Andrew J Dushane
Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrew is a professional user interface developer with over eight years of experience creating web applications. He is passionate about crafting excellent, intuitive interfaces that provide a clean, enjoyable experience for users. With proven knowledge of customer service and project management, he is accustomed to working with clients and coworkers from all corporate levels to ensure excellent outcomes that exceed client expectations.
Sublime Text, Atom, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WebStorm, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...private project I've developed is a news headline aggregation app: deceptively simple, but exactly what was needed.
- Developed a consumer-facing user interface.
Disney Partners Federal Credit Union
- Developed the user interface for a new web-based banking application for creating new memberships, opening new loans, and creating other financial products for members.
- Created a fast, dynamic, and highly responsive experience.
- Built an accessible, mobile-responsive, and aesthetically pleasing interface.
- Developed an intuitive, easy-to-use, member-facing interface to walk members through the process of creating an account or lending product.
- Created a robust and efficient staff-facing interface for administration of applications and financial products.
- Worked with business analysts and stakeholders to define and gather requirements and define user stories.
- Collaborated with quality analysts to define test cases and identify and resolve defects.
- Developed LAMP stack and MEAN stack applications.
- Created interactive, intuitive user interfaces.
- Used adaptive and responsive styling for cross-platform compatibility.
- Developed WordPress themes and plugins.
- Deployed websites in various cloud server environments.
- Used search engine optimization best practices to improve web search rankings.
- Worked with clients to develop ideas to improve their online presence.
Built with a React/Redux front-end and a Node.js/Express/MongoDB back end, the codebase can be viewed at:
The architecture is, as you would expect, simple. You get the three most recent headlines from about twenty of the world's top news sources. Tap to collapse any source you're not interested in. Tap to expand and see up to twenty headlines from any source. Tapping a headline takes you straight to the news source's site to view the full article.
The project was originally built with a Sinatra (Ruby) back-end and Vanilla JS front-end. Wanting to improve performance a bit, I re-wrote the current version of Simply News with a Node.js API and React.js UI.
View the codebase on my GitHub at https://github.com/andrewdushane/simply-news-ui
Please note that, as this a personal project, the server goes to sleep when inactive. It may take about twenty seconds to wake up.
Bash for Beginnershttp://andrewdushane.github.io/bash-for-beginners/
This project is a prototype I put together for fun, because one of the only things more fun than learning something new is teaching someone else something new--or, even better, creating something that will teach them for you.
View the codebase: https://github.com/andrewdushane/bash-for-beginners
React Redux, React, React Router, REST APIs, Node.js, Redux-Saga, Backbone.js, Instagram API
Front-end Development, Apollo, Ajax, Fetch API
Redux, Express.js, Flux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Laravel, Sinatra, AngularJS, Jest
Redux Thunk, WebStorm, Atom, Sublime Text, Webpack, Flow, MongoLab, Mongoose
Testing, MEAN Stack
MacOS, Linux, LAMP, WordPress, Azure, Heroku, DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Spanish/Chemistry
Michigan State University - East Lansing, Michigan