Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTTekmetric
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Socket.IO, CSS, Hazelcast, Amazon EC2, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, MUI (Material UI), Agile Software Development, Spring, REST, Spring Security, Hibernate, HTML5, React Redux, Spring Boot, Redux, Java, React
- Refactored existing React class components to functional components with hook API to improve readability, reuse, and maintainability of the front-end code base.
- Performed front-end performance improvements on various parts of the project using React higher-order components and hooks.
- Implemented missing back-end validation rules in various parts of the project to reduce bugs and misuse of the API.
- Increased code performance on the back end in exporting various data to CSV files around 30%-50% via proper pagination and better memory management.
- Implemented the back-end part of an essential feature of the application enabling 2-way SMS texting with customers from within the application via integration with a communications API provider.
- Improved database query performance via proper index introduction and usage in various parts of the project.
- Solved issues with Hazelcast caching solution to reduce database workload within the project.
Front-end Developer2018 - 2020Bayzat
- Developed payroll and time-off modules of the Bayzat Benefits platform, which helped the company deliver new features such as multiple payroll processing in the same month, better expense management, and accrual-based time-off management.
- Involved in architectural discussions of the migration of the front-end codebase from Ember.js to React.
- Assisted with the legacy code to separate the PHP codebase into the front end and back end and refactored many of the Twig templates.
- Tracked and fixed bugs in different modules of the Bayzat Benefits platform.
- Programmed with Ember.js, React, HTML 5, and SCSS to develop functional UI components that were pixel-perfect matches to the designers' sketches.
- Developed a reusable infinite scroll pagination component used project-wide.
Co-founder/Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Robusta
- Involved in choosing technology stack to enable rapid development of the functionality.
- Implemented front-end infrastructure code to enable rapid development of new CRUD screens.
- Involved in REST API endpoint design and implemented all user stories of the project in the front end.
Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2018Tubitak Bilgem YTE
- Pioneered the architectural design of the National Accounting System to be developed for the Ministry of Finance and Treasury of Turkey and played a critical role in setting up the microservices architecture.
- Designed and developed an infrastructural framework, including base UI components, form components, and validations on top of Ember.js to enable the development of three to four different front-end applications concurrently by different software development teams.
- Participated in the development of an open-source table component with Ember.js: https://github.com/tubitak-bilgem-yte/ember-contextual-table.
- Programmed with Ember.js, HTML 5, CSS, and Bootstrap daily to deliver functional UI components to match complex financial workflow requirements.
Software Development Team Lead2013 - 2015Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Agile Software Development, Oracle, Hibernate, Adobe Flex, Java EE
- Led a software development team of five to deliver three different software modules.
- Mentored and supported junior software developers via pair programming.
- Designed and developed a highly customizable and dynamic survey form infrastructure as part of one of the modules delivered. It enabled the creation of new surveys and the modification of existing ones with ease.
- Performed many database query optimizations and set up stored procedures to derive valuable information gathered through the system.
- Designed a customizable wizard component that eases the development of wizards with Adobe Flex.
Senior Full-stack Developer2011 - 2013Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Agile Software Development, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Oracle, Java, Hibernate, Quartz, Spring Batch, Spring
- Developed infrastructural components to be used by development teams to enable rapid and high-quality releases.
- Enabled a multi-threaded web service querying external systems with Spring Batch. It sped up the overall execution time of the batch jobs by approximately five times.
- Identified database-related bottlenecks and performed query optimizations targeted for Oracle.
- Involved in the monitoring and maintenance of Oracle Weblogic servers.
- Participated in the refactoring of legacy code to improve code maintenance and readability.
Full-stack Developer2009 - 2011Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Oracle, Hibernate, Adobe Flex, Java EE
- Aided in user requirements gathering sessions involving hundreds of people to derive software system requirements of the social assistance information system in Turkey.
- Designed and developed a software module to enable conditional cash transfer to citizens in need as part of the social assistance system in Turkey.
- Performed mission-critical business-to-business integrations with external systems using REST, SOAP, and FTP-based methods.
Junior Software Developer2007 - 2008Tom Sawyer Software
Technologies: SWT, Java
- Participated in the design and development of the layout animation and thread components of the TSV (Tom Sawyer Visualization) product.
- Tracked and fixed bugs encountered in the TSV product.
- Participated in the testing of the initial versions of the TSP product.