Product Owner, Co-Founder2020 - PRESENTUnimedPlus
Technologies: Shape Up, Basecamp
- Owned customer development, product boundaries shaping, and sets' featuring using Basecamp's Shape Up workflow to deliver an MVP—a platform for pharmaceutical reps and MDs—in a short-time period (one month).
- Managed the project with daily and weekly meetings, making sure we reach the goal in a fixed budget and timeframe.
- Created the product presentation. Attended sales meetings to learn customers' needs.
Senior Kotlin Developer2019 - PRESENTUnder NDA
Technologies: Vert.x, Ktor, HTTP, Gradle, Kotlin
- Created a Vert.x clustered solution to coordinate between different components of the ticket purchasing system.
- Implemented an advanced HTTP client that simulates browser-like behavior reusing Vert.x and KTOR HTTP clients.
- Refactored and cleaned up the architecture of the system.
- Implemented features and added support for new websites.
- Simulated fingerprints of unique website visitors and improved tickets' purchase success rate.
Lead Full-stack Elixir Developer, Product Owner2020 - 2020reviews.amspilot.com
Technologies: Oban, Ecto, Phoenix, Elixir
- Identified customers' needs. Designed the product's full feature set and boundaries. The platform is a job marketplace for Amazon Kindle publishers with an accountability system and multi-role user management.
- Set up the production environment and Sentry incidents tracking. Tracked production incidents and fixed bugs as they arise.
- Developed the full stack for all screens. Coded the entire system from scratch in 40 days. Received customer feedback and applied changes in iterations.
Senior Back-end Scala Developer2018 - 2019Dealermade
Technologies: Akka, Play, GraphQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Scala
- Created a copying task for Cassandra and Elasticsearch clusters from production to all QA environments using AWS Fargate, Elastic Beanstalk, Instaclustr, and Docker.
- Generated code for domain objects using ScalaMeta with SBT.
- Built a single generic API for accessing and modifying data in Cassandra and Elasticsearch for all domain objects.
- Architected a GraphQL API authentication and authorization, and security layer.
- Made a generic partial-updated API for Cassandra and Elasticsearch to reduce database load and the chance of conflicting updates.
- Replaced legacy CQL migrations with migrations using Scala code.
- Cleaned up and refactored code as well as improved architecture.
Senior Back-end Scala Developer2017 - 2018Murka
Technologies: ScalaTest, Ansible, GitLab, Scalaz, Construction Audit Tracking System (CATS), Datadog, Kamon.io, Akka, Scala
- Added new features to the online poker gaming engine.
- Investigated and fixed the production incidents happening in the game engine.
- Added a set of performance metrics and anomaly detection triggers to monitor via Datadog.
- Wrote tests to ensure we have all the corner cases covered in the game engine.
- Reviewed team members' code to improve code quality.
Back-end Scala Developer2015 - 2016Catch App, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS DynamoDB, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Play Framework, AWS, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Akka Cluster, SBT, Scala
- Created a Twitter publishing module that uses Twitter accounts to promote the project's pages.
- Created an NLP module that analyzes text on web pages.
- Supported a web-scraping module using Jsoup and Snacktory for text extraction.
- Created a web-scraping module using PhantomJS and an algorithm similar to the one used in Evernote Clearly.
- Developed project architecture and organized SBT structure.
- Developed an admin UI for back-end testing.
- Deployed applications using AWS OpsWorks.
- Implemented DynamoDB integration.
Full-stack Scala Developer2013 - 2015Luxoft
- Developed a highly-configurable internal administration web application that relies heavily on ZooKeeper via Curator API.
- Built a custom module for ZooKeeper changes' synchronization through a Git repository using JGit API.
- Improved system quality and reliability by implementing a real-time financial information monitoring module.
- Improved the development iteration and release process by refactoring a legacy monolithic SBT project into separate, independent modules.
- Implemented a statistics usage collection module for better hot-zone detection and further web app improvement.
- Implemented a web-based terminal emulator executing SH commands on the server.
Java Developer2011 - 2013D8 Corporation Ukraine
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, GWT, OSGi, Java
- Developed enterprise financial applications with an open-source technology stack.
- Built a reusable GWT components library with rich customization capabilities.
- Wrote UI, unit, and integration tests.
- Programmed OSGi back-end services.
Junior Java Developer2010 - 2011Mercator Web Studio
Technologies: XSLT, PostgreSQL, Apache Tomcat, Servlet, jQuery, Java
- Developed an online site building tool that generates custom web applications using the Tomcat API with preprocessing and customization based on a web app template.
- Tuned PostgreSQL queries.
- Developed an accounting automation system for company activities: Staff and client management, activity analysis, automation of bookings (receipt and fulfillment), automatic report generation, etc.
- Built web apps using a custom web framework based on Servlets, JSP, and XSLT.