Verified Expert in Engineering
Antonio is a full-stack developer with project management experience. He has delivered robust, high-use apps that work seamlessly across devices focused on social media, design, IT, web, and mobile. Antonio has particular expertise in Node.js, React, and React Native. He has a solid understanding of what it takes to create a successful app, run a team, and ensure a successful deployment.
MongoDB Atlas, MySQL Workbench, Xcode, WebStorm, Jira, Slack, Bitbucket, Zeplin, Figma, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Full-stack, Slack App
The most amazing...
...project I've done is Introducely: I ran the discovery phase, built the whole API back end, joined the front-end team, and hit the market by deploying on AWS.
Full-stack Developer and Solution Architect
- Migrated the old UI React pages to a new single-page application built with Material-UI (MUI). Implementing Material-UI components, styles, and themes to create a cohesive and modern design system.
- Added and migrated old endpoints to a new RESTful API with Express.js.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by managing a junior developer. Effectively assigned tasks, provided guidance and support, and conducted code reviews to ensure high-quality code standards and maintain consistency throughout the project.
Senior React Developer and Team Lead
West Roots LLC (Maptive)
- Joined as a senior and lead developer on a growing project for their 5th version.
- Acquired the requirements, managed a team of junior and mid developers through Asana, and performed code review to develop a critical feature for the software (grouping multiple maps in a single layer).
- Developed the front-end integration of the software in React with third-party APIs for the AI-powered automatic generation of territories within a specific map.
React and React Native Developer
- Developed the launch club React Native app from scratch, starting with Figma designs.
- Implemented the CodePush technology for iOS and Android platforms, with support for staging and production environments.
- Implemented Fastlane to enable continuous deployment tasks: build, deployment of the native build, and the release of the CodePush bundle.
- Used Redux and Redux-Saga to manage the complex async operations flow.
- Set up the App Store and Play Store app environments with the apps' data and configuration.
- Created a React SPA from scratch to manage orders, shipments, SKUs, and more in a multi-tenant and authenticated system.
Senior Front-end and UI Engineer
Sublime Security Inc
- Joined a team of experienced React developers for a startup based on a secure email system.
- Learned the tech stack quickly, filling gaps in some unused technologies like the Chakra UI library in a few days.
- Achieved the main goals of improving and augmenting the filterable message list view (the core of the system) and the desktop/mobile navigation menu in a few weeks.
Senior Back-end and Lead Developer
- Ran a discovery for a new innovative Toptal project.
- Created two GitHub repositories for the front and back end connected to CircleCI, Jira, AWS S3, Amazon CloudFront, API Gateway, Lambda functions, Cognito, and more.
- Developed and architectured all the RESTful back-end APIs with Node.js and TypeScript with more than 200 unit tests integrated with CD and CI.
- Integrated PWA capabilities to the front end with the web notifications service included.
- Integrated third-party libraries and technologies like Stripe, ConvertKit, and Pushpad.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Developed the front end (React, Redux) and back end (Node.js, Hapi.js) and deployed Eduscopio.it—the leading Italian platform for ranking high schools with an average of over 4,000 users online at once.
- Created an open-source framework to easily create, develop, and deploy Serverless.com projects called Restlessness (github.com/getapper/restlessness).
- Managed and led groups of up to eight people with expertise in UX analysis and back-end (Node.js, Hapi.js, and serverless), front-end (React, Next.js, Gatsby, and React Native), and DevOps skills (mainly with AWS).
- Launched the QuARcore Sass system to enhance eCommerce sites with augmented reality capabilities. The first agreement was closed with Paratissima.it in October 2019.
- Constructed the front end (React, Redux) and back end (Node.js, Hapi.js) and deployed Ripit.it, a platform created by Fondazione Agnelli to practice and learn English pronunciation for primary and secondary schools.
- Developed the front end (React, Redux) and back end (Node.js, Restlessness) and deployed spazioallascuola.it, a platform created by Fondazione Agnelli to help Italian secondary schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Built the front end (React, Redux) and back end (Node.js, Restlessness) and deployed ecommerce.pangeacloud.it, a platform created by GeneGIS GI for environmental monitoring and construction lifecycle.
React Native Developer
New York-based Fintech Startup
- Installed and configured CodePush on the existing app for iOS and Android versions.
- Improved the Fastlane configuration with specific CodePush lanes for iOS and Android versions.
Co-founder and CTO
- Co-founded and technology-led a San Francisco-based innovative startup whose main goal was to provide remote assistance with video stream technology.
- Created an app that could connect with a person on the field, see what they see, send commands, directions, and guide the user in completing the task, as well as solve problems from your office.
- Developed a patent on an innovative AR solution, with a set of icons superimposed on the streaming video. WebRTC technology has been used to create communications between a React Native app (iOS and Android) and desktop browsers.
- Built two mobile apps—one for professionals and one for the B2B market, each with a specific user experience and features. The one for professionals included availability and booking through a calendar system and PayPal in-app payments.
