Verified Expert in Engineering
Antoine has been a Linux systems administrator and a Python developer for the past 18 years. He has a wide-ranging set of skills, from VoIP to testing automation, and has worked for several big companies (Ubisoft, Facebook) and several smaller ones. Antoine loves to dive deep into the intricacies of a system in order to troubleshoot performance issues or complicated bugs.
Google Cloud, CircleCI, GitHub, Linux, Vi, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the automation of the configuration of the iPhone through the use of WebDriver and Python.
- Helped develop a tool that ensures that one of the tools that flag privacy commitment violations is working correctly.
- Wrote a replacement for a tool in order to remove a java->jni->c->python chain that was very hard to debug.
- Helped improve the process of landing AI capacity in the data centers.
- Debugged out-of-memory issues with very complex queries in Spark, changing the query order to make some joins less memory-intensive.
Trust & Safety Laboratory Inc.
- Automated the CI/CD pipeline to continuously deploy the staging environment and mark a release to be deployed in production using GitHub Actions and Amazon EKS.
- Created a tool to extract text from rotated images and submit them for analysis using Python, Amazon SQS, and S3.
- Developed Bazel rules to simplify making Docker images from code in the main repository.
Crabel Capital Management
- Refactored a Python application used for backups to be more object-oriented and added type hints.
- Added an endpoint to a web service in TypeScript to add the ability to mark a version as released in Jira when the CI/CD pipeline releases it.
- Helped migrate from on-prem Artifactory to cloud Artifactory. This required patching different tools written in Python and Bash and coordination with the teams to avoid downtime.
- Added Ansible tasks to expand the product deployment infrastructure.
- Fixed different issues with Jenkins, ranging from shell script bugs to job misconfiguration.
- Contributed to the migration from Chef 12 to Chef 14. Migrated recipes from the deprecated APIs to the new ones.
- Helped transition from manually created clusters in AWS to using autoscaling groups to deploy new clusters using spot instances for non-essential ones.
- Added the ability to spin up new environments using Terraform.
- Helped move from the Elastic stack to Datadog. Moved a metrics collection to Datadog.
- Migrated the existing Terraform workflow to an easier-to-maintain Terragrunt/Terraform workflow.
- Reworked an existing codebase for a WebSocket server architecture in order to make it infinitely scalable.
- Added scalable publish/subscribe support using Redis.
- Added a PostgreSQL Exporter in order to archive data living in Redis.
- Added Python typing to the project and added type checking to the CD infrastructure.
- Added functional tests using Bitbucket pipelines and Docker.
- Implemented asynchronous unit tests for the project.
Infrastructure Engineer and Back-end Developer
- Developed CI/CD automation using Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, and CircleCI.
- Built a Python module that allows a Django project to use different back ends to store configuration data: github.com/caravancoop/configstore.
- Migrated a Snowflake deployment of Kafka to a full infrastructure as a service deployment using Terraform and Docker.
- Worked on the automation of the setup and maintenance of thousands of phones to run tests on the Facebook family of apps: techcrunch.com/2016/07/13/facebook-lifts-the-veil-on-its-mobile-device-lab/.
- Rewrote the Python software stack that allowed us to monitor the state of the phones in the data center.
- Added automation using Python to turn up mobile device racks.
- Created a tool that allowed scripting the configuration of iPhones using WebDriver and Python.
- Helped automate the management of a fleet of more than 2,000 Mac minis using Chef.
- Acted as the team lead for the mobile lab: led a team of three other engineers working on the mobile lab, providing guidance, code review, and setting priorities.
Caravan Web Worker Coopérative
- Developed an API to federate three other APIs into one using Django, Django REST framework, Memcached, and Google Cloud.
- Managed two other developers working on the same federated API project.
- Developed data ingestion scripts in Python that allowed importing old data into the customer's CRM.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Helped create the company's highly available VoIP platform.
