Senior Software Engineer2022 - 2022Daily AI LLC
- Developed an MVP with a small team of engineers, keeping a tight deadline, and introducing major new features in an agile environment.
- Led the development of a UI component library in Storybook, which eased the development of the app thanks to many pre-built primitives such as date pickers, dropdowns, buttons, and others.
- Implemented features using accessible and maintainable React code, including optimistic updates, error handling, drag-and-drop actions, batch updates, and more.
- Conducted code reviews and assisted other engineers with problems and ideas.
Front-end Tech Lead2022 - 2022Hildebranding LTD
- Scoped and developed an MVP that allows users to draw emotions based on templates using HTML5 Canvas and React.
- Made all major architectural decisions, setting up a maintainable component-based design system based on Figma for future expansion and development.
- Integrated the front-end with Supabase, adding user authentication, image uploads, and real-time table synchronization.
- Guided the team through the launch process and integrated the app with Netlify for a seamless experience.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using GitHub's project board.
Front-end Tech Lead2022 - 2022Cryptobuilders OÜ
- Refactored the Svelte-based application markup to be more accessible, reusable, semantic, and easy to maintain.
- Cleaned and improved the design system with Tailwind CSS and added a consistent structure across the entire app.
- Introduced an agile project management strategy for the entire front-end team, including GitHub user stories, Kanban boards, review and deployment processes, and ensured that the team followed these processes.
- Documented collaboration and development workflows.
- Worked on new, user-facing features and fixed bugs in the existing codebase.
Front-end Engineer2021 - 2022Databricks
- Integrated a third-party SQL Editor into the main repository as a workspace and set up build scripts, dependencies, and test coverage.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Introduced Cypress as an end-to-end testing tool and hooked it up into GitHub Actions.
Software Engineer2018 - 2021Camunda Services GmbH
- Implemented and shipped major features for Cawemo, a cloud-based modeling and collaboration platform.
- Introduced design patterns, fixed bugs, and refactored the existing architecture to be more manageable and up-to-date.
- Extended test coverage with Cypress.io and Jest, resulting in higher code confidence within the team.
- Worked with other teams to provide technical support and to satisfy user stories based on quarterly goals while utilizing Kanban and Scrum methodologies.
Web Developer2016 - 2018Ministry of Environment, Dominican Republic
- Planned, developed, and managed the launch of a new landing page, which resulted in a better public perception and an increased number of student applications.
- Improved students’ learning experience by building a web platform to manage documents, grades, and English lessons.
- Taught English to students and prepared various materials, tests, and other educational resources.
Application Developer2013 - 2016Vitra
- Developed CLI tools in Node.js to automate the shipping of software packages which decreased the preparation time for releases by 20%.
- Planned, developed, and introduced a new product page that enhanced customer support and the help desk workflow.
- Integrated a third-party video hosting platform in coordination with different departments—providing an intuitive way to share information within the entire company.
- Provided various on-site software training sessions for internal and external clients.
- Created video tutorials and documentation for customers.
Network Administrator2013 - 2014Vitrashop Services GmbH
- Implemented a self-service password reset for 1000 employees, effectively lowering support requests for the IT department by 15%.
- Coordinated the migration of print servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Assisted in developing and maintaining an enterprise portal with a notable impact on how business processes were digitized and processed.
- Provided technical support for employees from all office branches in first and second-level support.