- Freelance Web DeveloperPrivate Client2013 - PRESENT
- Converted existing HTML templates to a responsive and mobile-first design.
- Revised the user interface so that portions of pages are updated dynamically when possible instead of refreshing the entire page on every action.
- Internationalized the application by developing a language and phrase management system.
- Optimized the existing code so that it runs more quickly and consumes fewer resources.
- Performed migration from a traditional to a cloud based environment.
- Implemented a multi-server backup configuration that automates backups and brings them all to one place.
- Used Git to manage the versioning of code.
- Developed a system of shell scripts for automated deployment of proper Git branches to target environments.
- Senior Web DeveloperPR Worldwide, Inc.2012 - 2013
- Assisted in the development of a new generation press release distribution system.
- Developed integrations with various partner services.
- Assisted in eliminating bugs and security holes in the existing application.
- Maintained the servers and implemented an automated multi-server backup solution.
- Implemented cron jobs with an automated locking mechanism that prevents data corruption.
- Used Subversion to manage the versioning of code.
- Interviewed and evaluated potential candidates for additional developer positions.
- Web DeveloperNational Reading Styles Institute2010 - 2012
- Implemented a web based learning management system that aims to improve student literacy levels.
- Followed written specifications to implement an algorithm that automatically manages student progress through the program.
- Developed graphical reports that present student progress statistics to teachers.
- Implemented role- and permission-based administrative features.
- Worked as a junior developer, as a team lead, and as the only developer at different times during the project.
- Eventually became responsible for all aspects of the platform’s development, as well as the management of underlying hosting services.
- Freelance Web DeveloperVarious Private Clients2003 - 2010
- Developed a content management system for creative writing. This system included a self-publication mechanism with articles, comments, ratings, reviews, and an administrative interface. Integrated it with an existing bulletin board engine, and developed a variety of custom plugins for it.
- Built a content management system for culinary recipes. This system included a self-publication mechanism with recipes, comments, ratings, articles, and an administrative interface. Integrated it with an existing bulletin board engine, and developed a variety of custom plugins for it.
- Created a guestbook with an administrative interface for an otherwise static homepage.
- Wrote a stock symbol tracker plugin for an existing bulletin board engine.
- Programmed a mini content management system for administering a person's homepage.
- Developed other projects of varying sizes and complexities for private clients.