Verified Expert in Engineering
Anthony is an analytical and resourceful leader with over 25 years of experience in data engineering, database development, and process design and development. He has deep experience in the financial services industry and a keen ability to understand business and data requirements and customize value‐added applications. He's known for his expert skills in operations and risk management. Anthony is poised and intellectually curious, with executive-level written and verbal communication skills.
Tableau, SQL Server Management Studio, Python, Snowflake, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL DML, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Performance Tuning
The most amazing...
...application I've built implemented my team's mortgage default model that allowed a top five bank to estimate losses for their $6 billion mortgage portfolio.
PepsiCo - Omnichannel
- Designed and implemented a data model for a Power BI-built custom reporting dashboard used by C-level and upper-management executives.
- Analyzed CPG data and worked with stakeholders to develop smart solutions to efficiently fit their needs. Ultimately, worked not just as a data engineer but also as a process consultant.
- Functioned as a thought leader on the project, offering guidance on dashboard design and layout, process flow, stakeholder interactions, meeting presentations and agendas, and data transfer architecture.
SVP, Data and Operational Risk
- Led and participated in the build and roll-out of processes that automated letter generation. The effort involved expert-level data engineering via rebuilding SQL Server database, developing .NET front-end, and redesigning existing vendor data feeds.
- Designed and built ETL packages using Microsoft SSIS, importing data from over 20 third-party vendors in various formats and exporting data to the firm's many financial services clients.
- Functioned as point person on a large-scale government process/data audit. Worked directly with auditors to further refine and confirm needs. Via t-SQL stored procedures, performed complex data requests and provided accurate, heavily-tested data.
- Analyzed processes of a majority of the firm's business units. Provided recommendations on work effort, probability of success, and priority. Led and participated in the process and technical redesigns, focusing primarily on data engineering.
- Led the effort to design and build a custom document management system in a Microsoft Azure and Microsoft SQL Server environment. Effort involved building data pipelines from 10 different sources of documents in the company.
SVP | Chief Technologist of Mortgages and Risk Operations
- Designed and built a custom C#/SQL Server application platform called LoanDesk, which functions as the group’s central hub for conducting all forms of its business. Served as the chief data architect throughout LoanDesk development.
- Created ETL packages for both importing data from over 30 third-party vendors and clients and exporting data to accounting firms, investors, auditors, and third-party vendors.
- Used my expert-level t-SQL knowledge and performed a detailed analysis to create ad-hoc reports for upper-level management.
- Created a monthly reporting package detailing performance and analytics related to mortgage loans; presented reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Functioned as the point person on a large-scale government process/data audit. Worked directly with auditors to further refine and confirm needs, created detailed complex data requests, and provided accurate, heavily-tested data.
Options Trader | Application Developer
- Managed and traded options from our own account on the CBOE floor in the pit that included Apple, Exxon, and Phillip Morris.
- Designed and built VBS-based models and applications used for calculating implied options data (volatilities, interest rates, dividends) which then integrated with industry-standard options market-maker system.
- Created a reporting system used by traders and management to evaluate risk and performance.
- Redesigned the process flow at a Fortune 500 company that streamlined their trading operations; also worked on the technology team that implemented the newly-designed process.
- Designed and built various prototype mobile phone websites, one of which was used by Accenture in the firm's marketing brochures.
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Excel VBA, SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), SQL DML, C#.NET, Java, C++, C, Python, Snowflake
MySQL Performance Tuning, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Slack
Database Development, ETL, Database Design, Business Intelligence (BI)
Databases, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2016, SQL Performance, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Performance, Database Architecture, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Management Studio, Data Pipelines, Database Modeling
Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Analytics, Data Engineering, Design Leadership, Data Architecture, Process Design, Performance Analysis, Performance Tuning, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Data Queries, Data Migration, Scripting Languages, ETL Tools, Microsoft 365, Business Intelligence Architecture, Data Analytics, Data Profiling, Operations, Trading, Reports, Stakeholder Analysis, Stakeholder Interviews
Azure, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master of Business Administration Degree in Finance
University of Notre Dame - Notre Dame, IN
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Notre Dame - Notre Dame, IN