Solidity and Full-stack Developer2021 - 2021Toptal Client
Technologies: Solidity, Python, jQuery, Truffle
- Implemented staking and payment features on an Ethereum DApp, single-handedly handling everything from UI/UX design and developing smart contracts in Solidity to back-end and front-end smart contract interactions.
- Picked up a legacy codebase without any direct knowledge transfer as the client had no developers in its team.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to create a product direction expected to increase the token price.
Senior Web Developer2019 - 2021Signs365.com (via Toptal)
- Created a magnification UI in React to allow service persons to view customers' orders precisely. Before this, these orders had to be inspected using a manual process. The new magnification system saves many hours for company staff every week.
- Converted a jQuery eCommerce website to React and Three.js. Reduced project SLOC (source lines of code) by 70%, from 65,000 to 20,000.
- Rolled out Canadian currency support in a US-native React B2B app helping the business to serve customers better in a second country.
- Maintained Legacy full-stack projects in jQuery and PHP. Added new features while reducing technical debt.
- Launched numerous new products to production, increasing business revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Led multiple projects from ideation to development to deployment.
Student Mentor2017 - 2019Udacity
- Assisted more than 800 students with Udacity’s front-end development, full-stack development, mobile web specialist, and React nanodegree courses.
- Managed 100+ students on a regular basis with an average rating of 4.7/5.
- Did code review of 600+ projects providing students feedback on common errors and better coding practices.
Web Developer2018 - 2018NDA (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Bootstrap, Contentful, Gatsby
- Created a Gatsby website using Contentful data from scratch.
- Assisted with deciding Contentful data storage structures so that data can be extracted efficiently and rendered smartly.
- Collaborated with the design team and replicated mockups to HTML and CSS using Bootstrap 4 as the base framework.
Co-founder | Full-stack Engineer2017 - 2018Hapramp
Technologies: Progressive Web Applications (PWA), React, Blockchain, Flask, Python
- Bootstrapped a blockchain-based social media network that incentivizes users for their content.
- Created a PWA interface using React and Redux to provide the best web experience to the end-users.
- Developed the social network’s back-end using ERC20-based Steem SMT tokens.
- Deployed the infrastructure seamlessly on a Kubernetes-based cluster powered by Hasura.io.
- Created a modular, robust testing module to tightly validate all input data coming through the REST API.
Student Mentor (GSoC)2016 - 2017
Technologies: Celery, Kubernetes, Docker, Flask, Python
- Developed a robust and modular API following a blueprints approach and used Swagger for specification.
- Implemented async background tasks on the server using Celery and Redis.
- Streamlined server deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Mentored four students in the 2017 GSoC to help them maintain and add features to the project.
- Developed a back end in Python with heavy integrated acceptance testing using Robot.
Platform Engineer2016 - 2017Appbase.io
Technologies: Docker, Elasticsearch, Go
- Added ES 6 support to Appbase.io by hacking a Go back end using Pushpin for pub/sub, Docker for Elasticsearch 6, and OpenResty for the internal proxy.
- Developed a freemium tool called "abc" to sync data from popular persistence engines such as Mongo, MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, and even JSON to a common destination, Elasticsearch.
- Developed Elasticsearch cluster provisioning software to deploy ES to a DigitalOcean server. It also auto-assigns domains to the cluster using CloudFlare API.
- Created an independent Dockerized service to back up Consul data to AWS S3 periodically.
- Accelerated Appbase.io dashboard's load time to 1/10th by consolidating multiple APIs.