Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
- Led the development of a payment, tipping and vendor management system for an audio sharing platform using Ruby on Rails and React.
- Migrated an entire infrastructure for an audio-sharing platform from Digital Ocean to Heroku.
- Implemented conversion tracking using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for a high-traffic eCommerce website in the nutrition-and-supplements industry.
Head of Engineering2015 - 2019Flippa
- Actively shaped the business by participating in hiring, C-level meetings, business intelligence analytics, and reporting as well as lead the engineering and product team using lean and agile methodologies.
- Developed and maintained the core Ruby on Rails marketplace, React front end, and AWS infrastructure.
- Implemented an eventing system with RabbitMQ to support interfacing the core Ruby on Rails application efficiently with multiple external services (service-oriented architecture).
- Developed and maintained advanced search features using Elasticsearch.
- Constructed a high-traffic name server for domain parking pages using Elixir.
- Implemented funnel and conversion tracking with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2015Washos
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Delivered a back-office interface for contractors of one of the first on-demand car-wash company in the US.
- Implemented significant application and database optimization to improve the overall performance of the platform.
- Trained the engineering team on tooling, processes and best practices around web and database performance and performance regression testing.
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor)2015 - 2015Mobile Network
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Apple Device Enrolment Program
- Designed, implemented, and delivered a business-critical platform for Apple device enrollment for a mobile device management (MDM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) company. The software was delivered at extreme speed due to exceptional circumstances, which allowed the business to provide an exclusive service at speed and stay on top of their competitors.
- Implemented a search and bulk action interface that allowed tasks that would typically take a few days to be executed in a few minutes.
- Migrated the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud with the addition of a full test suite and a CI/CD pipeline, allowing for a drastically improved development experience and ease of maintainability.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Quanta
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, MySQL, Redis, Sidekiq
- Created the first proof of concept and MVP of the web performance monitoring platform for eCommerce websites.
- Developed and maintained the core SaaS solution with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, and AngularJS.
- Constructed a Google Analytics poller service to capture business intelligence data at regular intervals.
- Built a Zabbix poller service to capture host performance data at regular intervals.
- Developed a Magento poller service to capture application performance data at regular intervals.