Verified Expert in Engineering
Building software is not only for getting things done but also for the enhancement of the user experience. That's why Anh became a full-stack software engineer so that he could understand the user experience better and help the companies nail good solutions for clients. He also loves to try and learn new technologies. Seeing his clients succeed gives him more motivation to develop his career.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microservices, Ansible, Docker, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built was a platform to help clients produce their marketing content at scale in less time with higher productivity.
Software Development Team Lead
- Led a development team to build a platform for marketing and brand automation. Conducted research about the best technologies and architecture designs for the developers.
- Worked on DevOps using Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Ansible.
- Built integrations for the platform such as SSO, Salesforce, and Asset Bank.
- Scoped and planned tasks for the product roadmaps.
- Communicated and consulted on client solutions for requested requirements.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Concept Patterns (via Toptal)
- Imported a legacy database from DBF to PostgreSQL.
- Researched about the glass industry and implemented an ordering module.
- Synced data back from PostgreSQL to a legacy DBF database.
- Printed and sent email Invoices and work orders.
- Built a SPA on Rails and React.
Senior Full-stack Software Engineer
- Built Node.js and Go microservices for the marketing automation in the insurance brokers industry. The whole project was divided into many microservices and workers. They communicated via a Kafka message bus.
- Developed React components using Redux for the front-ends.
- Worked closely with the vice president of product to analyze project requirements and design the features.
- Created a meta-form library to help clients efficiently integrate marketing automation with web forms.
Chief Product and Full-stack Software Engineer
CloudJay Pte. Ltd.
- Managed a team to develop full-stack from the back-end (Django on App Engine) to the front-end (SPA with AngularJS) to build a management system for ports. We also created some Node.js microservices to handle the workflow.
- Worked with the sales team to meet the biggest inland container depots in Vietnam to consult on the solution and set up the onboarding process for field and office workers.
- Developed a SaaS product for a client to help US-to-VN shipping companies to manage orders from the U.S. to Vietnam; back-end with Rails and the front-end with AngularJS.
Entrepreneur | Full-stack Software Engineer
- Led my team in developing Lifebox 365 (an app that manages your motivation by taking story lapse pictures for your goals) which won the first prize in the BlackBerry Jam Hack in Vietnam and the third prize of BlackBerry Jam Hack Asia.
- Led the development team and tried to make our first SaaS startup product called Lifebox Daily which is a daily stand-up scrum system for teams via email and web. I chose Django framework for the back-end and used AngularJS for building an SPA on the web's front-end.
- Developed a hook to listen and parse email from clients to automatically add stand-up reports to Lifebox Daily.
Software Development Team Lead
HPT Vietnam Corporation
- Led a team of ten web developers to develop a human capital management system called e-Success.
- Managed and trained team members with ASP.NET MVC framework for the back-end development, HTML5, jQuery, Knockout.js, and Bootstrap for the front-end development.
- Worked closely with a project owner and business analyst to understand the project requirements.
- Designed the architecture for the app.
- Researched business processes for the human capital management systems such as SuccessFactors and Oracle Taleo.
VinaDigital Co. Ltd.
- Built an HTML5 chat client which connects through a WCF service (with load balancing algorithm) to communicate with Microsoft Lync system for a web-based customer help service integrated with Microsoft Lync 2010 and Outlook.
- Developed and maintained a branding website for Effoc, one of the top Vietnamese takeaway coffee chain.
- Created and maintained the branding website for Quang Tan Hoa, a significant coffee machine distributor in Vietnam.
- Developed a Windows Phone app to help Vietnamese students learn the 3,000 most-used English words efficiently.
Microsoft Student Partner Lead
- Led a team of 40 Microsoft student partners to create Microsoft clubs and local Microsoft technology training sessions in over 40 universities in Vietnam.
- Worked as a trainer for Windows Phone, Silverlight, and ASP.NET MVC.
- Participated in the Imagine Cup.
Outfit.io | A Brand and Marketing Automation Platformhttps://outfit.io
Agency Revolution | Communication Platforms and Marketing Tools for Insurance Marketershttps://www.agencyrevolution.com/
CJayNet | A SaaS for Managing Container Maintenance and Repair Services in Depots
Lifebox Daily | A SaaS Product for Efficient Daily Scrum Standup
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, Knockout (Knockout.js), AngularJS, Redux, React Native, Angular
React, Node.js, Salesforce API
Postman, Slack, Terminal, Ansible, Microsoft Lync, SendGrid, Webpack
Mobile Development, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Serverless Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Microservices
AWS Lambda, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Windows Phone, Heroku, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Consulting, Single Sign-on (SSO), Team Leadership, Algorithms, Outlook, Serverless
Redis, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, RethinkDB, Google Cloud, NoSQL, MySQL
Completed a Course in Sprout e-Course Innovate4Good (Innovation and Leadership for Goodness)
Microsoft and Take It Global - Online
Acceleration Program in Entrepreneurship
JFDI.Asia - Singapore
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Science, VNU-HCMC | Portland State University - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach
University of Washington via Coursera
Being a Leader and the Effective Exercise of Leadership: an Ontological/Phenomenological Model
John von Neumann Institute