Lead Software Engineer2019 - 2020Quinn
Technologies: PostgreSQL, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led the development of a payment, tipping, and vendor management system for an audio sharing platform using Ruby on Rails (RoR) and React.
- Migrated and scaled the entire infrastructure from DigitalOcean to Heroku.
- Implemented coding best practices and guidelines into both the front-end React application and the Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Refactored the data modeling at the application and database level.
Head of Engineering2015 - 2019Flippa
- Shaped the business by participating in hiring, C-level meetings, business intelligence analytics, and reporting as well as lead the engineering and product team using Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Developed and maintained the core Ruby on Rails (RoR) marketplace, React front-end, and AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented an event system with RabbitMQ to support interfacing the core RoR application efficiently with multiple external services (SOA).
- Developed and maintained advanced search features using Elasticsearch.
- Constructed a high-traffic name server for domain parking pages using Elixir.
- Implemented funnel and conversion tracking with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Washos
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Delivered a back-office interface for contractors of one of the first on-demand car-wash companies in the US.
- Implemented significant application and database optimization to improve the overall performance of the platform.
- Trained the engineering team on tooling, processes and best practices around web and database performance and performance regression testing.
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor)2015 - 2015Mobile Network
Technologies: Apple, Heroku, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Designed, implemented, and delivered a business-critical platform for Apple device enrollment for a mobile device management (MDM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) company.
- Implemented a search and bulk action interface that allowed tasks that would typically take a few days to be executed in a few minutes.
- Migrated the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud with the addition of a full test suite and a CI/CD pipeline, allowing for a drastically improved development experience and ease of maintainability.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Quanta
Technologies: Sidekiq, Redis, MySQL, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created the first proof of concept (POC) and minimum viable product (MVP) of the web performance monitoring platform for eCommerce websites.
- Developed and maintained the core SaaS solution with Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Constructed a Google Analytics poller service to capture business intelligence (BI) data at regular intervals.
- Built a Zabbix poller service to capture host performance data at regular intervals.
- Developed a Magento poller service to capture application performance data at regular intervals.