Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - PRESENTTekmetric
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Socket.IO, CSS, Hazelcast, AWS EC2, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon SQS, AWS Lambda, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Material-UI, Agile Software Development, Spring, REST, Spring Security, Hibernate, HTML5, React Redux, AWS, Spring Boot, Redux, Java, React
- Refactored existing React class components to functional components with hook API to improve readability, reuse, and maintainability of the front-end code base.
- Performed front-end performance improvements on various parts of the project using React higher-order components and hooks.
- Implemented missing back-end validation rules in various parts of the project to reduce bugs and misuse of the API.
- Increased code performance on the back end in exporting various data to CSV files around 30%-50% via proper pagination and better memory management.
- Implemented the back-end part of an essential feature of the application enabling 2-way SMS texting with customers from within the application via integration with a communications API provider.
- Improved database query performance via proper index introduction and usage in various parts of the project.
- Solved issues with Hazelcast caching solution to reduce database workload within the project.
Front-end Developer2018 - 2020Bayzat
- Developed payroll and time-off modules of the Bayzat Benefits platform, which helped the company deliver new features such as multiple payroll processing in the same month, better expense management, and accrual-based time-off management.
- Involved in architectural discussions of the migration of the front-end codebase from Ember.js to React.
- Assisted with the legacy code to separate the PHP codebase into the front end and back end and refactored many of the Twig templates.
- Tracked and fixed bugs in different modules of the Bayzat Benefits platform.
- Programmed with Ember.js, React, HTML 5, and SCSS to develop functional UI components that were pixel-perfect matches to the designers' sketches.
- Developed a reusable infinite scroll pagination component used project-wide.
Co-founder/Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Robusta
- Involved in choosing technology stack to enable rapid development of the functionality.
- Implemented front-end infrastructure code to enable rapid development of new CRUD screens.
- Involved in REST API endpoint design and implemented all user stories of the project in the front end.
Senior Full-stack Developer2015 - 2018Tubitak Bilgem YTE
- Pioneered the architectural design of the National Accounting System to be developed for the Ministry of Finance and Treasury of Turkey and played a critical role in setting up the microservices architecture.
- Designed and developed an infrastructural framework, including base UI components, form components, and validations on top of Ember.js to enable the development of three to four different front-end applications concurrently by different software development teams.
- Participated in the development of an open-source table component with Ember.js: https://github.com/tubitak-bilgem-yte/ember-contextual-table.
- Programmed with Ember.js, HTML 5, CSS, and Bootstrap daily to deliver functional UI components to match complex financial workflow requirements.
Software Development Team Lead2013 - 2015Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Agile Software Development, Oracle, Hibernate, Adobe Flex, Java EE
- Led a software development team of five to deliver three different software modules.
- Mentored and supported junior software developers via pair programming.
- Designed and developed a highly customizable and dynamic survey form infrastructure as part of one of the modules delivered. It enabled the creation of new surveys and the modification of existing ones with ease.
- Performed many database query optimizations and set up stored procedures to derive valuable information gathered through the system.
- Designed a customizable wizard component that eases the development of wizards with Adobe Flex.
Senior Full-stack Developer2011 - 2013Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Agile Software Development, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Oracle, Java, Hibernate, Quartz, Spring Batch, Spring
- Developed infrastructural components to be used by development teams to enable rapid and high-quality releases.
- Enabled a multi-threaded web service querying external systems with Spring Batch. It sped up the overall execution time of the batch jobs by approximately five times.
- Identified database-related bottlenecks and performed query optimizations targeted for Oracle.
- Involved in the monitoring and maintenance of Oracle Weblogic servers.
- Participated in the refactoring of legacy code to improve code maintenance and readability.
Full-stack Developer2009 - 2011Tubitak Bilgem YTE
Technologies: Oracle WebLogic Portal, Oracle, Hibernate, Adobe Flex, Java EE
- Aided in user requirements gathering sessions involving hundreds of people to derive software system requirements of the social assistance information system in Turkey.
- Designed and developed a software module to enable conditional cash transfer to citizens in need as part of the social assistance system in Turkey.
- Performed mission-critical business-to-business integrations with external systems using REST, SOAP, and FTP-based methods.
Junior Software Developer2007 - 2008Tom Sawyer Software
Technologies: SWT, Java
- Participated in the design and development of the layout animation and thread components of the TSV (Tom Sawyer Visualization) product.
- Tracked and fixed bugs encountered in the TSV product.
- Participated in the testing of the initial versions of the TSP product.