Python Developer in New Delhi, Delhi, India
Student Mentor2017 - PRESENTUdacity
- Assisted more than 800 students with Udacity’s front-end development, full-stack development, mobile web specialist, and React nanodegree courses.
- Managed 100+ students on a regular basis with an average rating of 4.7/5.
Web Developer2018 - 2018NDA
Technologies: Gatsby, Contentful, Bootstrap
- Created a Gatsby website using Contentful data from scratch.
- Helped with deciding Contentful data storage structures so that data can be extracted efficiently and rendered smartly.
- Worked with the design team and replicated mockups to HTML/CSS using Bootstrap 4 as the base framework.
Co-founder and Full-stack Engineer2017 - 2018Hapramp
Technologies: Python, Flask, Kubernetes, Blockchain
- Bootstrapped a blockchain-based social media network that incentivizes users for their content.
- Created a PWA interface using React and Redux to provide the best web experience to the end-users.
- Developed the social network’s back-end using ERC20-based Steem SMT tokens.
- Deployed the infrastructure seamlessly on a Kubernetes-based cluster powered by Hasura.io.
- Created a modular, robust testing module to tightly validate all input data coming through the REST API.
Student, Mentor (GSoC)2016 - 2017
Technologies: Python, Flask, Docker, Kubernetes, Celery
- Developed a robust and modular API following a blueprints approach and used Swagger for specification.
- Implemented async background tasks on the server using Celery and Redis.
- Streamlined server deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Mentored four students in the 2017 GSoC to help them maintain and add features to the project.
- Developed a back-end in Python with heavy integrated acceptance testing using Robot.
Platform Engineer2016 - 2017Appbase.io
Technologies: Golang, Elasticsearch, Docker
- Added ES 6 support to Appbase.io by hacking a Go back-end using Pushpin for pub/sub, Docker for Elasticsearch 6, and OpenResty for the internal proxy.
- Developed a freemium tool called "abc" to sync data from popular persistence engines such as Mongo, MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, and even JSON to a common destination, Elasticsearch.
- Developed an Elasticsearch cluster provisioning software to deploy ES to a DigitalOcean server. It also auto-assigns domains to the cluster using CloudFlare API.
- Created an independent Dockerized service to back up Consul data to AWS S3 periodically.
- Accelerated Appbase.io dashboard's load time to 1/10th by consolidating multiple APIs.
- Clipjump (Development)http://clipjump.sourceforge.net/
Clipjump is a multiple clipboard management software for Windows. It was built to make working with multiple clipboards super fast and super easy. The program records changes in the system clipboard, stores them without any limits and provides innovative ways to work with them. The project, built solely by me, has over 100k downloads to date, with more than 50 public releases.
- HapRamp (Development)http://hapramp.com/
HapRamp is a social media platform that incentivizes its users for the content they create. It uses the popular Blockchain technology called Steem to do so. I worked on the back-end for this project as well as contributed to the React front-end.
- AnyAudio (Development)https://anyaudio.in/
AnyAudio is an open source music streaming platform. It uses the massive dataset of YouTube to allow you to listen to any song you want. For downloading data from YouTube, it uses youtube-dl and to serve the data to the end users, it has a beautifully designed React progressive web app.
- VSCode Notebook (Development)https://github.com/aviaryan/VSCodeNotebook
VSCode Notebook is an attempt to use VSCode as a complete note-taking application. It includes several cool features such as notes encryption, fast search, hierarchical organization, and an auto Git backup facility.
FrameworksFlask, React Native, Express.js, Redux, Django
ToolsJekyll, Travis CI, Webpack
PlatformsDokku, AWS EC2, Heroku, Blockchain, Docker, Contentful, Kubernetes
OtherPWA, Scripting, Competitive Programming
Libraries/APIsGatsbyJS, React, jQuery, Vue.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, Unit Testing
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Mobile Web SpecialistMAY 2018 - MAY 2021