Verified Expert in Engineering
Andrew has over 25 years of web development experience with a focus on WordPress development since 2012, which includes custom plugins and theme development, API and data integrations, troubleshooting, malware removal, and migrations. With a deep understanding of the WordPress codebase, Andrew provides services to clients who require more than an off-the-shelf solution.
LAMP, Linux, PhpStorm, Git, WP Engine, WordPress VIP, REST APIs, WordPress, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2
The most amazing...
...client I have worked with helps improve women's lives. I built many bespoke plugins for their highly customized WooCommerce Subscriptions site.
Owner and Lead Web Developer
- Worked directly with some of my clients, provided white-label services, and consulted for the clients of larger web/marketing agencies. White-label outsourced services for larger agencies are the core niche of my 84EM business.
- Provided development and consulting for an enterprise WooCommerce eCommerce client, working closely with product and engineering teams to build new features.
- Developed and maintained dozens of custom plugins for a heavily trafficked and customized WooCommerce Subscriptions site with millions in annual revenue, including API integrations, custom reporting, custom store credit, and custom loyalty plugins.
- Built a custom WordPress REST API integration for a high-profile cryptocurrency client with billions in assets under management. Data is sourced from the client's internal API and made available publicly through the WordPress API.
- Integrated a custom Looker API for a WordPress client in the healthcare industry, which provided real-time walk-in appointment availability.
- Created a heavily trafficked and customized LearnDash site for a multinational enterprise client. This includes a custom SAML single sign-on integration that supports unlimited IDPs, custom reporting and automation, custom API integrations, etc.
- Made a lead generation site for a major wireless carrier. Utilized GeoIP to display stores nearest to a user's location and allow a coupon download for that store with the address on the coupon and a bar or QR coupon code.
- Provided monthly support, updates, and maintenance for over 230 websites. I continue to do so to this day.
- Developed dozens of custom WordPress plugins, including sending Gravity Forms submissions to various CRMs as leads, integrating WooCommerce with multiple payment platforms and CRMs, and integrating WordPress with an MLS database.
- Provided support for an agency client with a custom-built CMS. Built new sites on their CMS and applied code maintenance and security patches. Provided support for server and hosting-related issues when needed.
- Developed custom WordPress plugins and themes for over 100 clients.
- Provided monthly maintenance of 100+ client websites.
- Built a marketing and lead generation theme/plugin combination for WordPress, which took 15 hours to create and generated $25,000 a month in revenue for the client.
- Constructed complex websites and integrations for popular WordPress plugins, such as WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, and Advanced Custom Fields for clients of various industries.
- Developed a custom WooCommerce site with multi-vendor support that allowed different vendors to display different products on the front end, acting as if each vendor had its own store.
- Created custom NetSuite integrations to allow two different NetSuite accounts to talk to one another via their REST API.
- Integrated NetSuite with a custom-built (in-house), external LAMP-based website platform.
- Provided code support for the client's custom-built LAMP CMS.
- Built websites on the NetSuite platform for a multi-channel online eCommerce retailer whose revenue exceeded $50 million/year.
- Performed administration, customization, and automation of the company's NetSuite account, streamlining processes to improve efficiency.
- Learned the SuiteScript programming platform that NetSuite provides for more extensive automation and integration with their platform.
- Wrote processes such as the auto-approval of orders which greatly reduced tedious, manual tasks for salespeople.
- Integrated the account with an external image management tool which speed and simplified the process of maintaining product images within NetSuite.
Director of Application Development
- Built dozens of custom, from-scratch websites for clients in various industries.
- Developed custom eCommerce applications and integrations with third-party payment processors and CRMs.
- Provided server administration and hosting support for hundreds of websites on dedicated web servers hosted at Rackspace.
- Provided ongoing support to clients in the manner of website updates, fixes, etc.
Web Developer | Search Engine Specialist
Over Coffee Productions
- Built websites using a custom-built, proprietary CRM built-in PHP in a LAMP environment.
- Leveraged SEO best practices to boost conversion rates for several eCommerce and lead generating clients, including national brands.
- Provided phone and email support for clients as part of their monthly maintenance packages to add new content and functionality.
Freelance Web Developer
- Built custom websites in the late '90s and early '00s for various clients such as retail businesses, musicians, authors, and more.
- Tripled the conversion rate for an author's WYSIWYG website by decreasing load times through a rebuild to a static website.
- Implemented dynamic website functionality, such as payment forms, message boards, guestbooks, and more, using Common Gateway Interface (CGI) and Perl.
WooCommerce Store Credit
WooCommerce Loyalty Program
Crypto Pricing API Plugin
CodeIgniter, CodeIgniter 3, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap 3+, Swagger
WordPress REST API, jQuery, WordPress API, Google Maps, WooCommerce API, REST APIs, JSON API, Stripe API
MySQL Workbench, PhpStorm, LearnDash, GitHub, ACF PRO, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), AffiliateWP, Google Analytics, WP-CLI, Git, NGINX
Non-CMS Web Development, Database-driven Web App Development, Automation, REST, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
WordPress, WooCommerce, WordPress VIP, Apache2, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Mailgun, LAMP
MySQLi, MySQL, WP Engine, Database Migration, Databases, SQL Performance, Relational Databases, Data Pipelines, Database Security, JSON
Project Management, Cybersecurity
APIs, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Rescue, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2, Data Migration, eCommerce, Subscriptions, REST API Clients, JSON REST APIs, Plugins, Elementor, Web Development, Web App Development, Full-stack, Website Maintenance, Website Audits, Website Management, Website Migration, Server Migration, Gravity Forms, Web Security, Security, Technical Leadership, Content Management Systems (CMS), Payment APIs, Online Payments, Web Project Management, WordPress eCommerce, WordPress Multisite, Webhooks, Performance Optimization, Performance, QR Codes, Third-party APIs, Website Optimization, Application Security, SSH, API Integration, Front-end Development, Page Speed Optimization, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Server Security, GDPR, Yoast SEO, Appointment Booking, Booking Systems, Technical Architecture, IT Security
Certified WordPress Expert