SVP, Data and Operational Risk2016 - 2019Fay Servicing
Technologies: Tableau, SSRS, .NET, SQL Server Management Studio, Azure, Data Engineering, Data Pipelines, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Led and participated in the build and roll-out of processes that automated letter generation. The effort involved expert-level data engineering via rebuilding SQL Server database, developing .NET front-end, and redesigning existing vendor data feeds.
- Designed and built ETL packages using Microsoft SSIS, importing data from over 20 third-party vendors in various formats and exporting data to the firm's many financial services clients.
- Functioned as point person on a large-scale government process/data audit. Worked directly with auditors to further refine and confirm needs. Via t-SQL stored procedures, performed complex data requests and provided accurate, heavily-tested data.
- Analyzed processes of a majority of the firm's business units. Provided recommendations on work effort, probability of success, and priority. Led and participated in the process and technical redesigns, focusing primarily on data engineering.
- Led the effort to design and build a custom document management system in a Microsoft Azure and Microsoft SQL Server environment. Effort involved building data pipelines from 10 different sources of documents in the company.
SVP | Chief Technologist of Mortgages and Risk Operations2006 - 2016Neuberger Berman
Technologies: SSRS, .NET, SQL Server Management Studio
- Designed and built a custom C#/SQL Server application platform called LoanDesk, which functions as the group’s central hub for conducting all forms of its business. Served as the chief data architect throughout LoanDesk development.
- Created ETL packages for both importing data from over 30 third-party vendors and clients and exporting data to accounting firms, investors, auditors, and third-party vendors.
- Used my expert-level t-SQL knowledge and performed a detailed analysis to create ad-hoc reports for upper-level management.
- Created a monthly reporting package detailing performance and analytics related to mortgage loans; presented reports to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Functioned as the point person on a large-scale government process/data audit. Worked directly with auditors to further refine and confirm needs, created detailed complex data requests, and provided accurate, heavily-tested data.
Options Trader | Application Developer2003 - 2006Geneva Derivatives
Technologies: SQL, C++, Data Analysis, Trading Systems, Trading
- Managed and traded options from our own account on the CBOE floor in the pit that included Apple, Exxon, and Phillip Morris.
- Designed and built VBS-based models and applications used for calculating implied options data (volatilities, interest rates, dividends) which then integrated with industry-standard options market-maker system.
- Created a reporting system used by traders and management to evaluate risk and performance.
Technology Consultant1997 - 2003Accenture
Technologies: Data Analysis, SQL, C++, C
- Redesigned the process flow at a Fortune 500 company that streamlined their trading operations; also worked on the technology team that implemented the newly-designed process.
- Designed and built various prototype mobile phone websites, one of which was used by Accenture in the firm's marketing brochures.