- Software ArchitectEricsson Taiwan2012 - 2014
- Drove portal architecture and development for a major IPTV solution.
- Designed and developed custom re-implementations of middleware nodes including a million-connection notification server.
- Built tools and customizations to enable seamless, atomic upgrades.
- Managed and mentored multiple development teams working for Ericsson, various customers, or third-party contracting shops.
- Introduced improved software practices, including TDD and branch-based development.
- Lead DeveloperCogini2008 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Erlang, Ruby, Java, C++
- Built Taiwan's largest penny auction website in Erlang and PHP, running complex business logic for tens of thousands of users in realtime. Maintained zero auction logic bugs from launch through three years of production.
- Implemented a chat server for a social networking startup in Erlang. Supported multiple client protocols and highly dynamic group chats.
- Built a realtime video keying server for a Korean TV channel in Erlang and C++.
- Designed an HIPAA-compliant mobile health application for the developing world.
- Implemented in-house tools including web frameworks, database schema management libraries, and OpenID servers.
- Senior DeveloperHFD, LLC2005 - 2012
- Designed and built a next-generation CMS platform for a major US medical institute.
- Built complex workflows for medical news publishing.
- Administered servers and databases.
- Wrote "pyth", a document conversion library in Python with excellent RTF support that is now widely used.
- Contributed to various open source projects based on the Twisted stack.
- Contract DeveloperRimowa Taiwan2006 - 2007
- Built a custom POS server and client for stores in Taiwan.
- Integrated logistics, inventory management, back-office, and sales.
- Performed on-site installation, training, and support.
- Systems ProgrammerHess Educational Institution2004 - 2006
Technologies: Python, Perl, Java
- Designed and built online testing software used by all Hess schools.
- Ran the Hess online bookstore, including catalogue management.
- Improved teacher scheduling tools.
- Built a talking robot.
- Lead DeveloperInternet Business Solutions1999 - 2001
- Built an e-commerce website platform allowing businesses to quickly create an online presence.
- Implemented reusable site components including product catalogues and discussion forums.
- Gave pitches and demos to partner companies and customers.
- ProgrammerImperial College, London1998 - 1998
- Built a website to connect students with potential project mentors.