Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTOsprey Underwriters
Technologies: JSON, Moodle, SQL, SQLAlchemy, Pandas, Python, MySQL
- Created a back-end system as well as implementing various algorithms to compute the insurance premiums of different products.
- Handled the data cleaning and the entire design of the database architecture via the programming of several Python scripts and Jupyter notebooks.
- Integrated and cooperated on automated tasks running between different servers as required by the customer.
- Customized an already installed and running Moodle server used for video courses–enabling the authentication of users on an external MySQL database with various levels of control.
- Implemented a number of MySQL stored procedures (using JSON strings as a list of parameters to be transferred to the database) in order for improved, easier integration between the back-end and front-end of various web apps.
Data Analyst2011 - PRESENTAvepa
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Python, R, PL/SQL, Oracle
- Implemented an automatic report generator in order to produce statistics reports for the European Commission with detailed data of payments.
- Created software to replicate the legacy software used to calculate payments and check the integrity of an internal calculus algorithm.
- Wrote several views and queries to an Oracle back-end database to retrieve payments information.
- Created R scripts to sync a Pentaho repository with a Oracle database in order to align metadata and descriptions of every Pentaho report.
- Developed a repository with specifications of Oracle views through interviews to different stakeholders.
Financial Model Builder2016 - 2016SPP (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), NumPy, Pandas, Python
- Migrated all of the features and elaboration tasks of a complex financial model built with several huge Excel workbooks into 2 Python scripts written to speed up all computation—from more than 10 hours down to a few minutes. Both scripts also implement a quality check of the input data and have constraints to assure reliable and robust computation.
Quantitative Analyst/Trader2015 - 2015Glory Trading Systems GmbH
Technologies: Statistics, Algorithmic Trading, Machine Learning, Pandas, NumPy, Python, R
- Developed algorithmic trading strategies.
- Performed time series analysis (OHLC and tick data).
- Implemented statistical analysis, linear regression, and machine learning.
- Developed code in R and Python.
Data Analyst2010 - 2010City of Treviso
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Statistics, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), MySQL
- Created a system for the employment center in order to statistically analyze labor market data and dynamically create reports with KPI data required by the client.
- Wrote reports with VBA programming in order to dynamically gather data from the back-end MySQL database.
- Created stored procedures and views in the MySQL back-end database in order to calculate and filter out any unnecessary data.
Business Analyst2007 - 2010GN ReSound
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access
- Created a data warehouse reporting solution in order to monitor finance, sales, and production departments.The system was connected to the back-end ERP (Navision) in order to gather data, and dynamically create several Excel reports, and a Microsoft Access database to interact with.
- Wrote Excel reports that had a dynamical update feature where data was downloaded from a back-end database and then the cells inside the sheet were filled in and elaborated as required by the client.
- Backed up some data from SQL Server into a local Microsoft Access database for more complex analysis and also to let the client choose from different filters and aggregation of sales; he could also print reports of his queries.
- Developed software that contained a real-time calendar with upcoming orders and display of some KPI indicators to monitor the production process of hearing instruments.