your World of Hyatt points for a fitness class, massage or facial.
- AVaStar (Development)https://www.avastar.io/
AVaStar empowers venue teams to better self-manage Audiovisual/Event Technology Services by providing the structure, systems and support to sell, coordinate and deliver high-quality and reliable presentation technology services.
- WolfPack (Development)https://www.wolfpack.run/
WolfPack reinvents the group riding experience. Gives you ability to plan group rides, invite your pack, navigate together, and communicate, all from your Android or iOS device.
- Census 2014, National Statistics Office of Georgia (Development)http://geostat.ge/index.php?action=0&lang=eng
Implemented full stack software, using Spring Boot, AngularJS, and MS SQL Server for census project.
FrameworksSpring Boot, JavaBeans, Spring, Hibernate ORM, JPA, Angular, Bootstrap 3, Hibernate, Vaadin, JavaServer Pages (JSP), JSF
Libraries/APIsJAX-RS, Spring REST, REST APIs, JAX-WS, JMS, JTA, JAXB, Java Servlets, Twilio API, Facebook Login, PayPal API, Stripe API
ToolsAWS ECR, AWS ELB, AWS Auto-scaling, AWS ECS, WildFly, Maven, Git, Docker Compose, AWS ElastiCache, AWS SES, Apache JMeter, SoapUI, Postman, Gradle, OneSignal, HSQLDB, Subversion (SVN), Kafka Streams
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), SOLID Principles, ACID, REST, Microservices, Agile Software Development, Scrum, Microservices Architecture, Design Patterns, Unit Testing, Dependency Injection
PlatformsAWS EC2, Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java EE, JSE, AWS IoT, Android, Apache Kafka, Mailgun, Google Cloud Engine
StorageSpring Data, AWS RDS, MySQL, JSON, AWS S3, Spring Data JPA, Redis, PostgreSQL, JBoss Infinispan, Oracle DBMS, SQLite, JavaDB, HSQL, H2
OtherHibernate Validators, Spring Web Services, Software Engineering, Software Architecture, OOP Designs, Web Services, EJB, Spring Dependency Injection (DI), Enterprise Software, Integration Testing, Bash Scripting, SOAP, CDI, Android Development, AWS Route 53, Elastic Load Balancers, Drip Marketing, Drip Email
- Master's degree in Computer Sciences2013 - 2015Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences2007 - 2011Filiére Francophone en Informatique - Tbilisi, Georgia
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences2007 - 2011Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia