Python Developer2018 - 2018Obkio
Technologies: Python3, Asyncio, Websocket, Redis, PostgreSQL, Docker, Bitbucket
- Reworked an existing codebase for a WebSocket server architecture in order to make it infinitely scalable.
- Added scalable pub/sub support using Redis.
- Added a PostgreSQL exporter in order to archive data living in Redis.
- Added Python typing to the project and added type checking to the CD infrastructure.
- Added functional tests using Bitbucket pipelines and docker.
- Implemented async unit tests for the project.
Infrastructure Engineer/Back-end Developer2017 - 2018Caravan
Technologies: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Python, Django, Flask, Angular, Node.js, AWS, Terraform, Zookeeper, Kafka
- Developed CI/CD automation using Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, and CircleCI.
- Developed a Python module that allows a Django project to use different backends to store configuration data (https://github.com/caravancoop/configstore).
- Migrated a 'snowflake' deployment of Kafka to a full infrastructure as a service deployment using Terraform and Docker.
Production Engineer2015 - 2017
Technologies: Python, Asyncio, Chef, Centos, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Worked on the automation of the setup and maintenance of thousands of phones to run tests on the Facebook family of apps. (see https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/13/facebook-lifts-the-veil-on-its-mobile-device-lab/).
- Re-wrote the Python software stack that allowed us to monitor the state of the phones in the datacenter.
- Added automation to turn up mobile device racks (Python).
- Created a tool that allowed to script the configuration of iPhones using WebDriver and Python.
- Helped automate the management of a fleet of more than 2000 Mac minis (using chef).
Python Developer2014 - 2015Caravan
Technologies: Python, Django, Flask, Django Rest Framework, Google Cloud Platrform, CloudSQL, Memcache
- Developed an API to federate three other APIs into one using Django, Django rest framework, Memcache, and Google Cloud.
Linux Systems Administrator2013 - 2013Fribrenoire
Technologies: Freeswitch, Opensips, Cisco gateways, Lua, Python
- Helped create their highly available VOIP platform.
- Implemented puppet configuration management.
- Created a tool to automate provisioning of the customer premise equipments using Python.
- Implement monitoring using Zabbix.
Unix/Linux Administrator2012 - 2013Ubisoft
Technologies: MySQL, Pacemaker, Percona, Zabbix
- Implemented a high availability Mysql platform using MySQL and Pacemaker serving more than 300,000 concurrent users.
- Helped implement the company-wide Zabbix deployment.
Technology Director2008 - 2012Ubity
Technologies: Asterisk, VOIP, Tomato (router software), SIP, GlusterFS, MySQL, Python
- Helped create and operate a hosted VOIP service.
- Created a tool to provision new phones using Python and MySQL.
- Supported customers.
- Installed new customers.
- Made the VOIP setup high availability by using GlusterFS and Mysql.
- Made the networking redundant by setting up BGP.
Free Software Consultant2007 - 2007Savoir faire Linux
Technologies: Tomcat, Jboss, Apache, Samba, Postfix, Exim
- Supported customers on the phone for various problems related to the operation of their servers.
- Helped customers scale their web infrastructure to support their load.
System Administrator2007 - 2007Linagora
Technologies: FAI (Fully Automatic Installation), Debian, Kerberos, Samba, OpenLDAP
- Created an automated installer to bring up the developer workstations for SAGEM.
Engineer2004 - 2007Capensis
Technologies: Debian Linux, Perl, Python, Postfix, Apache, Dovecat, Samba, OpenLDAP
- Automated server installation and configuration by writing a Perl application.
- Created custom solutions for customers (mail servers, filtering proxies, web servers, etc).