Online Payments Developer
Arnaud has a proven track record of managing engineering teams and building scalable web applications in fast-paced environments. His experience ranges from building high-end web performance analytics platforms to being the head of engineering of a successful online marketplace. He has recently led a two-year project to design and build a payment platform handling millions in transactions for one of the largest micro-mobility operators globally.
ExperienceMySQL - 8 yearsWeb Architecture - 7 yearsAgile Software Development - 7 yearsRuby on Rails (RoR) - 7 yearsOnline Payments - 4 yearsLeadership - 2 yearsSolidity - 1 yearBlockchain - 1 year
Git, Vim Text Editor, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've led is a payment platform handling millions in transactions for one of the largest micro-mobility operators globally.
Staff Software Engineer
- Led the payment service team and supervised the design and implementation of a new payment service capable of supporting multiple payment providers side by side and handling payments across multiple merchants.
- Migrated the main application from Stripe to Adyen payments.
- Designed and implemented payments through the PayPal platform.
Lead Software Engineer
- Led the development of a payment, tipping, and vendor management system for an audio sharing platform using Ruby on Rails (RoR) and React.
- Migrated and scaled the entire infrastructure from DigitalOcean to Heroku.
- Implemented coding best practices and guidelines into the front-end React application and the Ruby on Rails codebase.
- Refactored the data modeling at the application and database level.
Head of Engineering
- Shaped the business by participating in hiring, C-level meetings, business intelligence analytics, and reporting and leading the engineering and product team using Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Developed and maintained the core Ruby on Rails (RoR) marketplace, React front-end, and the AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented an event system with RabbitMQ to support interfacing the core Ruby on Rails application efficiently with multiple external services (SOA).
- Built and maintained advanced search features using Elasticsearch.
- Constructed a high-traffic name server for domain parking pages using Elixir.
- Implemented the funnel and conversion tracking with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Senior Software Engineer
- Delivered a back-office interface for contractors of one of the first on-demand car-wash companies in the US.
- Implemented significant application and database optimization to improve the overall performance of the platform.
- Trained the engineering team on tooling, processes and best practices around web and database performance and performance regression testing.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed, implemented, and delivered a business-critical platform for Apple device enrollment for a mobile device management (MDM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) company.
- Implemented a search and bulk action interface that allowed tasks that would typically take a few days to be executed in a few minutes.
- Migrated the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud with the addition of a full test suite and a CI/CD pipeline, allowing for a drastically improved development experience and ease of maintainability.
- Created the first proof of concept (POC) and minimum viable product (MVP) of the web performance monitoring platform for eCommerce websites.
- Developed and maintained the core SaaS solution with Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Constructed a Google Analytics poller service to capture business intelligence (BI) data at regular intervals.
- Built a Zabbix poller service to capture host performance data at regular intervals.
- Developed a Magento poller service to capture application performance data at regular intervals.
Payment Service for Micro-mobility Operator
Washos | On-demand Mobile Car Washhttps://www.washos.com/
“Arnaud is a fast learner. He jumped in a massive Rails codebase at @washos and has immediately been involved in critical customer-facing features. His capacity to handle production apps with professionalism and tons of best practices impressed us. I would hire Arnaud without any question, from back end to front end with even knowledge in iOS, he's the full-stack engineer we all want in our teams."
Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS
Sidekiq, React, Google Analytics API, Stripe
Git, Adyen Payments, RSpec, RabbitMQ, Google Analytics, Vim Text Editor
Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Web Architecture, API Architecture
Heroku, Mixpanel, Amazon EC2, MacOS, Docker, Apple, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Algolia, Blockchain, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Databases, Redis, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Business Strategy, Leadership, Computer Science, Stripe Payments, Online Payments, Web Development, Solution Architecture, Google Tag Manager, Architecture, Jumio, English, PayPal
Master's Degree in Computer Science
EPITECH (Ecole pour l'Informatique et les nouvelles Technologies) - Paris, France
Diploma in Intensive English
California State University, Long Beach - Long Beach, CA, USA