Software Development Team Lead2015 - PRESENTOutfit.io
Technologies: React, Redux, Webpack, Ruby, Rails, GraphQL, Go, Serverless, AWS, Docker, Ansible, SSO, Microservices
- Led a development team to build a platform for marketing and brand automation. Conducted research about the best technologies and architecture designs for the developers.
- Worked on DevOps using Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Ansible.
- Built integrations for the platform such as SSO, Salesforce, and Asset Bank.
- Scoped and planned tasks for the product roadmaps.
- Communicated and consulted on client solutions for requested requirements.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Concept Patterns (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React
- Imported a legacy database from DBF to PostgreSQL.
- Researched about the glass industry and implemented an ordering module.
- Synced data back from PostgreSQL to a legacy DBF database.
- Printed and sent email Invoices and work orders.
- Built a SPA on Rails and React.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer2015 - 2015Agency Revolution
Technologies: Node.js, RethinkDB, Go, React, Redux, Microservices, Ansible, Redis
- Built Node.js and Go microservices for the marketing automation in the insurance brokers industry. The whole project was divided into many microservices and workers. They communicated via a Kafka message bus.
- Developed React components using Redux for the front-ends.
- Worked closely with the vice president of product to analyze project requirements and design the features.
- Created a meta-form library to help clients efficiently integrate marketing automation with web forms.
Chief Product and Full-stack Software Engineer2013 - 2014CloudJay Pte. Ltd.
- Managed a team to develop full-stack from the back-end (Django on App Engine) to the front-end (SPA with AngularJS) to build a management system for ports. We also created some Node.js microservices to handle the workflow.
- Worked with the sales team to meet the biggest inland container depots in Vietnam to consult on the solution and set up the onboarding process for field and office workers.
- Developed a SaaS product for a client to help US-to-VN shipping companies to manage orders from the U.S. to Vietnam; back-end with Rails and the front-end with AngularJS.
Entrepreneur | Full-stack Software Engineer2013 - 2013Lifebox JSC
- Led my team in developing Lifebox 365 (an app that manages your motivation by taking story lapse pictures for your goals) which won the first prize in the BlackBerry Jam Hack in Vietnam and the third prize of BlackBerry Jam Hack Asia.
- Led the development team and tried to make our first SaaS startup product called Lifebox Daily which is a daily stand-up scrum system for teams via email and web. I chose Django framework for the back-end and used AngularJS for building an SPA on the web's front-end.
- Developed a hook to listen and parse email from clients to automatically add stand-up reports to Lifebox Daily.
Software Development Team Lead2012 - 2013HPT Vietnam Corporation
- Led a team of ten web developers to develop a human capital management system called e-Success.
- Managed and trained team members with ASP.NET MVC framework for the back-end development, HTML5, jQuery, Knockout.js, and Bootstrap for the front-end development.
- Worked closely with a project owner and business analyst to understand the project requirements.
- Designed the architecture for the app.
- Researched business processes for the human capital management systems such as SuccessFactors and Oracle Taleo.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012VinaDigital Co. Ltd.
- Built an HTML5 chat client which connects through a WCF service (with load balancing algorithm) to communicate with Microsoft Lync system for a web-based customer help service integrated with Microsoft Lync 2010 and Outlook.
- Developed and maintained a branding website for Effoc, one of the top Vietnamese takeaway coffee chain.
- Created and maintained the branding website for Quang Tan Hoa, a significant coffee machine distributor in Vietnam.
- Developed a Windows Phone app to help Vietnamese students learn the 3,000 most-used English words efficiently.
Microsoft Student Partner Lead2007 - 2011Microsoft
Technologies: WCF, WPF, Windows Phone, ASP.NET MVC
- Led a team of 40 Microsoft student partners to create Microsoft clubs and local Microsoft technology training sessions in over 40 universities in Vietnam.
- Worked as a trainer for Windows Phone, Silverlight, and ASP.NET MVC.
- Participated in the Imagine Cup.