Lead PHP/React.js Web Developer2018 - 2019XZERES
Technologies: Docker, Webpack, PHP, PostgreSQL, React, HTTP API, Bootstrap.js, Weblate, Git
- Developed a wind turbine management website automating business processes and interaction between turbine owners, landlords, technicians, helpdesk team and XZERES staff. Developed a proprietary framework for this project.
- Built dashboards displaying gauges with live turbine data and statistics, e.g., current wind direction, total energy produced, outages, etc.
- Created an API to make it possible for other teams to integrate third-party tools and applications with the XZERES system.
- Implemented user and turbine registration forms and a corresponding back-end for administrators to review applications.
- Developed, installed, and maintained Docker containers for development and production environments.
- Internationalized and localized the XZERES web application with using i18next and GETTEXT. Installed and integrated Weblate to ease translator collaboration.
- Integrated ReactPHP, a low-level library for event-driven programming in PHP, to schedule and run background tasks that fetch and store data from hundreds of wind turbines located in Japan and other countries.
Senior Web Developer2014 - 2018Veer West, LLC (as FormAssembly)
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, React, jQuery, Regular Expressions, OOP, Functional Programming, Docker, Microservices, PHPUnit, Behat/Gherkin
- Integrated FormAssembly with Stripe, Chargent, iATS, and eWay payment gateway APIs.
- Built graphs and charts to visualize statistics for 100k+ form submissions (used Plotly charts library).
- Developed a plugin for TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor that highlights and validates the syntax of Excel formulas. These formulas are entered by form owners to control the transformation of data and its submission to third-party services for further processing.
- Coded an internal client scoring system based on client activity, billing information, content in the forms they create, and other factors.
- Developed React components for date Range inputs and filters in response reports.
- Developed a React-based framework that allowed to unify user interface experience in connectors. Connectors are modules that allow clients to connect their online forms with third-party services for additional data processing: Salesforce, Stripe, MacilChimp, and any others that have an API.
- Sped up archiving and exporting of thousands of files attached to form responses: from 10+ minutes down to a few seconds.
- Fixed Salesforce integration issues and upgraded it to use the latest version of Salesforce API.
- Developed unit tests using PHPUnit and Behat/Gherkin. Wrote scenarios for QA engineers.
- Helped the DevOps team to move the developer environment from Vagrant to Docker.
- Regularly reviewed PHP and JS code of other developers to improve its quality and help the product team to follow best practices.
- Translated the application interface to Russian and Ukrainian languages.
- Helped the support team write comprehensive documentation for the new and upgraded functionality.
Lead PHP Web Developer2012 - 2013NotarZvit
- Designed database schema and architected a SaaS for NotarZvit, an online service for Ukrainian notaries that simplifies 1) bookkeeping and 2) maintaining registries of notary acts.
- Developed a PDF generation module for notaries to build reports and submit the reports to the Department of Justice in Ukraine.
- Integrated the website with the MailChimp mailing list and configured the latter to run mailing campaigns as by the client specification.
- Configured a web server for the client by installing LAMP stack on Ubuntu; deployed and regularly updated the application.
PHP Web Developer2007 - 2012ProfitProtector Limited (UK)
- Developed analytics and monitoring tools for ClickBank affiliates. The company had been selling the tools as a SaaS product. The development included architecting database schema, adapting CodeIgniter PHP framework, integrating with ClickBank API and Alexa API, web scraping, and building graphs and charts.
- Developed a sports betting automation tool (employed C# and integrated with Betfair API).
- Developed an online company registration service. This includes integrating with the government company registration API, generating PDFs, and developing the website for this SaaS tool. I also had to develop plenty of forms of various complexity, so that all the information needed for company registration is collected from the user. This application automated all business processes from application to incorporating a company via API to submitting notifications to both clients and the government organization.
Software Developer2005 - 2006Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture
Technologies: Delphi, VCL, XML, PDF, Win32 Applications, Student Exam Software
- Developed "Student Exam" software for the university. Used Delphi and VCL components, and XML to save tests. It was used by one faculty member to automate the theoretical part of exams, i.e., quizzes.
- Generated PDF reports for both students and examiners.