Visual Studio Code (VS Code), React, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...project was with INNODIA, an international organization that is instrumental in helping understand and cure type 1 diabetes.
- Created and evangelized quality engineering practices.
- Optimized the scrum lifecycle and implemented best practices in the scrum ceremony.
- Reduced the number of regressions and reported bugs. Increased test coverage and created automation that increases quality over time.
- Created a component library and improved accessibility.
- Expanded the team by hiring and onboarding two senior front-end engineers.
- Planned and released a new major version of our component library, Picasso, while serving as its product owner.
- Acted as a scrum master to a team of seven and a product owner of three open-source projects.
- Standardized front-end development and architecture practices across the entire company.
Freelance Web Developer
- Developed Creamcredit.lv, a portal for personal crediting. I used Pug, Sass, and a custom Gulp build process.
- Built Enjoycopenhagen.dk, a web app that sells tours in Copenhagen. It was built with React, Node.js, and Firebase.
- Created VRdreams.co, a portfolio website for a video production company specializing in VR and 360 videos. It was built with WordPress.
- Developed Oreshakabg.com, a dual-language WordPress website for a local hotel.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Contributed to the development of the new version of the talent profile editor.
- Contributed to our component library built with React, TypeScript, and Lerna.
- Identified architectural issues in our front-end apps, researched, and implemented solutions.
- Created a UI component library with styled-system, TypeScript and Storybook.
- Building and maintaining maqan.dk, brickshare.dk and new.brickshare.dk.
- Performed in house training in web app performance optimisation.
- Built apps that are used for medical research.
- Implemented a Flask-based back-end and AngularJS-based front-end.
- Developed with PostgreSQL and SQL Alchemy.
Enjoy Copenhagen Ltd.
- Created a platform for selling tours for various tourist attractions in Copenhagen.
- Developed the front-end with React and Sass.
- Built the back-end up with a combination of Firebase and Node.js.
Systems Engineering Ltd. (Syseng.dk)
- Developed a prototype for a web app that allows users to apply the systems engineering concept to their projects; built with React.
- Built the UI with the Material UI React library and a React template.
- Developed the back-end using Firebase's real-time database.
- Set up the build process with Webpack.
- Developed a copy of Spotify's web player, during my internship at MentorMate. Users can log in, view their profile, saved playlists, artist and albums as well as browse public content on Spotify.
- Developed a web app which allows you to create an account and save cooking recipes and choose to make them public or not.
- Implemented React in Conway's Game of Life.
- Built a donation app for a school with AngularJS, Firebase, and Sass (Hill-murray-dev.firebaseapp.com/main).
- Automated the examination process; the tests are now generated, published, and graded in a matter of a few clicks. That means more free time for teachers to do what they are supposed to do: teach.
- Coordinated a four-person, multi-national team and assign tasks to each member; the communication is mostly done online.
- Won third place at SoftUni Techfest (Techfest.softuni.bg).
- Won third place in a social entrepreneurship competition (Ideinik.tuk-tam.bg).
- Developed an MVP which is now live and is currently being tested (individual teachers use it and give us feedback). Currently selecting a school for a large-scale pilot project.
- Managed client projects; mostly built with Meteor.
- Led and handled our own product—a project management tool that competes with JIRA, built with MeteorJS.
- Designed mockups and features for our clients and our own apps.
- Conducted end-to-end testing with Nightwatch.js and Sikuli.
- Implemented manual testing of our various projects.
- Received customer designs and then figured out how to get them built; usually in a very limited amount of time so speed was essential.
- Wrote and implemented scripts that automated the drawing process which increased my productivity tenfold.
- Worked extremely productively; on a recent task, while being given the same amount of time, I created 45 drawings while a colleague with ten years more experience made five drawings and the project manager made 24.
- Led a team of four engineers during my last three months.
- Assigned tasks and explained how they should be completed to the team.
- Ensured that all the drawings were in order before they were sent for manufacturing.
- Communicated with our clients.
CEO | Co-founder
- Worked as the CEO as well as chief engineer and pilot.
- Pitched to investors at the demo day of the Start It Smart Pre-Accelerator and the Startup Sauna competition.
- Won the "Best Marketing Startup" award at the JAStartup Competition (Jastartup.jabulgaria.org).
- Established a team of four people covering every key role in an early-stage startup.
- Launched our prototype and attracted out first customers (Kamenitza, Nivea, and JoinThePlayers).
- Worked as part of the team behind a number of successful apartment rental websites and online stores.
- Started out as an SEO expert and managed the marketing campaign—keyword researching, link building, analyzing traffic and bounce rate, and more.
- Set up and maintained a network of 400+ WordPress blogs.
- Conducted routine manual quality assurance (QA) on our money sites.
- Was promoted to team leader when the Bulgarian team expanded.
Toptal's Component Libraryhttps://picasso.toptal.net/
As a product owner, I planned and released a revamped version of Picasso. I also was in charge of an initiative to migrate all Toptal applications to use it.
An Online Test Which Assesses Children's Educational Levelhttp://placement.mathusee.com/
Hill Murray High School Donation Page
Educational Video and PDF Viewerhttp://digital.demmelearning.com/
Technologies: React, Firebase, Node.js, Bootstrap 4 and Sass
Spotify Web Player Clonehttps://github.com/borisyordanov/spotify-react-clone
Game of Lifehttp://performer-alfonso-14507.netlify.com/
Working With the React Context API
VSCode Tips and Tricks for Power Users
Picasso: How to Test a Component Library
MUI (Material UI), Bootstrap, Redux, AngularJS, UIKit, Flask, Angular, Cypress, Jest, Laravel, Next.js
jQuery, React, Spotify API, GitHub API, Nightwatch.js, HTML5 Canvas, Reactstrap, TensorFlow, Puppeteer, Node.js, SQLAlchemy, Three.js, Sikuli
Testing, Unit Testing, UI Design, Agile Software Development
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Webflow, Heroku, WordPress, Linux, Meteor, Docker, Windows, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile
User Interface (UI), Animation, Storybook, Apollo, CSS3 Animation, PSD to HTML, Styled-components, UI Animation, HTML Canvas, Web UI, Forms, Motion & Animation Design, Front-end, Front-end Development, Integration Testing, HTML Templates, User Experience (UX), Semrush, GitHub Actions, PDF, Front-end Architecture, RTL, Mobile UI, Games
NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Aalborg University - Copenhagen, Denmark
Certificate in Full-stack Web Development
FreeCodeCamp.com - Sofia, Bulgaria
Certificate in Software Development (C#)
Telerik Academy - Sofia, Bulgaria
Master's Degree in Civil Engineering
University of Architecture, Civil Engineering and Geodesy - Sofia, Bulgaria
University of Cambridge