Alonso Godinez Salazar
Verified Expert in Engineering
GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Slack, Jira, WebStorm
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was an e-learning and content authoring platform that has a fully interactive course and widget creator with a custom exporting service.
Front-end Engineer II
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Migrated integration tests from WebDriver to Cypress.
- Implemented filtering using friendly usernames instead of IDs in OpsCenter-Systems Manager (client-only).
- Updated deprecated dependencies and infrastructure.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a real-time transcripts feature that increased the views/engagement and responses of long-form videos by 3%.
- Implemented Template Bubbles, an internally used feature that increases productivity in conversations with leads and prospect users.
- Triaged bugs that directly impact UX and media (camera/microphone) leaks.
- Implemented a new layout on topics which resulted in making information more engaging.
- Developed and maintained a front-end app for a new app and service using TypeScript and React.
- Built the main design system library shared through GitHub's private package manager.
- Defined the software engineers' code guidelines on a team.
- Reduced the bundle size of an internal app and service by 30%.
- Developed an MVP of the app, using WebRTC, Firebase Cloud Functions, and React SPA.
- Ported the web app as a desktop app using Electron and Electron Forge.
- Migrated from Semantic UI to Material-UI and styled-components.
- Integrated the FullCalendar library with the legacy codebase, reduced technical limitations for drag and drop features, and styled issues with the former core calendar library. Constructed it to easier inject custom components.
- Implemented a global keyboard shortcuts component that can be used by any component regardless of its input-based element.
- Reduced the bundle size using code splitting techniques, including route base split and tree shakeable libraries.
- Optimized most legacy class-based and functional components and upgraded to the latest version of React, all related dependencies, and deprecated APIs.
- Split the core component, reducing its complexity and performance, and made it reusable for new features.
- Improved Redux store performance using local-forage as cache and reselect for memoization.
- Improved the UX of the OAuth (Google, Microsoft) and third-party integrations (Slack, Asana) flow.
- Developed a guide to handle the z-index hierarchy across the whole app.
- Added new features and fixed bugs on-demand using Asana and Sentry.
- Assembled UI updates, fixed known bugs with high priority, and refactored core components of the legacy app.
- Automated the export of the app to Android and iOS using Apache Cordova and Bash/npm scripts.
- Implemented API connectivity to Vendor SOAP API, designed the architecture and made DB migrations to support synchronization events using RabbitMQ.
- Documented all endpoints related to Vendor SOAP API using Swagger UI and wrote unit tests.
- Led the notifications feature, took part in planning, development, testing, and integration with a small team, using the feature-flag strategy.
- Maintained and added features to our main product, a text authoring and course creation platform, using Jira as a reporting tool and Trello as a subtask manager.
- Participated in decision-making regarding the design and architecture of features and the team workflow on every sprint.
- Maintained client legacy apps, making accessibility and cross-browser compatibility improvements on previously exported widgets.
- Developed and integrated proof of concept of a content authoring platform to the client staging environment using the MERN stack, GraphQL, and Apollo.
- Tracked and fixed overall bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Built and maintained an ERP software as a service for small to medium businesses with a microservice architecture using Laravel as the core and Node.js for heavy transactions and real-time features.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using the Trello and Kanban board.
- Implemented notifications and chat for customer assistance, using real-time technologies.
- Developed the back end for an Uber-clone MVP that allows secure and fast user-taxi matching based on geo-fence distances. Currently integrated and used by well-known taxi companies in Perú.
- Designed the app architecture to support requests of the two apps in realtime, also making it very easy to integrate with existing taxi companies.
- Configured and deployed API for development and production environments to monitor app performance through log files.
- Designed an admin dashboard that allows managers to quickly customize and maintain their employees.
I worked on the transcripts feature and improved the UI, layout, and components for a "bubble."
I worked on the back end, and front end, but I spent most of the time maintaining and adding React components and the Chrome extension features.
The biggest one I worked on is the calendar, where we can block tasks, sync Google calendar events, drag in and out custom components of the app, etc.
Redux, Express.io, Cypress, Express.js, Bootstrap, Loopback, Video.js, Gin-Gonic, Material UI, Electron, Tailwind CSS, TestCafe, Serverless Framework, Next.js
React, React Redux, Firebase Web SDK, Node.js, Vue, Socket.IO, Seneca.js, Dropbox API, MooTools, Vuex, React Router, Chai, Moment.js, Reselect, Sinon.JS
JSON, Firebase Realtime Database, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Cloud Firestore, PostgreSQL
Front-end, Firebase Cloud Functions, APIs, A11Y, Apollo, Cordova, SOAP, Chrome Extensions, Styled-components, Web Accessibility
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Firebase Authentication, Git, AWS CloudFormation, WebStorm, Jira, Slack, GitHub, Bitbucket, Froala, RabbitMQ, Webpack, Redux Thunk, Yarn Workspaces, Sentry, Figma, Asana, Mocha
Firebase, Linux, AWS Lambda, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Twilio, Rancher, OpenTok, Docker
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering
Jorge Basadre Grohmann University - Tacna, Peru
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring