React Native Developer in Jounieh, Mount Lebanon Governorate, Lebanon
Mobile Web Developer (Independent Contractor)2017 - PRESENTFreelancing Website (Confidential Name)
Technologies: Angular, Vue.js, PHP, Webpack, Mocha
- Transitioned this freelance agency's mobile web app to a component-based architecture in Angular.
- Created unit tests for all the newly created components, keeping 100% code coverage.
- Regularly updated the PHP legacy code to support new features.
- Attended daily scrum meetings and helped with the creation of new tasks.
- Created an automatically generated component library consisting of all the reusable components with their demo, code examples, and documentation.
Software Architect | Engineer2011 - PRESENTIndependent Contract Work
- Worked for a variety of clients: Taylor Digital, Clearsenses Tech, Intelligent Technology, Wunder LLC, MAA Consulting, CodeIgniter, 11D Software, Cadis, and Stars of Science.
- Designed software architecture: delivering blueprints for communicated plans which were divided into well-documented JIRA tasks.
- Developed highly tested robust modules to be reused for multiple products.
- Transitioned from idea-driven development to test-driven development to achieve maintainable, flexible, and easily extensible code.
- Communicated using agile scrum methodology, conducting two-week-long sprints, keeping the product shippable at all times.
- Designed a simple UI/UX, consisting of previously created components.
Platform Evangelist2013 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: Windows Phone SDK, C#, Visual Studio
- Helped students develop apps on Windows Phone and Windows 8, back-ended by Windows Azure.
- Created boilerplate code for students to reuse in their applications.
- Gave presentations to more than 200 monthly students.
- Organized the regular meetings and presentations with Microsoft employees and student partners.
- Implemented Kactus (a previous startup) on Windows Phone and Windows 8.
Co-founder2012 - 2014Kactus
Technologies: Angular, Node.js, CouchDB, Objective-C
- Led a multidisciplinary team from concept to execution.
- Started off with a web-based Angular application backed by Node.js and MongoDB.
- Created an iOS native app which reached the number-one spot in the Lebanese app store and having more than 2,000 downloads daily.
- Assisted designers in the creation of the UI/UX of the application and the personas.
- Presented Kactus to investors, TV shows, and radio stations.
- Air Camera (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-a-camera-for-home-movies/id1244558410?mt=8
This project was developed using React Native in order to have a single code base for multiple platforms and a snappy UX.
Technologies: React Native
- Screencastify (Development)
The project consists of a web-based screen recorder built on top of Angular and Firebase. Tests and REST APIs were implemented as well as a conversion of mockups to UI components.
Technologies: Angular, Firebase
- Healint Component Library (Development)
On this project, a robust component library packed with an extensible theme that propagates across all the elements was created. A component demo was also added so that the components are showcased and their code can be easily copied.
- Next Level Online (Development)
A React-based webinar management software (back-end/front-end) that allows users to register and pay for different webinars and check their specific details including the people who have registered and the instructor information.
Technologies: React, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Stripe
- TIGO Home Activator (Development)https://activador.tigo.com.sv
The platform allows users to find internet services in their areas, buy them, and book appointments to simplify the activation procedure.
Technologies: Node.js, Mithril.js
- Small Prayer (Development)
A React Native app that helps people create groups and send small prayers to each other taking advantage of Firebase on the back-end.
Technologies: React Native/Firebase
- Wireless Analytics (Development)
A Vue.js-based point-of-sale front-end that enables its users to create, configure, and sell network operator bundles according to a set of configurable rules.
Technologies: Vue.js, Webpack, Node.js
- Dermalogica Face Map (Development)https://my.facemapping.com/
This React-based product uses facial recognition to determine the quality of the skin of the user and give recommendations to improve his skin based on many computed parameters.
Technologies: React, Node.js, PHP
- Employee Satisfaction Chrome Extension (Development)
A Chrome extension that fires up at random times during the day to measure daily employee satisfaction. The data is then sent to a server that crunches the numbers.
- Freelancing Website (Confidential Name) (Development)
The project consists of multiple different sections:
• A single-page application written with Ionic which is aimed for all mobile phones/tablets.
• An Angular responsive app backed with PHP.
The main task of this project was multifaceted frameworks/languages in order to implement/fix the required features.
References or live demo available upon request.
- Space Chicken Saga (Development)
A Unity3D adventure game set in space that pivots around helping a chicken make it through space using real-time physics elements.
- Kactus (Development)http://kactus.bassamseif.com/
Kactus is a mobile application that provides users with thousands of community generated to-do lists that would break down complex procedures into simple tasks.
- Beatball (Development)
A 3D-platform game (built with Unity) consisting of multiple acts containing new skills, powerups, tutorials, and enemies. The development was led with a team of four (a designer, a composer, a QA, and a level designer). The game was programmed using C# and is available for iOS and Android.
- Barcode Queue (Development)
The project consists of two parts: a server and a scanner.
• Server: A Node.js server using Meteor.
• Scanner: A React Native app to help people get into a queue using a QR and the device's camera.
This is a white-labeled product which was rebranded by the clients.
- Remote Gate Opener (Development)
A remote gate opener built using PhoneGap. It takes commands from the user and uses an API to open up gates controlled by a custom-built RPI.
- Urban Eights (Development)
Urban Eights is a minimum viable product (MVP) for a client that needed a fully functional Tinder clone for shopping. The mobile app is written using React Native.
- Blinksys (Development)
This is software that translates human blinks into a set of commands for hospital patients and links them to a web interface. C++ was used to detect the blinks, send the data to the server, and then used AngularJS to display the information.
- Movement-controlled Smart Music Composer (Development)
This interface integrates different sensors onto an application which reads the movements and creates harmonious music out of the information.
- Guess the Font (Development)
- Ignite ERP (Development)
A fully fledged enterprise resource plan for manufacturing companies which tackled different departments (e.g., production, sales, marketing, and more).
- Build a QR Scanner: A React Native Camera Tutorial (Publication)Cross-platform mobile apps are increasingly being built with React Native. But how can you scan for QR codes and augment the user's camera view when they're present?
FrameworksAngular, Unity, Mithril.js, React Native, Express.js, ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap
Libraries/APIsVue.js, React, jQuery, Facebook API, Three.js, Node.js
ToolsMongoose, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
ParadigmsScrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, REST, Responsive Development, Event-driven Programming, UI Design, UX Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Waterfall Development
PlatformsLinux, Meteor, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageMongoDB, CouchDB, MySQL
OtherPhysics Simulation, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Ajax
- Master's degree (MBA) in Business Administration2014 - 2015IE Business School - Madrid, Spain
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer and Communications Engineering2006 - 2011Lebanese American University - Beirut, Lebanon