- VP of Engineering2017 - PRESENTDropcountr
Technologies: Ruby, Sinatra, Backbone.js, Sidekiq, React Native, AWS
- Worked with CEO to build scalability strategy and revamp client onboarding roadmap.
- Converted data ingestion ETL to queue-based Sidekiq architecture.
- Added test suite and continuous integration.
- Rebuilt native mobile apps in React Native.
- Recruited and hired lead front- and back-end developers.
- Principal Consultant2007 - PRESENTMFT
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, AWS, HTML5
- Built an in-house custom accounting and ERP platform.
- Developed a streaming video application and marketplace.
- Improved and managed an employee perks delivery application.
- Refactored a social networking application.
- Supported a nonprofit home equity insurance program.
- Technology Operations2016 - 2017Scout RFP
Technologies: Rails, Ruby, PostgreSQL, AWS, Elasticsearch, Redis, Sidekiq, React.js, AngularJS, Auth0
- Managed the AWS infrastructure, DevOps, security, and compliance for a 13-person US and Latvia team.
- Partnered with the VP of engineering to refactor agile work, CI, and planning tools.
- Migrated the legacy architecture to AWS RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch, and CloudFront.
- Envisioned, communicated, and executed strategic security and scalability plans.
- Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2016Diagnotes
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Resque, Mirth, AWS, OpsWorks, iOS, Android, PostgreSQL, pgcrypto
- Extended the API to support client-driven events.
- Integrated with clients' electronic medical records systems.
- Deployed and managed the VPN connectivity to our clients' systems.
- Managed the development pipeline and overall product strategy.
- Delivered HIPAA-compliant secure messaging, medical records, and on-call scheduling.
- Recruited and hired developers, systems administrators, and mobile team.
- Extended an application to multiple new revenue opportunities (mobile apps).
- Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2014TheRegistrationSystem.com
Technologies: Rails, Ruby, jQuery, MySQL, Redis, Resque, AWS
- Architected and built live e-ticket sales application (Rails 3) in four weeks.
- Built a bidirectional API to support a multi-platform mobile application.
- Upgraded and extended the architecture to support high peak volume event sales.
- Recruited and managed the overseas development team.
- Chief Technology Officer2011 - 2014WhatNext.com
Technologies: Rails, Ruby, Sphinx, jQuery, MySQL, Redis
- Extended and maintained a healthcare-focused social networking application.
- Optimized Sphinx searching, the Redis cache functionality, and a new feature pipeline.
- Managed a remote team for incremental improvements.
- Chief Technology Officer | Co-founder2004 - 2009Sagebit LLC
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Java, AWS, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Designed the business plan and raised capital for a tech consultancy.
- Hired and trained a team of six developers.