Verified Expert in Engineering
Asim has nearly two decades of software development experience ranging from firmware drivers to React applications. He has been a technical leader for tech stacks comprising hundreds of components written in a variety of languages. He was awarded the CEO award for his work in development at Sky UK. Asim is not new to freelancing as he has been working as an independent consultant since 2014. He is keen to join challenging projects of any scale.
Linux, MacOS, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...product I've developed and maintained was a cutting edge video streaming product with diverse technology stacks.
- Created a multiplatform desktop app for video transcoding.
- Built a UI that was responsive to multi-display setups and various zoom settings, as well as optimized for Mac and Windows.
- Developed the application in a record time of four weeks and achieved a 100% rating from trial users.
Straight Up Studios, LLC (via Toptal)
- Architected and developed end to Consumer Premises media transcoding and delivery service using AWS Media Services, AWS ECS, AWS Cloudfront, and AWS Cognito, from first line of code to MVP deployment.
- Managed and deployed services on AWS. Fixed bugs using Jira and documentation on Confluence.
- Optimized the video streaming quality by analyzing end to end streaming pipeline.
Senior Connected TV Apps Engineer
- Developed components for Channel 4's multiscreen app in React. Included a cross platform 2D focus manager package.
- Created React Native components for a Telkomsel Android application for their video streaming product line. Implemented PIP, Conviva tracking, and ExoPlayer in their native components using Kotlin.
Software Architect and Full-stack Developer
- Defined the architecture for various end-to-end systems meeting clients requirements. Established clean architecture and clean coding practices across the team.
- Established and oversaw the after-launch support team. Added innovative solutions and coding practices for rapid bug resolution per the support contract. Wrote and established end-to-end vertical logging/monitoring and an alert system.
- Wrote MVPs and proof of concepts (PoCs) for projects and handed them over to development teams. It involved writing the back end, front end, and custom integrations to kick-start the project.
- Oversaw various PoCs for technology partnerships with BigCommerce and Stripe.
- Pioneered teams for Roku, LightningJS, Web Scrapping, Next.js, and NestJS. Involved in learning those technologies, and being the sole point of contact for any problems development teams are having.
Senior System Integration Consultant
- Developed full system Proof of Concepts (PoCs) for features like Firmware over the Air (FOTA) and an application platform with video player capabilities.
- Led end-to-end functional areas to investigate and fix architectural, compatibility, and stability bugs.
- Oversaw the smooth launch of a YouTube streaming on Sky Q devices. Developed a bridge between the platform and HTML5 apps.
- Developed a migration tool from MP4 to HTTP live streaming (HLS). Added support for playing HLS streams on sand-boxed applications.
Video Streaming Lead
- Received the CEO award for delivering a good quality video player/recorder middleware.
- Led Sky Italia's system reliability and stability team. Maintained stability and reliability KPIs.
- Managed a Sky Deutschland project full-stack integration team and acted as final door for every feature being delivered to the client.
- Developed a monitoring system which detects and reports bugs automatically.
- Developed firmware and device drivers for the USB in its early days of adoption.
- Delivered USB drivers which were used in consumer products like Olympus cameras.
- Awarded an in-house smart performance bonus for my support for USB host drivers.
Channel 4 Multiscreen Applicationhttps://www.channel4.com
Discovery Channel Multiscreen Applicationhttps://www.threenow.co.nz/
MaxStream Video Streaming Applicationhttps://maxstream.tv
Pet Location and Health Trackinghttp://www.petention.com
1) Geofencing tracking.
2) White-labeled copies of mobile and web apps are produced and served from the same back end for its licensed partners.
3) A comprehensive PDF file generation functionality
4) A custom accounting and CRM system built from scratch.
5) A marketing campaign management system.
6) Stripe integration for multiple partners.
Next.js, NestJS, Electron, Redux, React Native, Android SDK
FFmpeg, React, REST APIs, Node.js, Web3.js, Hls.js, Shaka Player, Google Ads API, Brightcove API, Stripe API
API Architecture, Web Architecture, Web Application Architecture, Scalable Application, Microservices
Tizen, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Embedded Linux, webOS, Android TV, Linux, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Webflow
Integration, API Integration, System Integration, HTML5 Applications, Video Processing, Video Players, Web Scraping, APIs, Back-end, Architecture, Web Applications, Web Development, Over-the-top Content (OTT), Video Codecs, Video on Demand (VOD), Full-stack, Video Streaming, Streaming, Smart TV, Broadcasting, Video Livestreaming, TV Broadcasting, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Technical Consulting, Technical Architecture, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Full-stack Development, Software Architecture, Solution Architecture, Technical Leadership, Cloud Platforms, USB, Team Mentoring, Client Delivery Management, Digital Rights Management (DRM), React Native Bridge, GPS, RESTful Microservices, PDF, Software, TV UI, Ads, AWS Media Services, AWS Elemental MediaConvert, AWS Cognito, Payment Gateways
Databases, AWS Elemental
Tizen SDK, Git, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Central Punjab - Lahore, Pakistan