AWS DevOps2018 - 2018Tremor Technologies, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, Jenkins Pipeline, Java, Node.js, Python, React.js, GitHub
- Created Jenkins Pipeline in a Docker agent which checkouts multiple components of the system, tests it, runs integration tests, builds new containers, and deploys the new application version to ECS.
- Developed the Java application build process using Gradle and Jooq tools.
- Upgraded build servers including base systems and Jenkins components because it was outdated for years.
- Added the Docker configuration to the components of the system which makes Docker builds very fast and optimized.
- Fixed existing build pipelines.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018Backstage (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, React.js, Backbone, Django, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Mercurial, Unit Testing
- Audited, refactored, and made other fixes to Celery tasks.
- Built a Stripe webhooks logging and analysis dashboard.
- Developed and fixed the REST API.
- Added a lot of unit testing to various components of the system.
- Developed and fixed front-end elements in React.js and Backbone.
- Improved the Django admin interface.
- Fixed bugs for various components of the system.
- Reviewed source code and checked for permissions vulnerabilities.
Freelance DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Skuchain (via Toptal)
Technologies: Docker, AWS, Hyperledger, Node.js, React.js, Express.js, Webpack, Bash, SSH/SCP, AWSCLI
- Checked, fixed, refactored, and enhanced a deployment solution in the project.
- Used Docker with Docker Compose for building microservices architecture.
- Created microservices architecture using Docker, AWS CloudFormation and Traefik (and Nginx) for traffic balancing and routing.
- Handled Bash scripting; all the deployment configuration is built in Bash.
- Configured multiple branches that support dynamic services adding/removing/migrating from a plain text file with services list and their URLs/branches/commits.
Freelance Software Engineer2017 - 2017Webconnex (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS, OpsWorks, Chef, Ruby, Go, Node.js
- Created AWS OpsWorks infrastructure from scratch. The configuration is connected with a CI pipeline.
- Configured over 30 microservices.
- Deployed recipes in Go and Node.js.
- Configured Filebeat and Metricbeat.
- Supported a multiple stacks environment via custom JSON configuration in OpsWorks.
- Added role grouping (soft-layer) support for multiple applications in one instance.
- Integrated local testing and Chef cookbooks dependency management.
- Integrated the AWS application level balancer.
- Added support and configured dynamic DNS names for multiple environments.
Freelance Django and React Developer2017 - 2017Boyd Creative Pty, Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, React.js, REST API, Mercurial, MySQL, Linux
- Created a single-page application dashboard with various graphs, tables, and dynamic filters for analytics data.
- Supported and modified the legacy source code.
- Optimized access to the API requests database to decrease API response time.
- Optimized a Webpack build for dashboard assets.
Freelance Lead Django Developer2017 - 2017Dalton Bain (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, AWS, Jenkins, Docker, AngularJS, OpsWorks, Chef
- Integrated a multi-branch Docker-based CI (Continuous Integration) full cycle to the project using Chef and OpsWorks.
- Automated tests using a Jenkins pipeline.
- Supported Django and AngularJS projects, integrating new features and fixing bugs, among other things.
Freelance Senior Django Developer2016 - 2017DecisionDesk (via Toptal)
Technologies: Django, AWS, MongoDB, Tastypie, Docker, Backbone.js, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Optimized back-end performance.
- Integrated Docker containers into the project infrastructure.
- Converted images and MS Office files to PDF.
- Manipulated various PDF files in Python and Java (read, convert, merge, export to PDF).
- Installed and configured a Graylog2 (+ MongoDB and Elasticsearch) cluster in Docker containers on AWS OpsWorks Stack.
- Developed custom logging adapters (TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS) for the Graylog2 instance.
- Integrated a Shibboleth (SAML2 Protocol) authorization method.
- Built custom Django MongoDB Queries profiler middleware, allowing users to see and download detailed requests for deep checking code, load performance, etc. to a MongoDB server list.
- Integrated a CASHNet payment processor.
- Built Chef recipes in Ruby.
- Fixed bugs.
- Implemented additional small features.
- Installed and configured Postfix as a smart host.
Full-stack Back-end Developer2014 - 2015Stealth Mode iOS/M-Commerce Silicon Valley Startup
Technologies: Python, REST, iOS, AWS, Stripe, Linux, Docker Containers
- Oversaw back-end creation and maintenance of an m-commerce iOS platform.
- Served as product manager for all API integrations, including multiple payment gateways.
- Managed all AWS/S3 activity.
- Rewrote legacy source code from scratch.
Chief Information Officer & Scrum Product Owner2011 - 2015FloraExpress
- Managed a five-member team and served as Scrum master in the company’s Scrum environment. Additional roles included Senior Full-stack Engineer, DevOps Engineer, and Deployment Engineer.
- Created an API-driven platform for quickly-growing company websites, mobile applications, and third-party integrations, and fully managed the deployment process.
- Reduced website downtime from 20% to 0% by rewriting the company’s services from scratch; helped to increase orders from 25/day to 75-80/day; and created 80% of the source code for the Python/Django version of a payment gateway that has twenty available payment methods, amongst other achievements.
- Developed an API core, four eCommerce fully functional landing sites, two alpha versions, two payment gateways (PHP and Python versions with fifteen and twenty payment methods), and a lot of small tools and integrations with third-party services.
- Built a stable, DDOS-protected, and horizontal scalable platform as well as a lot of business instruments.
- Enabled the company to handle about 8,000 orders per day on holidays because of the amazing CRM system built with AJAX and HTML5.
Senior PHP Developer, System Architect2011 - 2012Kanga
- Developed Flash games for Vk.com. Managed the team’s task management.
- Developed back-end features in PHP.
- Developed game landing pages and websites.
- Handled the deployment process with Linux server administration tasks.
- Facilitated real-time video processing with Wowza media services.
Middle Java Developer & System Architect2010 - 2011DuoTM
Technologies: Java, Network IO stack, JIRA, Continuous integration
- Worked with a team of Java developers to develop web application tasks and AION/Lineage II server network core in Java.
- Managed two team members.
- Completed the project successfully, but DuoTM was discontinued due to lack of funding.
- Built a very fast network IO threaded solution with encryption and DDOS protection.
- Developed and deployed configuration with Java build tools.
CEO, Team Leader, and Full-stack Developer2008 - 20092315.ru
- Founded and managed a web design and development company, managed four team members, and built eCommerce and portal type websites for the Russian market.
Network Engineer and Junior .NET Developer2004 - 2007Ural State University
Technologies: .NET C#, PHP, Python, Bash, Linux administration, Microsoft Active Directory, Diskless boot, Network infrastructure
- Served as network engineer and Windows/Linux administration team member.
- Helped manage a seven-server campus network along with 300 staff PCs.
- Oversaw diskless Linux and Windows boots, overriding workstation operating systems via remote network diskless boot and restoration of hard disk images, Active Directory management, domain politics, software politics, web servers, and network routing with shaping configuration.
- Used Python, C# (including .NET ASPX), Bash, and PHP to create utilities and other small programs for managing Active Directory and user politics.
- Developed a student intranet portal.
Network Engineer and .NET Junior Developer2005 - 2006SKB Kontur
Technologies: .NET C#, PHP, Linux server administration, Microsoft Active Directory, Subversion, Git
- Served primarily as contract network engineer but occasionally worked as a junior .NET developer.
- Managed all network hardware, software, and server configuration.
- Built company applications in ASP.NET C#, Windows-based C# apps, and console apps.