Verified Expert in Engineering
Brad is a senior web developer who’s managed small teams of developers and about 160 different websites. He’s an expert in PHP technologies such as Laravel, along with best practice front-end web technologies. In his downtime, Brad enjoys developing automated apps in Python and sites in Laravel and React.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Tailwind CSS, Vue, Laravel, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, React, Next.js
The most amazing...
...project that I've worked on has generated the company over 1 million euros.
Full-stack Laravel Developer
Why Bravo Pty Ltd T/A Outbound
- Went through security analysis and implemented security measures such as removing insecurities in Vue components, removing cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities, improving content security policy headers, and much more.
- Led a team of one junior developer and a designer and worked with a project manager using Scrum methodology on ClickUp.
- Worked with HubSpot, Pipedrive, Salesforce, and Zapier integrations.
- Managed a gamification platform with over 150 clients and 1,500 users.
- Created project using Laravel's Vapor (AWS serverless) to scan, activate, void, and check the balance of gift cards.
- Connected custom gift cards controller for the Shopify store.
- Integrated Auth0 passwordless login for a series of clients.
- Implemented Redis caching to improve the page load speeds by 90 percent.
- Applied console commands to implement new features faster in new projects.
- Started coding best practices to share with colleagues.
- Introduced test suites to help us test and prevent errors from our custom CRM built on Laravel Nova.
Senior Web Developer
- Created Laravel-based internal tools, which mainly focused on validation, building custom rules, and internationalization.
- Built APIs to allow publishers to inject data directly into our database.
- Developed the corporate website, Kwanko.com in WordPress.
- Managed a small team of developers and oversaw code reviews.
- Created an automation tool using Python to help salespeople generate more leads.
- Created dozens of marketing websites for an international clientele.
- Updated boilerplate code to align ourselves with the changing regulation enforced by GDPR.
- Contributed to projects using a custom PHP boilerplate with HTML, CSS, jQuery, and Sass.
- Improved the team workflow by providing teammates with tools and shortcuts such as Sublime snippets.
- Connected to multiple CRMs and APIs such as Salesforce, Pipedrive, and Mailchimp, as well as other REST and SOAP APIs.
Albergo di Ierihttp://albergodiieri.com/
I used the following languages to develop this project:
Next.js, AWS Amplify, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, and Tailwind CSS.
My Personal Websitehttps://bradahrens.com/
Kwanko | Corporate Websitehttps://www.kwanko.com/
We needed the flexibility of WordPress so that the marketing team could adjust content without the need for a developer. I also created shortcodes for them to use so they didn't need to write any code.
Kwanko — 360https://360.kwanko.com/
The site was built in Laravel with the idea of having multiple, yet similar pages done by using blade templating as well as using the internationalization feature for different language positions.
On the front end, we built the site in Bootstrap 4. I also developed a back office for internal use. (Unfortunately, I can't share this as it has private information.) It also shows the data for each lead as well as a summary.
I also created the emails that are sent out to the user with pixels inside of them. So, I can track the open rate for the emails as well as which links were clicked. In these links, I am passing information to the next site, not only UTMs but also the entity number, which is critical to the referral system.
• Swiss Dental Services
• Showroom Prive
• Crédito Digital
• AWS (S3, SES)
Interhome Trip Page
Toptal React Academy
jQuery, Google Maps API, Vue, Facebook API, Salesforce API, React, AWS Amplify
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Web Performance Optimization (WPO), UI Design, UX Design, Management
AWS Elastic Beanstalk, WordPress, MacOS, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Shopify, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2
Web Development, Front-end, User Interface (UI), Landing Pages, SEO Tools, Laravel Livewire, Mailchimp API, SOAP, CSV, PDF, Amazon API Gateway, Laravel Nova, Amazon RDS, Business
Laravel, Tailwind CSS, Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3, Vapor, Angular, Next.js, MUI (formerly Material UI), Laravel Spark
Gulp, Webpack, Sketch 4, Sentry, Papertrail
Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master's Degree in Management
Nova School of Business and Economics - Lisbon, Portugal
Bachelor's Degree in International Business
University of the Incarnate Word - San Antonio, TX, USA
Toptal React Academy Graduate
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Front-end Web Development