Eduscopio: A School Ranking Platformhttps://eduscopio.it/
From the back-end point of view, I used two DBMS and MySQL to read the website's structured information and MongoDB to write in real-time through WebSockets user statistics and usage logs. I used Hapi.js as a server framework with a REST API design. I integrated Twitter SDK to show the latest tweets from Fondazione Agnelli on the homepage, a simple CMS to create an internal blog section, and a PDF generator.
For the front end, I used a custom React single-page application. I developed two different versions, one optimized for mobile and the other for desktop. I also developed an animation system to create a helpful and friendly user journey. I integrated Google Maps API, geolocation, a WebSocket system to track user interactions, chart animations, dynamic list sorting, and a custom product tour system as a tutorial.
Pangea Professional SaaShttps://ecommerce.pangeacloud.it/
Thanks to this SaaS platform, professionals could buy subscriptions to use Pangea Cloud software directly in their web browsers.
QuARcore eCommerce Solution
The platform includes an institutional website, an AWS SasS platform, and a React Native mobile app.
I developed and deployed a large portion of the project and managed a team of four.
Welfare Informa Platform
The platform's goal was to build a dynamic catalog of measures to combat poverty based on a database that helps operators in all front offices easily understand and access the map of different services. I followed the entire flow of the platform by managing a team of four people, from the UX and UI analysis to the development of the back-end logic, front-end interfaces, and deployment on AWS systems.
I am the co-founder and lead developer of this app. I oversaw the development of the REST API server and the mobile app in React Native.
Spazio alla Scuola
Conceived by the Agnelli Foundation with the BIM Group of the Politecnico di Milano and the University of Turin, the tool provides school managers and their collaborators' concrete support to check the school spaces' capacity and plan staggered flows of classes at the entrance and exit.
I worked both on the front- and back-end sides, combining AWS serverless with React SPA capabilities.
Maptive – Version 5https://www.maptive.com/
I brought in new features for version 5 and managed the development process with three other lead and junior developers. I assigned them tasks on the Asana PM tool, reviewed their code, and participated in weekly meetings with the founders and the other lead developers.
Beautylish Launch Clubhttps://www.beautylish.com/launch-club
The platform was developed entirely with Next.js. It takes advantage of almost all rendering technologies, from SSR for search pages via query parameters and news to SSG for static pages such as the about page, the cookies and privacy page, and two special sections rendered on the client side: one for the CMS admin side and one for the internal orientation game called OrientaGame. These two sections are two SPAs within the project in Next.
1. A server-side rendering system based on an internal CMS engine built with MUI, React Router, Redux, and Redux-Saga.
2. Pages that are fully rendered and used as single-page applications (SPA) that compose the admin CMS panel.
3. End-to-end services to retrieve Coop's customers and physical shops' locations.
The project uses MongoDB as a DBMS, several endpoints and models for reading data, and some scripts that convert data from some CSV files into Mongo collections, as well as a complete CMS to build almost all front-end pages. It was deployed on AWS with Amplify Hosting and uses S3 buckets for assets, CloudFront as CDN, and Route53 for DNS and domain management.
MUI (Material UI), React Native, Redux, Hapi.js, Serverless Framework, Next.js, MUI CSS, Swagger, Tailwind CSS, Unity, ARKit, Jest, Express.js
Node.js, React, React Redux, REST APIs, Highcharts, WebRTC, Redux-Saga, Stripe, Stripe API, Stripe Connect, Stripe Connect API, LinkedIn API, Braintree API, Web3.js, React Router, Three.js, Twitter API, AWS Amplify
Requirements Analysis, Automated Testing, Functional Programming, Scrum, Microservices, Serverless Architecture, REST, Web Architecture, E2E Testing, Unit Testing, Socket Programming, HTML DOM, CQRS
Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Contentful, Mobile, AWS Cloud Computing Services, Android, iOS, ARCore, ConvertKit, Docker, Blockchain, Ethereum, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MongoDB, Databases, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Amazon API Gateway, Sagas, Dashboard Development, APIs, Data Visualization, Front-end, Back-end, Mobile Apps, Technical Leadership, Architecture, Web Development, Full-stack, Software Engineering, Dashboards, Web Dashboards, User Interface (UI), CI/CD Pipelines, Collaboration, Design Systems, Cloud, Mobile App Development, User Experience (UX), Slack App, API Integration, Full-stack Development, Solution Architecture, Milestones, IT Project Management, Charts, Strapi, AWS Cloud Architecture, Push Notifications, Chakra UI, Payment APIs, Single Sign-on (SSO), WebSockets, CRDT, Headless Software, Payment Gateways, Web3, CSS3 Animation, ChatGPT, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Storybook, Marketplaces, Gatsby, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), 3D Modeling, 3D Motion Graphics, Robotics, Mobile Applications, Algorithms, Graphs, CodePush, Serverless, PWA, BrainTree, PayPal, Computer Engineering, Code Review, Source Code Review, Admin Panels, Swag, Google Tag Manager, Augmented Reality (AR), Data Scraping, Technical Project Monitoring, Team Leadership, 3D, Front-end Development, Teams, Bots, SEO Tools, Cookies, Smart Contracts, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Analytics, Waterfall Methodology
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Politecnico di Torio - Turin, Italy
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Politecnico di Torino - Turin, Italy
AWS Modern Application Development
Amazon Web Services