- Implemented Puppet configuration management. Used Puppet to manage the configuration of around ten servers.
- Created a tool to automate the provisioning of customer-premise equipment using Python.
- Implemented monitoring using Zabbix. Used Zabbix to monitor around ten servers.
- Implemented a high-availability MySQL platform using MySQL and Pacemaker. The platform serves more than 300,000 concurrent users.
- Helped implement the company-wide Zabbix deployment.
- Was on call for the whole MySQL deployment serving online games.
- Helped create and operate a hosted VoIP service. This involved designing, implementing, and scaling the Asterisk infrastructure supporting the service.
- Created a tool to provision new phones using Python and MySQL. This tool would use customer data to generate the provisioning files for any phone and serve it over HTTP.
- Helped in the customer support rotation. This involved answering customer requests and troubleshooting problems over the phone or through our ticketing system.
- Set up new customers' equipment. This would involve going to a customer's location and installing network equipment and phones.
- Made the VoIP setup highly available by sharing the data needed by each server using GlusterFS and MySQL.
- Used BGP and route engineering to make the internet connectivity at the datacenter fully redundant.
- Led a team of five people responsible for operations, infrastructure, and support. Helped define the infrastructure and made sure it was implemented correctly. Helped the support team with higher-level cases.
Savoir faire Linux
- Supported customers on the phone with various problems related to the operation of their servers.
- Helped customers scale their web infrastructure to support their load.
- Created a small distribution for thin workstation clients.
- Created an automated installer to bring up the developer workstations for SAGEM.
- Figured out how to automate joining the active directory domain for the workstations.
- Automated a developer environment setup for the workstations on the first login.
- Automated server installation and configuration by writing a Perl application.
- Created custom solutions for customers: mail servers, filtering proxies, web servers, etc.
- Supported customers on the phone to help solve problems with their servers.
Contributed to the Linux Kernelhttps://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?h=v4.19-rc2&id=e3cb78c772de593afa720687ce3abbed8d93b0c3
Added Support for IT8688 to Open Hardware Monitorhttps://github.com/openhardwaremonitor/openhardwaremonitor/pull/1157
Mobile Device Lab at the Prineville Data Centerhttps://code.fb.com/android/the-mobile-device-lab-at-the-prineville-data-center/
Unreal Engine Pluginhttps://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/38b887ee46ef471ebdb93d8cfb2ad96a
Django, Django REST Framework, Flask, Unreal Engine 4, Angular, OpenSIPs, Unreal Engine, Apache Spark, SmartStack
Python Asyncio, Jenkins Pipeline, REST APIs, Terragrunt, Asyncio, Node.js, OpenLDAP, GitHub API, Jira REST API, Windows API
Terraform, NGINX, Apache, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Google Stackdriver, Docker Swarm, CircleCI, Android Studio, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, Apache ZooKeeper, AWS CLI, AWS SDK, GitHub, Pacemaker, Zabbix, Apache Tomcat, Postfix, Exim4, Tomato, Bitbucket, AWS IAM, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon EKS, Bazel, Visual Studio, JetBrains
DevOps, Mobile Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Samba
Kubernetes, Docker, Android, Linux, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ubuntu, iOS, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spinnaker, Percona, CentOS, JBoss, Debian Linux, Debian, AWS ALB, AWS NLB, Amazon EC2, Apache Kafka, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis, GlusterFS, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Data Pipelines, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Vi, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Mobile App Development, DevOps Engineer, GitHub Actions, SSL Certificates, Web Applications, Linux Server Administration, CI/CD Pipelines, HTTP, Autoscaling, WebSockets, SSL Configurations, Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI), Cisco, Dovecot, Installation, Kerberos, VoIP, SIP, Networking, Business, System Administration, Reverse Engineering, Unreal Engine 5
Engineering Degree in Telecommunications and Networks
TELECOM Lille - Lille, France
Two-year Degree in Telecommunications and Networks
Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Béthune - Bethune, France