Senior Software Developer2012 - PRESENTRadialpoint
Technologies: Java, JAX-RS / REST, Redis, JPA, Spring, Scala, Play Framework, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Python
- Joined the core Java development team to work on the company's SaaS offering.
- Participated actively in the development of various REST-based services (JAX-RS / Apache CXF / Jetty).
- Built data access layers on top of Oracle / PostgreSQL / MySQL.
- Implemented caching using Redis.
- Utilized the SpringSource projects portfolio (Spring Framework / Spring Security / Spring Data / Spring Batch) and Hibernate / JPA.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Northforge Innovations
Technologies: Spring, Grails, Groovy, MongoDB, Ehcache, Java, REST
- Developed a web-based, highly interactive, close to real-time (using Servlet 3.0 API), network topology visualization solution providing up-to-date monitoring information for every element (alarms, statuses, rolled up statistics, etc.) of customer networks.
- Integrated the solution with many other services (using RMI, RMI over HTTP, and JGroups) to provide a consistent and complete network topology view.
Senior Java Developer2011 - 2011Compuware
Technologies: Java, Spring, Liferay, JPA, SOAP
- Participated in web services integration and simulation using Spring Web Services.
- Participated in development of web portlets using Liferay 6x.
Team Lead, Software Developer2009 - 2011FeatureSet Inc.
Technologies: BlazeDS, Java, JEE, Spring, Flex, Quartz, Hibernate, Infinispan, AspectJ, FreeMarker, Tomcat, ActiveMQ, Apache Lucene, Apache POI, Apache Tika, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Led all aspects of server-side development using J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Flex, Quartz, Hibernate, Infinispan, AspectJ, FreeMarker, and Apache Tomcat.
- Was responsible for the implementation of search capabilities using Hibernate Search on top of Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, and Apache POI.
- Involved in the architecture and implementation of asynchronous processing using Apache ActiveMQ.
- Architected and implemented security features using Spring Security and in-house frameworks.
- Participated actively in the elaboration of database schema for MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Involved in client-side development using Adobe Flex on top of Adobe BlazeDS.
- Introduced and maintained TDD/BDD practices using JUnit tests, continuous builds, and integration using Apache Maven 2 and CruiseControl. Increased product quality considerably.
- Used Groovy scripting extensively to speed up development and to build internal domain-specific languages.
- Participated actively in the implementation of automated deployment for the Amazon EC2 cloud as well as the Eucalyptus cloud.
Software Development Consultant2007 - 2009ProQuo, Inc.
Technologies: JEE, Hibernate, JSF, Java, Apache Axis2, AspectJ, MySQL, PayPal
- Used test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), and aspect-oriented programming (AspectJ) regularly and actively.
- Participated in all aspects of the development process, including the design of database schema, implementation of web services and business logic, and development of management tools.
- Developed web applications (Tomcat/JSF/Facelets/AJAX) with reporting and management functions.
- Participated in the development of business logic and web services (Axis2).
- Participated in the design of database structure and data access capabilities (Hibernate/MySQL).
- Implemented a payment/subscription support system using PayPal API.
- Used open-source software extensively.
- Used the IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse development environments and version control systems (Subversion and Bazaar).
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2007LUXOFT UA
Technologies: C++, Boost, BerkleyDB
- Contributed to the development of a distributed web-based people search engine (USA and Canada) using C++/Boost on top of the Linux platform.
- Was involved in developing parsers, analyzers, indexers, and persistence layers (BerkleyDB) processing huge amounts (hundreds of terabytes) of raw Internet data dumps in order to recognize relevant people and information (locations, related people, images, quotes, publications, etc).
- Participated in the development of a simple web interface for search allowing users to type first and/or last names and view all related information structured by categories.
Software Developer2003 - 2007Open Soft LTD
Technologies: C++, C#, Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, MFC, COM, MS SQL Server, ActiveX
- Developed software (Microsoft Visual C++ and COM) for online processing of digital signals (E1/T1).
- Developed a CAD application for modeling a building’s heating systems (Microsoft Visual C++ and COM).
- Developed an IrDA-based messenger for PC-PDA communication (Microsoft Embedded Visual C++).
- Developed high-level drivers for various measurement devices (Microsoft Visual C++).
- Created a distributed subsystem for online motion detection, recording, and notification (remote spying), configurable remotely via a web interface (C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Suite).
- Developed a web-based expert system for managing international automotive legislations (C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio Team Suite, and Microsoft SQL Server).
- Developed various COM/ActiveX components (Microsoft Visual C++, C#, and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Suite).
Software Developer2001 - 2003Ferplast Ukraine
- Supported and extended an ERP system (Microsoft Visual C++, Borland C++ Builder, and COM).
- Supported enterprise data analysis and reporting (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Deployed enterprise application servers (Citrix MetaFrame).
Software Developer1999 - 2001Actis
Technologies: C++, PHP
- Developed eCommerce web sites (PHP).
- Created an internal accounting subsystem (C++).
- Developed internal online monitoring software (PHP and C++).