Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Engineer and Developer
Arun is a quality engineering manager with 14+ years of experience, over five of which are managing teams. With an extensive background in implementing quality engineering and shift-left testing practices, API testing with Postman, web automation with Selenium WebDriver, and mobile automation with Appium, he has built different automation frameworks using structural design patterns. Arun is also experienced in CI/CD using AWS CodeBuild, Jenkins, and GitHub Actions.
Selenium WebDriver, Java, REST API Automation, Mobile Device QA Automation, CI/CD Pipelines, Appium, Web App Automation, Lighthouse
The most amazing...
...QE framework I've developed from scratch harnessed Java, Selenium, Appium, design patterns, SOLID principles, OOP, data structures, and Java streams.
Quality Engineering Manager
Network Gaurd PTE Ltd
- Led and managed a team of 15+ SDETs specializing in mobile automation, web automation, and API testing. Created a comprehensive framework utilizing the axe-core for conducting accessibility tests and Google Lighthouse for assessing performance.
- Ran web tests using the Selenium framework and seamlessly integrated them into the pipeline.
- Incorporated Selenium scripts into the PR merge checker, ensuring code quality and test coverage. Made valuable contributions to the XCUITest and Espresso frameworks, enhancing mobile automation capabilities.
- Mainly implemented shift-left principles in the agile teams. Worked on web UI automation using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid.
- Worked on mobile automation using XCUITest for iOS and Expresso library for Android. Worked on SonarCloud Integration for all the repositories to identify code quality. Integrated a CI/CD pipeline for iOS, Android, and web using AWS Device Farm.
- Implemented shift-left practices to multiple teams, which in turn reduced escape defect percentage and integrated the quality scorecard of all the services in Compass.
- Implemented shift-left testing practices in Agile teams.
- Automated the web UI with Selenium WebDriver, the mobile version with the XCUITest library for iOS and Kaspresso library for Android, and the API with Postman.
- Tracked bugs using Jira and test activities and metrics using TestRail.
- Integrated the Agile Release Train (ART) with short release cycles, handling automation.
- Managed a team of more than six full-time equivalents (FTE) professionals for automation and performance testing.
- Designed and implemented the web automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JMeter for performance testing and Java to automate REST APIs.
- Tracked and raised bugs in Jira and used TestRail as a test management tool.
- Assembled the entire automation and functional team, instrumental in the release of several laboratory information management system (LIMS) projects.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Managed a team of more than seven full-time equivalents (FTE) professionals alongside all aspects of the QA staff, like performance reviews, career development, and training.
- Automated regression and functional test suites using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tracked all the QA efforts using the HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software.
- Contributed and achieved remarkable milestones across various projects.
- Received multiple star awards in 2012, 2013, and 2015 for my accomplishments in the company.
• Developed Web tests using the Selenium framework and seamlessly integrated them into the pipeline.
• Incorporated Selenium scripts into the PR merge checker, ensuring code quality and test coverage.
• Created a comprehensive framework utilizing the axe-core library for conducting accessibility tests and leveraging Google Lighthouse for assessing performance.
• Developed xcuitest and espresso frameworks, enhancing mobile automation capabilities from scratch.
• Developed and maintained quality assurance processes that improved product quality and the escaped defect percentage.
• Developed web extension framework using selenium from scratch.
• Mainly implemented Shift left principles to the Agile teams.
• Developed Web UI automation framework using Selenium web driver.
• Developed mobile automation framework using Appium from scratch
• Worked on Sonar Cloud and Merge Checker Integration for the
existing repositories to identify code quality and security
• Integrated CI/CD pipeline for iOS, Android, and web using AWS
Fairprice eCommerce Applicationhttps://www.fairprice.com.sg/
TestNG, Appium, Selenium, Cypress, XCUITest, Espresso
Selenium WebDriver, Playwright, WebDriver
Postman, Apache Maven, Jira, BrowserStack, Jenkins, REST Assured, Xcode, Android Studio, TestRail, GitHub, AWS Device Farm, Apache JMeter, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Sonar
Functional Testing, Test Automation, Automated Testing, Testing, Software Testing, Manual Testing, Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Agile, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Automation
Eclipse, iOS, Android, Mobile, Web
GitHub Actions, Mobile Device QA Automation, REST API Automation, Quality Assurance (QA), QA Automation, QA Testing, Mobile App Testing, Manual QA, Accessibility Testing, Shift Left Testing, Visual Regression Testing, Contract Testing, SOLID Principles, Test Automation Frameworks, Plugins, Test Cases, Regression Testing, Accessibility, CI/CD Pipelines, Axe, Web App Automation, Lighthouse, Web Extensions, Static Analysis
HP Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring