Front-end Developer2019 - 2019Alteryx
Technologies: Pytest, Enzyme, Jest, Flask, Python, Material-UI, MobX, Redux, React
- Worked primarily as a frontend React engineer writing production-ready code on a daily basis.
- Created production-ready responsive front-end components using React and a mix of state tools such as MobX and Redux.
- Wrote high coverage unit tests with tools like Jest and Enzyme, and preformed refactor on existing code to increase readability, maintainability, and efficiency.
- Worked with and reviewed code from other senior-level engineers, and helped with QAing and debugging code when needed.
- Worked on four different repositories (two dealt with front-end React code and the other two handled back-end Python work).
Software Engineer2018 - 2019[Stealth]
Technologies: Couchbase, Express.js, Auth, Firebase, Postman, Docker, Swagger, Enzyme, Jest, React, TypeScript
- Used TypeScript React to build a comprehensive web app using React's context API.
- Built constructive unit tests using Jest and Enzyme.
- Constructed a scalable back-end to handle client-side requests and data storage with Couchbase as well as pulling data from a Swagger graph API.
- Integrated Google Auth to sign users in and out.
- Created a state trace where an administrator would be able to go through all the users who've taken actions while on the platform.
Software Consultant2018 - 2019Etikfin
- Collaborated with the client to design a chatbot architecture to meet their design requirements.
- Walked the client through how to set up ManyChat with dynamic API requests.
- Used AWS Lambda functions to support dynamic information requests.
Freelance Back-end Web Developer2018 - 2018Civil Link (via Toptal)
- Architected, designed, and built a back-end infrastructure to support an already existing web app.
- Authenticated and stored basic user data with Firebase Auth.
- Added real-time data updating functionalities with Firebase Cloud Function.
- Stored important information as a document collection store via Firestore.
Freelance Web Developer2018 - 2018V.S. (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Twilio, React
- Built a web application for internal use using React along with a Twilio integration.
Founder | CEO2017 - 2018Sora Web Solutions
Technologies: Drip CRM, Zapier, Mailchimp, CSS, HTML, React, Facebook Ads, WordPress, ManyChat
- Spearheaded digital marketing campaigns for both online and brick and mortar clients.
- Designed and built various websites like WordPress and React (from scratch) for a variety of clients ranging from eCommerce to manual labor companies.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Intuit
Technologies: Karate API Testing, Unix, Cassandra, Spring, Java, Python
- Worked as a full-time back-end engineer.
- Revamped the old data base systems into new ones.
- Contributed to changing how the release engineering cycle worked.
Advanced Technology Consultant2016 - 2017Parent Powered
Technologies: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Google API, Flask, Twilio, Dialogflow, Python
- Created a virtual chatroom for multiple SMS users who don't have access to each other's phone number to promote anonymous collaboration and communication; used Flask and Python.
- Developed and tested a responsive chatbot that would respond to users via SMS with intelligent responses that were trained with previous conversations; used Dialogflow.
- Case-tested the chatbot by writing Python scripts that would hit Dialogflow's endpoint and simulate a user conversation.
- Supported the chatbot SMS interactions by using Twilio's integration service with Dialogflow.
Software Engineer (Innovation and Advanced Technology Team)2016 - 2016Intuit
Technologies: Servers, SQL, Hibernate Query Language (HQL), Apache Hive, Apache Spark, PySpark, TensorFlow, Python
- Worked closely with acclaimed individuals on topics such as deep learning, machine learning, and big data.
- Focused on how to use customer tax data with deep learning to improve user experience.
- Dove head-first into application development involving TensorFlow, PySpark, and Hadoop.
- Participated in a company hackathon and was ranked one of the top five teams to compete.
- Learned how to innovate in a lean way, design for delight, and present technical knowledge in multiple lab meetings to over 30 participants.
Research Assistant2015 - 2016Ryerson University
Technologies: SQL, Java, Scala, Apache Spark, Twitter API
- Worked closely with Dr. Cherie Ding and a PhD student to create a Twitter-based recommender system. I specifically focused on the gathering, storing, and the application of Twitter data.
- Created a program that pulled 3.5 million tweets from new users every day, with zero upkeep (using Scala). The data was stored in a database for later use, and it would automatically be updated as tweets were pulled in.
- Automatized the system and error-tested it to make sure the data was unique and supported.