Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Software Developer
Boris is a goal-driven, innovative IT professional delivering successful projects on time and budget and transforming company operations in key areas of retail, customer relations, finance, and analytics in the oil and gas, telco, and banking industries. He has extensive experience delivering highly challenging projects and complex IT integrations, ensuring thousands of business users benefit from IT systems, and driving efficient and controllable business practices.
Oracle BI, Oracle Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, SQL, D3.js, Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL, PostgreSQL
The most amazing...
...project I've led is a BI solution for an O&G company with 30+ subject areas and thousands of dashboards, enabling an unprecedented rise in the use of data.
Next-gen Analytics and Reporting Manager
NIS Gazprom Neft
- Facilitated the move to next-gen analytics, including self-service analytics, automated infographics, and KPI performance management for 400+ users.
- Created custom fit-for-purpose visualizations and infographics for company top management and key board meetings.
- Improved data quality considerably across subject areas, introducing business firewalls, data enrichment, quality control checkpoints, and data management applications.
- Collaborated with security professionals on data consumption tracking within the company and mobile devices, significantly improving transparency.
- Implemented the accounts receivable and payable subject area, combining data sets from SAP ERP across companies within the group, external benchmarking data, and macro-financial data into single data and dashboard source.
- Implemented material balance subject area, integrating data from Hyperion Planning and custom data enrichment for a unified source of all movement and stock of the NIS Group.
- Implemented SLA subject area for a newly formed shared services business unit, providing all services with a balanced scorecard for all services offered to all clients within NIS Group with custom dynamic rebalancing KPIs.
- Implemented refinery maintenance subject area, integrating data from IBM Maximo service module and providing data enrichment and KPIs for service requests and refinery assets.
NIS Gazprom Neft
- Identified and consolidated KPI hierarchies with major stakeholders like upstream, refinery, oil field services, sales, distribution, energy, petrochemicals, health safety, environment, and finance for 6,000+ KPIs and hundreds of business processes.
- Transformed an as-is reporting and designed visual solution and interactions with KPI reporting for BoD from Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to easy-to-use and instantly understandable infographics.
- Implemented a data flow from back-end systems and data entry to BI and EPM reporting systems. Ensured consistent and reliable data, checks, and verification processes as well as data enrichment and verification points.
- Implemented several financial subject areas, including current balance, 10-year financial reports, macro-economic reports, and taxes.
- Implemented a service desk for a newly formed shared services center and service desk subject area and dashboards for reporting.
- Implemented timesheet management and a responsible subject area for reporting for the newly formed shared services center.
- Led a company-wide implementation of Jira for business tasks and all development and PM within finance.
- Implemented a retail (petrol station) subject area, integrating data from several data sources such as POS systems, SAP ERP, and Hyperion Planning.
- Implemented a KPI subject area and custom board of directors set of dashboards with a unique custom KPI visualization custom plug-in, fit for the company's methodology and management needs.
- Delivered key insights rapidly during the COVID-19 crisis with key insight into receivables and payables, customer and supplier oversight, and credit scoring.
Project Manager, Business Intelligence
NIS Gazprom Neft
- Led and implemented the company's project portfolio for implementing a BI solution integrating tens of data sources, 30+ subject areas, and thousands of dashboards.
- Delivered business requirements with each business stream owner before implementing it in concert with other streams, working with five business consulting companies and coordinating over 50 consultants.
- Coordinated and led three IT service providers for the technical implementation of each subject area stream with 50+ technical consultants at the peak of implementation.
- Found the best solution for ETL and CDC from the company's SAP ERP, testing and validating 21 different approaches ensuring the best speed, accuracy, and impact.
- Enrolled 400+ business users in BI practices, covering education and improving the corporate culture for consuming data and analytics, evolving to self-service analytics across subject areas.
Project Manager, Document Management
NIS Gazprom Neft
- Created and implemented an IT strategy for ECM and DM,.
- Implemented a DM project for the company's thousands of users and hundreds of document flows and approval processes.
- Established the company's document archive, initiating and managing large-scale scanning, OCR, and cataloging of 43 kilometers of archival documents from the 1960s till today.
- Implemented Siebel CRM solution in Telenor MNE, including sales, service, and marketing modules.
- Implemented custom Siebel CRM integrations with telco back-end systems such as prepaid and postpaid billing systems and HLR service.
- Implemented a document archiving solution and integration of Siebel CRM and Microsoft SharePoint for all generated customer documentation.
S&T Serbia d.o.o
- Implemented the Infor Epiphany CRM system in Banca Intesa Beograd. The solution introduced customer 360 data, Salesforce automation, service and call center integration, inbound and outbound marketing, campaigns, and analytics.
- Developed a highly optimized ETL process, integrating local and customized core banking suite, government, and national bank IT services.
- Provided customer support on-site, driving solution adoption and providing agile changes, ensuring value for customers, educating customer staff, and transparent system operation for management and regulatory audits.
- Developed framework and methodology for Rosbank's intranet portal, connecting hundreds of cities in a single network using IBM WebSphere line of tools.
- Implemented Oracle BI reporting subject areas in one of the leading Russian banking companies.
- Implemented IBM MicroStrategy BI solution in a Russian manufacturing company.
Researcher | Developer
Samsung Advanced Institute of Technologies and Moscow State University Joint Lab
- Developed part of MPEG standard regarding computer vision, 3D reconstruction data, and point-cloud visualization.
- Developed methods and models for 3D reconstruction and coloring data.
- Developed processes and apps for 3D data storage, retrieval, classification, and object tracking.
Oracle BI Implementation
BI Solution for Car Rental and Franchise Company
NIS KPI Reporting
The project consisted of a detailed KPI methodology, scoring and aggregating processes, a custom KPI visualization plugin for Oracle Analytics (D3.js and OAS framework), a set of dashboards and custom interactions, and a data management application.
Account Receivable and Payable Subject Area Reporting
Material Balance Subject Area Reporting
Dashboards show all movements of material and processes in the company, starting from oil and gas extraction, raw oil, procurement, refining, production of distillates, and sales by channel, country, and products, as well as stock movements and levels.
Refinery Maintenance Subject Area
Timesheet Management App and BI Subject Area
Service Desk and Reporting
Siebel CRM Implementation
D3.js, REST APIs
Microsoft Power BI, Oracle Application Express (APEX), Tableau, Apache Tomcat, Batch Apex, Microsoft Excel, Redash, Siebel CRM, Jira, MySQL Workbench, Apache, SSAS, IBM Maximo, Smartsheet, Microsoft Power Apps, Power Query
Data Science, OLAP, Database Design, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, REST
Oracle Database, Oracle BI EE 11g, Oracle, SharePoint, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer, OLTP, Data Integration, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Databases, PL/SQL, Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Siebel EIM, Essbase, Data Lakes, NoSQL, Azure SQL, HBase
Oracle BI, Oracle Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Vision, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), CRM Design, Financial Data Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Star Schema, Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS), Data Warehousing, IT Project Management, Data Architecture, Analytics, Data Engineering, Business Requirements, Data Loading, Data Analysis, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, WebLogic, DAX, Analysis, Reporting, Dashboards, Data Modeling, Interactive Dashboards, Reports, Data-level Security, APIs, BI Reporting, Dashboard Development, Data Transformation, Data Cleansing, Data Queries, Siebel EAI, Siebel Administration, Siebel, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), Document Management Systems (DMS), Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC), Document Management, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Large Data Sets, Back-end Development, Architecture, Microsoft Power Automate, Apache Superset, Metabase, MPEG, SAP
Master's Degree in Informatics and Applied Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University - Moscow, Russia