Infrastructure Tech Lead2019 - PRESENTMultilogin
Technologies: Docker Swarm, Ansible, Elastic, Kibana, New Relic, Nexus, Terraform, PagerDuty, MySQL, Percona, Galera Cluster, Apache Cassandra, AWS S3, Cloudflare, SecOps, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Subnets, Networking, VPN, Security
- Managed all aspects of Multilogin server infrastructure, including bare metal and cloud hosting providers, multiple production and development clusters, and internal and external services.
- Led a small team of DevOps professionals in charge of maintaining Multilogin services' high availability and research and development into the state of the art infrastructure solutions.
- Built logging and monitoring for Multilogin's services using Elasticsearch, NewRelic, PagerDuty, and other tools.
- Helped to migrate from bare metal to fully cloud-hosted VM clusters.
- Aided the migration to cloud storage from DigitalOcean Spaces to AWS S3.
CEO2012 - PRESENTNapali
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Python, Linux, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud, AWS, Flask, Ubuntu, Bash, SQL, Ubuntu Server, Continuous Delivery (CD), APIs, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Subnets, Networking, VPN, Security
- Started and grew the consultancy and ran the day-to-day operations.
- Helped clients with their DevOps, database scaling, and back-end software development.
- Kept up-to-date with the latest technologies through learning and self development.
Senior DevOps Engineer (via Toptal)2022 - 2022Climate Engine
Technologies: Google Cloud, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes, Google Cloud SQL, WordPress, Terraform, CI/CD Pipelines, APIs, Architecture, Subnets, Networking, API Testing
- Built scalable Kubernetes cluster for Climate Engine's back-end service using Terraform and CI/CD pipelines.
- Created Kubernetes cluster for Climate Engine's WordPress website using GKE Autopilot.
- Made Cloud SQL databases for Climate Engine's backends.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (via Toptal)2020 - 2022Openreel
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud Security, Linux, Node.js, FFmpeg, GPU Computing, Elastic, ELK (Elastic Stack), Security Audits, MySQL, New Relic, Ubuntu, Bash, SQL, Ubuntu Server, Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Subnets, Networking, Security, API Testing
- Kept Openreel's old-generation remote video creation platform running smoothly for global Fortune 500 customers until its sunset.
- Participated in maintaining a high level of security, availability, and business continuity that eventually led to Openreel's ISO 27001:2013 certification.
- Helped Openreel's development team with launching its new-gen remote video creation platform on AWS using infrastructure-as-code best practices.
Senior DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer2016 - 2019Naga Group AG
Technologies: DevOps, Red Hat Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PagerDuty, New Relic, MetaTrader, PostgreSQL, Windows Server, Linux, Blockchain, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, MySQL, Trading Systems, Encryption, Systems Monitoring, Distributed Tracing, Ubuntu, Bash, SQL, Ubuntu Server, Continuous Delivery (CD), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Subnets, Networking, VPN, Security, API Testing
- Built a highly scalable and secure back-end trading infrastructure.
- Created auto-scaling, auditable, and well-monitored AWS clusters and supported a successful IPO on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Utilized best security practices and created a highly-available Blockchain infrastructure in support of a successful ICO.
- Worked with senior management and technical teams to minimize infrastructure costs while maintaining high availability.
- Built and integrated various monitoring tools to ensure high availability and integrity.
- Resolved issues detected by monitoring systems on a 24-hour basis as the primary contact.
Back-end Developer and DevOps Engineer2014 - 2015Klio Health
Technologies: DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, CouchDB, ELK (Elastic Stack), RabbitMQ, Celery, Python, Linux, Docker, AWS, Flask, Ubuntu, Bash, SQL, Ubuntu Server, Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), APIs, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Architecture, Subnets, Networking, VPN, Security, API Testing
- Developed scalable microservices in Python for a HIPAA-compliant healthcare application.
- Built and maintained development, staging, and production infrastructure on AWS.
- Performed code reviews, merges, and deployments according to the Scrum methodology.
- Constructed CI/CD pipelines for automated deployment into various environments.
Site Reliability Engineer, DBA, and DevOps2005 - 2012Skype
Technologies: DevOps, Redis, Cacti, Nagios, Bash, Python, PostgreSQL, Linux, Shell, Systems Monitoring, SQL, Agile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Splunk, Architecture, Subnets, Networking, Security
- Constructed the original distributed monitoring system which is used to this day.
- Developed PostgreSQL clusters serving Skype users as well as internal business intelligence and fraud prevention needs.
- Maintained testing and staging environments for Agile Skype development and testing.
- Collected, analyzed, and visualized various Skype usage metrics.
- Released and deployed database changes from across the organization.