Data Scientist2018 - 2020Microsoft
Technologies: R, Microsoft Power BI, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn, AutoML, Azure, Jupyter, Pandas, NumPy, Python
- Built models to evaluate over 100 datasets to discover methods to improve the AutoML library.
- Improved the product on the benchmark against the competition by investigating and explaining a competing AutoML product's scoring methodology for imbalanced multi-class classification. I did this by digging deep into how metrics were computed.
- Analyzed feature importances by training over 100 datasets with automatic feature engineering libraries to prioritize featurizers for our AutoML product.
- Developed an end-to-end AutoML framework as part of a Hackathon project to understand what approaches would work best for AutoML.
- Delivered a dataset analysis and onboarding tool, which enabled evaluating, filtering, cleaning, and onboarding of 20 datasets into our benchmarking corpus.
- Built better compete performance graphs to improve confidence in the performance of each competitor across a corpus of over 100 datasets.
- Identified gaps in our benchmarking dataset corpus distribution and added over 20 datasets to fill those gaps.
Founder2015 - 2019Meon
Technologies: Heroku, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built a web platform that allows you to create apps in minutes (https:.//www.meonapp.com) .
- Built 80 varied apps in two days.
- Built apps for various clients on the platform.
- Added capabilities for both general users and developers to build apps.
- Enabled apps to be hosted as soon as built.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018Divensi, Inc.
Technologies: PDAL, Laspy, LiDAR, Jupyter, TensorFlow, Python
- Researched and developed a deep learning model for 3D point cloud semantic segmentation of imbalanced outdoor Lidar data, with near state-of-the-art results for outdoor Lidar.
- Developed a V1 cloud-hosted decision support system web application utilized by several enterprise users for a remote startup client. Hired a technical team and transitioned the product. Offered a CTO position by the client CEO.
- Built a data pipeline framework for machine learning experimentation with Lidar data.
Indie Developer2012 - 2014Independent Educational Mobile Game Developer
Technologies: ASP.NET, Corona SDK, Objective-C
- Built nine educational games released to the App Store; iOS and cross-platform using Corona SDK.
- Saw over 30,000 downloads across games. Performed App Store optimization to maximize adoption.
- Developed a broad range of games, from running quizzes to new mathematical puzzles. The samurai game was highly appreciated by middle school teachers in the US.
Founder2009 - 2011Thouwords, LLC.
Technologies: AlchemyAPI, ASP.NET
- Built a web application to make a textual website more visual by performing topic modeling with Alchemy API. Obtained images for each topic from Wikipedia APIs.
- Created a Wikipedia visual navigator using topic modeling and Wikipedia API to get images.
- Developed a web application to create rich ebooks for kids using pictures, video, and text books. The application was used to create picture books for kids and shared with parents.
Senior technical program manager2000 - 2009Microsoft
Technologies: Windows Communication Framework (WCF), SOA, Outlook, BizTalk Server, REST, C#, .NET
- Built BizTalk Server, an enterprise messaging and workflow platform from idea to product.
- Released three versions of BizTalk Server.
- Created the first .NET based Outlook API.
- Built a service delivery platform for mobile telecom providers using .NET and SOA, including several WS- standards like WS-reliability and WS-eventing.
- Defined and led the inclusion of REST API in .NET WCF.
Technical Product and Program Manager2006 - 2007Amazon
Technologies: Java, Workflow, Engineering, Systems
- Captured the end-to-end Amazon retail messaging and workflow blueprint by collaborating with over 40 teams at Amazon that used the messaging and workflow framework.
- Defined and led the creation of an internal distributed configuration store modeled on DNS.
- Proposed a well-received vision for (the then new) Amazon cloud. It was based on true elasticity and automatic scalability.
- Acting upon the vice president's suggestion, I presented the proposal to a special future architecture group. They incorporated it into their plans.
- Drove the adoption of a distributed configuration store across teams in the company.
Senior Software Engineer1998 - 2000Microsoft (via Aditi)
Technologies: Profiling, CODE, Visual Studio, XSLT, XSD, XML, ATL, C++
- Built a code profiler for Visual Studio Internal tools in C++.
- Developed an XSD (XML Schema Definition) library in C++.
- Created a persistence layer for an XSLT based BizTalk schema mapper.
- Ported FrontPage server extensions to a pre-release version of C#.