CEO2012 - PRESENTNapali
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Python, Linux, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud, AWS
- Started and grew the consultancy and ran the day-to-day operations.
- Helped clients solve their DevOps and back-end needs.
- Kept up-to-date with the latest technologies through learning and self-development.
Senior DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer2016 - 2019Naga Group AG
Technologies: DevOps, Red Hat Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PagerDuty, New Relic, MetaTrader, PostgreSQL, Windows Server, Linux, Blockchain, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS
- Built a highly scalable and secure back-end trading infrastructure.
- Created auto-scaling, auditable, and well-monitored AWS clusters. Supported a successful IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Utilized best security practices and created a highly-available Blockchain infrastructure in support of a successful ICO.
- Worked with senior management and technical teams to minimise infrastructure costs while maintaining high availability.
- Built and integrated various monitoring tools to ensure high availability and integrity.
- Resolved issues detected by monitoring systems on a 24-hour basis as the primary contact.
Python Back-end Developer and DevOps2014 - 2015Klio Health
Technologies: DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, CouchDB, ELK (Elastic Stack), RabbitMQ, Celery, Python, Linux, Docker, AWS
- Built scalable microservices in Python for a HIPAA compliant healthcare application.
- Built and maintained development, staging, and production infrastructure on AWS.
- Performed code reviews, merges, and manual deployments.
- Worked according to Scrum methodology.
- Built Jenkins CI/CD pipelines for automated deployments to the development and staging environments.
Site Reliability Engineer, DBA, DevOps2005 - 2012Skype
Technologies: DevOps, Redis, Cacti, Nagios, Bash, Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Built the original distributed monitoring system which is used to this day.
- Built PostgreSQL clusters supporting several departments' needs.
- Maintained testing and staging environments.
- Collected, analyzed, and visualized various usage metrics.
- Released and deployed DB changes from across the organization.