Software Engineer2018 - 2019Craterweb
Technologies: TypeScript, React, React Context API, Jest, Enzyme, Swagger, Docker, Postman, Firebase Auth, Express.js, Couchbase
- Used TypeScript React to build a comprehensive web app using React's context API.
- Built constructive unit tests using Jest and Enzyme.
- Constructed a scalable back-end to handle client-side requests and data storage with Couchbase as well as pulling data from a Swagger graph API.
- Integrated Google Auth to sign users in and out.
- Created a state trace where an administrator would be able to go through all the users taken actions while on the platform.
Software Consultant2018 - 2019Etikfin
- Collaborated with the client to design a chatbot architecture to meet their design requirements.
- Walked the client through how to set up ManyChat with dynamic API requests.
- Used AWS Lambda functions to support dynamic information requests.
Freelance Back-end Web Developer2018 - 2018Civil Link (via Toptal)
- Architected, designed, and built a back-end infrastructure to support an already existing web app.
- Authenticated and stored basic user data with Firebase Auth.
- Added real-time data updating functionalities with Firebase Cloud Function.
- Stored important information as a document collection store via Firestore.
Freelance Web Developer2018 - 2018V.S. (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Twilio, HTML, CSS
- Built a web application for internal use using React along with a Twilio integration.
Founder | CEO2017 - 2018Sora Web Solutions
Technologies: ManyChat, WordPress, Facebook Ad Platform, React, HTML, CSS, MailChimp, Zapier, Drip
- Spearheaded digital marketing campaigns for both online and brick and mortar clients.
- Designed and built various websites like WordPress and React (from scratch) for a variety of clients ranging from eCommerce to manual labor companies.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Intuit
Technologies: Python, Java, Spring, Cassandra, Unix, Karate
- Worked as a full-time back-end engineer.
- Revamped the old data base systems into new ones.
- Contributed to changing how the release engineering cycle worked.
Advanced Technology Consultant2016 - 2017Parent Powered
Technologies: Python, Dialogflow, Natural Language Toolkit, Twilio, Flask, Google API
- Created a virtual chatroom for multiple SMS users who don't have access to each other's phone number to promote anonymous collaboration and communication; used Flask and Python.
- Developed and tested a responsive chatbot that would respond to users via SMS with intelligent responses that were trained with previous conversations; used Dialogflow.
- Case-tested the chatbot by writing Python scripts that would hit Dialogflow's endpoint and simulate a user conversation.
- Supported the chatbot SMS interactions by using Twilio's integration service with Dialogflow.
Software Engineer (Innovation and Advanced Technology Team)2016 - 2016Intuit
Technologies: Python, TensorFlow, PySpark, Apache Spark, Hive, HQL, SQL, Servers
- Worked closely with acclaimed individuals on topics such as deep learning, machine learning, and big data.
- Focused on how to use customer tax data with deep learning to improve user experience.
- Dove head-first into application development involving TensorFlow, PySpark, and Hadoop.
- Participated in a company hackathon and was ranked one of the top five teams to compete.
- Learned how to innovate in a lean way, design for delight, and present technical knowledge in multiple lab meetings to over 30 participants.
Research Assistant2015 - 2016Ryerson University
Technologies: Twitter API, Apache Spark, Scala, Java, SQL
- Worked closely with Dr. Cherie Ding and a PhD student to create a Twitter-based recommender system. I specifically focused on the gathering, storing, and the application of Twitter data.
- Created a program that pulled 3.5 million tweets from new users every day, with zero upkeep (using Scala). The data was stored in a database for later use, and it would automatically be updated as tweets were pulled in.
- Automatized the system and error-tested it to make sure the data was unique and supported.
- Geneural.net (Development)
Geneural is a self-made genetic algorithm that learns how to play 3D Tetris from scratch and master it. The results per generation are plotted and clickable for a playthrough from the best chromosome in the generation.
This algorithm was created using Python and Numpy. No additional machine learning libraries were used as the algorithm was created from scratch by me.
My team and I won third place in RUHacks, a coding competition, for this project.
I specifically designed the entire genetic algorithm, code, and concept.
- Twitter Data Mining: A Guide to Big Data Analytics Using Python (Publication)Twitter is a goldmine of data. Unlike other social platforms, almost every user’s tweets are completely public and pullable. In this tutorial, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Anthony Sistilli will be exploring how you can use Python, the Twitter API, and data mining techniques to gather useful data.
FrameworksBotEngine, Redux, CodeIgniter
Libraries/APIsNode.js, React, Firebase Web SDK, Twitter API, Twilio API, Redux-saga, Instagram API, Google APIs, Facebook API
ToolsDialogflow, ManyChat, IntelliJ IDEA, Postman, Firebase Authentication, Atom, Sublime Text 3, PyCharm, IDEA IDE
PlatformsChatfuel, Twilio, Firebase, Docker, AWS Lambda, Arduino
StorageCloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database, MySQL
OtherChatbots, Live Chat, Web Development, Web Scraping, Slate.js, Firebase Cloud Functions
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering2013 - 2017Ryerson University - Toronto, Canada