Azure Data Warehouse Architect2021 - PRESENTAmerican Associated Pharmacies
Technologies: Data Modeling, Azure SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Factory, ER/Studio Data Architecture, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Visualization, Data Loading, Database Design, Database Schema Design, Reporting, Integration, Data Analytics, Technical Leadership, Distributed Systems, Cloud, Data Engineering, Master Data Management (MDM), MDM, Data Structures, ETL, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and developed Azure data warehouse using Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory and Power BI to product sales and profitability analysis, and customer-facing reports embedded on the RXAAP website.
- Created relational data models using IDERA ER/Studio; deployed data models to physical Azure SQL databases.
- Developed ETL to load the data warehouse tables, using Azure Data Factory.
- Created sales and rebate reports, embedded in the RXAAP website, using Power BI.
Technical Due Diligence Architect (Contractor)2020 - PRESENTCrosslake Technologies
Technologies: Executive Presentations, Technical Reports, Machine Learning, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Organization, IT Infrastructure, IT Operations, Software Architecture, Due Diligence, SQL, Cloud, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server
- Conducted technical due diligence examinations for investors and VC companies who were acquiring software companies. Examined documentation, evaluated architecture, conducted interviews to discover overall technical health.
- Evaluated a software company that operates a SaaS application for the home services industry, recommending cloud architecture changes and development organization changes to enhance application testing and high-quality delivery.
- Evaluated a software company that operates a SaaS application for health and lifestyle optimization. Recommended cloud architecture changes and staffing changes to accelerate their results in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
MDM Data Architect2022 - 2022Lio Insurance
Technologies: Profisee, Snowflake, Matillion ETL for Redshift, SQL Server 2015, Master Data
- Implemented the Customer master subject area in Profisee.
- Designed data load specifications based on requirements.
- Extracted Snowflake source data for Profisee loads.
- Attained strong customer feedback for team leadership and problem-solving.
Cloud Data Architect (Contractor)2020 - 2020McKnight Consulting Group
Technologies: Synapse, BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, Actian, Azure Synapse, SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Loading, Cloud, Data Engineering, Microsoft SQL Server
- Created big data benchmark comparisons of cloud vendor big data platforms.
- Followed the TPC-H industry-standard specifications to compare the performance of the 30TB test set. Loaded 30TB test data set into each of the five databases.
- Designed data partitioning and indexing uniquely for each vendor to define a massively parallel storage layout.
- Optimized and rewrote queries to tune them to the highest level of performance.
- Measured execution timings in each environment to publish comparisons.
MongoDB and Atlas Architect (Toptal Contractor)2020 - 2020Anthem Wellpoint
Technologies: AWS DynamoDB, Atlas, DocumentDB, MongoDB, GraphQL, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), AWS S3, Cloud, Data Engineering, Cloud Architecture
- Compared Atlas and MongoDB versus DocumentDB versus DynamoDB to recommend the best performing solution for a real-time data streaming solution. Identified limitations and advantages of each tool.
- Conducted the AWS Well-Architected review, recommending reliability and performance upgrades to the cloud environment.
- Created a new AWS data-streaming architecture to combine batch and real-time data updates, transaction logging, and JSON document handling.
- Evaluated and optimized a real-time data streaming application in AWS by introducing GraphQL and DocumentDB.
Azure Data Architect (Contractor)2020 - 2020BioTE Medical (through a development agency)
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Auth0, .NET Core, GraphQL, Azure Application Insights, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Cosmos DB, Redis, Azure Event Hubs, Apache Kafka, Azure SQL, Cloud Architecture
- Created data models and cloud architecture models to dramatically restructured the enterprise databases for conversion to Azure cloud microservices. Transformed monolithic MDM into domain-based data stores.
- Selected a data vault data design pattern. Implemented a GraphQL middleware for data virtualization.
- Led the C++ .NET Core team to minimize production support impact upon project delivery.
- Created Power BI dashboards and an OLAP data design, supporting sales and project performance.
Software Release Manager2018 - 2020TAMKO Building Products
Technologies: Embedded PowerBI reports, Browser pages
- Resolved developer issues with embedded modules.
- Defined the software distribution process.
- Monitored software distribution schedules and successful upgrades for each customer.
Data Science Team Leader (Freelance)2018 - 2020TAMKO Building Products
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, SAP HANA, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure, SQL Server Management Studio
- Created the vision and strategy for a manufacturing data warehouse using relational star-schema storage, ETL, and Power BI dashboards.
- Created Power BI interactive analytics dashboards with a Java front end to identify $millions cost savings and control the manufacturing process. Designed an OLAP data structure for reporting.
- Proposed the data governance program including the IT, business, and PMO roles.
- Supervised 12 developers and DBAs to enable self-service analytics through team leadership, data strategy, and an execution roadmap.
Global Center for Innovative Analytics Director1999 - 2018Hitachi Consulting
Technologies: Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, Hadoop, Machine Learning
- Prepared business cases and prepped data for the data science team. Delivered dozens of predictive analytics solutions for the manufacturing, mining, automotive, and transportation industries.
- Defined the predictive maintenance solution offering, including solution architecture, software, and services components. Performed POCs and client engagements to implement the solutions.
- Delivered large-scale global cloud migrations to AWS and Azure for financial services, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing companies including Hadoop, Redshift, DevOps, Impala, and Power BI.
- Defined the big data product offering, including Hadoop hardware specifications, IoT machine data collection, and analysis.