Mobile Web Developer (Independent Contractor)2017 - PRESENTFreelancing Website (Confidential Name)
Technologies: Mocha, Webpack, PHP, Vue.js, Angular
- Transitioned this freelance agency's mobile web app to a component-based architecture in Angular.
- Created unit tests for all the newly created components, keeping 100% code coverage.
- Regularly updated the PHP legacy code to support new features.
- Attended daily scrum meetings and helped with the creation of new tasks.
- Created an automatically generated component library consisting of all the reusable components with their demo, code examples, and documentation.
Software Architect | Engineer2011 - PRESENTIndependent Contract Work
- Worked for a variety of clients: Taylor Digital, Clearsenses Tech, Intelligent Technology, Wunder LLC, MAA Consulting, CodeIgniter, 11D Software, Cadis, and Stars of Science.
- Designed software architecture: delivering blueprints for communicated plans which were divided into well-documented JIRA tasks.
- Developed highly tested robust modules to be reused for multiple products.
- Transitioned from idea-driven development to test-driven development to achieve maintainable, flexible, and easily extensible code.
- Communicated using agile scrum methodology, conducting two-week-long sprints, keeping the product shippable at all times.
- Designed a simple UI/UX, consisting of previously created components.
Platform Evangelist2013 - 2014Microsoft
Technologies: Visual Studio, C#, Windows Phone
- Helped students develop apps on Windows Phone and Windows 8, back-ended by Windows Azure.
- Created boilerplate code for students to reuse in their applications.
- Gave presentations to more than 200 monthly students.
- Organized the regular meetings and presentations with Microsoft employees and student partners.
- Implemented Kactus (a previous startup) on Windows Phone and Windows 8.
Co-founder2012 - 2014Kactus
Technologies: Objective-C, CouchDB, Node.js, Angular
- Led a multidisciplinary team from concept to execution.
- Started off with a web-based Angular application backed by Node.js and MongoDB.
- Created an iOS native app which reached the number-one spot in the Lebanese App Store with more than 2,000 daily downloads.
- Assisted designers in the creation of the UI/UX of the application and the personas.
- Presented Kactus to investors, TV shows, and radio stations.