Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Developer
Boris has worked as a DevOps, SRE, and back-end software development engineer. He has a scientific mindset and 15 years of experience working with global startups. At Skype, Boris supported explosive growth while serving multiple roles like site reliability engineer, DevOps, and DBA. At Naga Group AG, Boris delivered scalable and secure trading infrastructure able to support a successful IPO and ICO for this fledgling fintech startup.
Git, Linux, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud, Startups, Remote Work, Linux Administration
The most amazing...
...startup I've worked with is Skype, supporting explosive growth while serving multiple roles.
CEO | CTO
- Started my DevOps consultancy to help clients worldwide with their Infrastructure solutions.
- Helped clients with their DevOps, database scaling, and back-end software development.
- Kept up-to-date with the latest DevOps trends and technologies through learning and self-development.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Developed Terraform modules to better scale the company's microservices by splitting inbound traffic more granularly depending on the blockchain networks used.
- Monitored and proactively blocked various bot and other attacks against the company's services.
- Developed a Terraform module for automating the deployment of the company's monitoring.
Infrastructure Tech Lead
- Managed all aspects of the Multilogin infrastructure, including Bare-metal and cloud hosting providers, multiple production and development clusters, and user-facing and internal services.
- Led a team of DevOps/SRE/DBA professionals in charge of maintaining Multilogin services' high availability and security.
- Built logging and monitoring for Multilogin services using Elasticsearch, New Relic, PagerDuty, and other tools.
- Guided migration from Bare-metal to fully cloud-hosted VM clusters.
- Led the migration of cloud storage from DigitalOcean Spaces to Amazon S3.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Built a scalable Kubernetes cluster for Climate Engine's back-end service using Terraform and CI/CD pipelines.
- Created a Kubernetes cluster for Climate Engine's WordPress website using GKE Autopilot.
- Made Cloud SQL databases for Climate Engine's back ends.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Kept Openreel's old-generation remote video creation platform running smoothly for global Fortune 500 customers until its sunset.
- Participated in maintaining a high level of security, availability, and business continuity that eventually led to Openreel's ISO 27001:2013 certification.
- Helped Openreel's development team with launching its new-gen remote video creation platform on AWS using infrastructure-as-code best practices.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Worked on improving all parts of Mynd's AWS Infrastructure-as-a-Code, utilizing GitOps best practices.
- Built and maintained data pipelines used by BI/Data mining teams for providing fast and actionable business intelligence.
- Participated in Scrum standups, plannings, backlog grooming, and planning poker estimation like rituals required in Agile team.
- Helped onboard junior team members to the team in the quickest and most efficient way posible.
Senior DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer
Naga Group AG
- Built a highly scalable and secure back-end trading infrastructure.
- Created auto-scaling, auditable, and well-monitored AWS clusters and supported a successful IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Utilized best security practices and created a highly-available Blockchain infrastructure in support of a successful ICO.
- Worked with senior management and technical teams to minimize infrastructure costs while maintaining high availability.
- Built and integrated various monitoring tools to ensure high availability and integrity.
- Resolved issues detected by monitoring systems on a 24-hour basis as the primary contact.
Back-end Developer and DevOps Engineer
- Developed scalable microservices in Python for a HIPAA-compliant healthcare application.
- Built and maintained development, staging, and production infrastructure on AWS.
- Performed code reviews, merges, and deployments according to the Scrum methodology.
- Constructed CI/CD pipelines for automated deployment into various environments.
Site Reliability Engineer, DBA, and DevOps
- Constructed the original distributed monitoring system which is used to this day.
- Developed PostgreSQL clusters serving Skype users as well as internal business intelligence and fraud prevention needs.
- Maintained testing and staging environments for Agile Skype development and testing.
- Collected, analyzed, and visualized various Skype usage metrics.
- Released and deployed database changes from across the organization.
CI/CD pipeline for Python Flask web application.
Flask, Django, Django REST Framework, Gearman
Shell, Docker Swarm, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), VPN, GitHub, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, ELK (Elastic Stack), Celery, Nessus, NGINX, Apache, Kibana, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Docker Compose, AWS CloudFormation, Vim Text Editor, Git, Nagios, Cacti, RabbitMQ, Elastic, Splunk, GitLab CI/CD, Grafana, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Cognito, Amazon EKS, Helm, CircleCI
DevOps, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Test Automation, Kanban, Microservices Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Debian, New Relic, PagerDuty, Linux, Amazon EC2, Unix, Docker, Kubernetes, DigitalOcean, Blockchain, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Red Hat Linux, AWS Lambda, CentOS, Windows Server, MetaTrader, CKAN, WordPress, Nexus, Percona, Spinnaker, Ethereum
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Redis, CouchDB, Google Cloud, Datadog, Amazon Aurora, Redis Cache, MongoDB, Google Cloud SQL, Data Pipelines, Amazon DynamoDB
Cloud Security, Systems Monitoring, Ubuntu Server, Cloud, AWS DevOps, Load Balancers, System Administration, Monitoring, Linux Administration, ECS, Distributed Tracing, Distributed Ledgers, Encryption, CI/CD Pipelines, Galera Cluster, Cloudflare, APIs, Architecture, Subnet, Networking, AWS Secrets Manager, Deployment, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), SaaS, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), SSL, Access Control, User Permissions, Clustering, ChatGPT, Technical Leadership, GitHub Actions, Security Audits, GPU Computing, Apache Cassandra, SecOps, API Testing, Amazon RDS, Startups, Remote Work, Scraping, Amazon Kinesis, Data Engineering, Llama 2, Argo CD, GitOps, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps)
Django-allauth, Stripe API, SQLAlchemy, Jenkins Pipeline, Node.js, FFmpeg
Security, Trading Systems
Coursework in IT Systems Development and Administration
Estonian IT College - Tallinn, Estonia
Yale University on Coursera