Software Engineer2010 - PRESENTZoo Bytes & LazyLand
Technologies: Memcached, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Git, Moose, jQuery, AngularJS, Template Toolkit, MySQL, Perl
- Created pages for the back-end administration site using AngularJS.
- Coded the service end-points requested by the Flash clients.
- Wrote tests in Perl for most of my code.
- Wrote POD documentation for the majority of my work.
- Created database schema and made sure all database requests were optimized.
- Developed a website collecting and presenting periodical usage and payment statistics for our partners' games.
- Integrated our portal services with the SSO mechanisms of many other portals.
- Searched for most-appropriate algorithms to solve a couple of the company's combinatorial problems, and implemented them.
Perl Developer2002 - 2009Various clients
Technologies: MySQL, Perl
- Created a very simple CMS using Perl/Mason for two NGOs.
- Created an FTP-to-S3 gateway using Perl for a client.
- Devised and wrote simple command-line tools using Perl to help a telecom company's operations staff with the deployment of its portal.
- Created a web app running on telecom equipment to allow its remote configuration, using Perl/Mason.
- Helped write a custom web framework for the high-traffic automoto.gr classified ads portal, using Perl and Template::Toolkit.
- Created a multiple-server Load Tester script, that tests websites' ability to handle traffic by throwing a lot of traffic to it, using Perl and httperf.
- Created a lot web scrapers for Watchmouse, a company that needed the data.
Perl Developer2003 - 2007Personal projects
Technologies: Mason, MySQL, Perl
- Built and administered akrovatis.gr, a very active forum website, using Perl/Mason and Class::DBI.
- Built the first greek digg.com clone, using Perl/Mason.
- Set-up and administered my family's mail server, using Debian, Exim and an IMAP server.
- Invented and built MyPerl.eu, a site that builds and serves RSS feeds for each of the 11,000 Perl modules in existence. The pre-cursor of PerlModules.net.
Perl Developer2000 - 2001e2B
Technologies: CGI, Apache, Perl
- Read through and customized a large open source eCommerce platform, written in Perl, to localize it for Greece.
- Wrote CGI scripts for websites.
- Read "Programming Perl" from cover to cover.