Verified Expert in Engineering
Anton is a professional software engineer with passion for developing clean and efficient code. He has proven ability to deliver complex projects using a variety of platforms. He is dedicated to being up to date with regards to industry knowledge and technical skills. His attention to detail brings high quality to all his work.
Git, Notepad++, Windows 7
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was an algorithm that allows for processing of conditional directives and loops in static templates.
Freelance Web Developer
- Converted existing HTML templates to a responsive and mobile-first design.
- Revised the user interface so that portions of pages are updated dynamically when possible instead of refreshing the entire page on every action.
- Internationalized the application by developing a language and phrase management system.
- Optimized the existing code so that it runs more quickly and consumes fewer resources.
- Performed migration from a traditional to a cloud based environment.
- Implemented a multi-server backup configuration that automates backups and brings them all to one place.
- Used Git to manage the versioning of code.
- Developed a system of shell scripts for automated deployment of proper Git branches to target environments.
Senior Web Developer
PR Worldwide, Inc.
- Assisted in the development of a new generation press release distribution system.
- Developed integrations with various partner services.
- Assisted in eliminating bugs and security holes in the existing application.
- Maintained the servers and implemented an automated multi-server backup solution.
- Implemented cron jobs with an automated locking mechanism that prevents data corruption.
- Used Subversion to manage the versioning of code.
- Interviewed and evaluated potential candidates for additional developer positions.
National Reading Styles Institute
- Implemented a web based learning management system that aims to improve student literacy levels.
- Followed written specifications to implement an algorithm that automatically manages student progress through the program.
- Developed graphical reports that present student progress statistics to teachers.
- Implemented role- and permission-based administrative features.
- Worked as a junior developer, as a team lead, and as the only developer at different times during the project.
- Eventually became responsible for all aspects of the platform’s development, as well as the management of underlying hosting services.
Freelance Web Developer
Various Private Clients
- Developed a content management system for creative writing. This system included a self-publication mechanism with articles, comments, ratings, reviews, and an administrative interface. Integrated it with an existing bulletin board engine, and developed a variety of custom plugins for it.
- Built a content management system for culinary recipes. This system included a self-publication mechanism with recipes, comments, ratings, articles, and an administrative interface. Integrated it with an existing bulletin board engine, and developed a variety of custom plugins for it.
- Created a guestbook with an administrative interface for an otherwise static homepage.
- Wrote a stock symbol tracker plugin for an existing bulletin board engine.
- Programmed a mini content management system for administering a person's homepage.
- Developed other projects of varying sizes and complexities for private clients.
PHP Convert DB Class (2014)
XML HTML Parser Class (2006)
PHP Time Management Library (2005)
Bootstrap, Laravel, Smarty, AngularJS, PHPUnit, Yii, Laravel 5
REST APIs, jQuery, Google Chart API, Node.js, Laravel Elixir, SendGrid API, Twitter API, jQuery UI, Mustache
TortoiseSVN, apiDoc, Adminer, PhpMyAdmin, SourceTree, Firebug, Subversion (SVN), Git, Trello, Notepad++, Composer, Bower, Postman, Eclipse IDE, Postfix, Sendmail, Gulp, Vim Text Editor, phpDocumentor
RESTful Development, Database Design, Design Patterns, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Refactoring, Functional Testing, Unit Testing
LAMP, Rackspace, Windows 7, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Traditional Servers, Linux, Mailgun
Database Administration (DBA), JSON, MySQL, FlatFile, Database Transactions, SQLite
Data Migration, SMTP, SSH, FTP, SSL, Ajax, HTTP, Search & Replace, Internationalization, Query Optimization, Documentation, Writing & Editing, Linux Server Configuration, POP3, IMAP, Dovecot, PHPDoc, Minification, Obfuscation, Data-level Security, Caching
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, New York, United States