- Owner2011 - PRESENTMushaboom Consulting
- Integrated automated and manual online payments with merchant gateway APIs using XML and cURL.
- Designed a new REST API that combined a client's existing MVC and Symfony components and customizations.
- Found and fixed web page and script performance bottlenecks and memory leaks using XDebug, a custom profiling library, and database explain statements.
- Upgraded legacy systems to separate MVC logic and use best practices.
- Added unit tests with PHPUnit and behavioral tests with Behat.
- Author, Technical Reviewer2008 - PRESENTApress
- Authored "Beginning WebGL for HTML5, 2012," a book about using the new WebGL Canvas API 3D context.
- Contributed as an author to "HTML5 Games Most Wanted, 2012." Wrote a chapter on WebGL programming.
- Co-authored "Pro PHP Programming, 2011." Wrote on the topics of JSON, XML, AJAX, security, social media APIs, libraries, refactoring, unit testing, and continuous integration.
- Served as technical reviewer for "Physics for JS Games and Simulations," a book using the 2D Canvas API with a heavy emphasis on physics equations.
- Software Developer2010 - 2011FrontLogic
Technologies: Java, VOIP, C++, PHP
- Created a VOIP desktop client using the Java and C++ libraries (JNA).
- Worked with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and PJSIP library.
- Made GUI revisions using Swing and third party libraries.
- Completed data processing of large CSV and XML automotive listings into a PostgreSQL database using PHP.
- Implemented Google Analytics and AdSense optimizations for analyzing keywords.
- Senior Software Developer2008 - 2010Zu
- Handled Drupal CMS customizations, including creating advanced AJAX search and Twitter feed modules.
- Implemented a SOAP client to process financial share transactions over SSL.
- Converted a legacy ColdFusion system into PHP.
- Created a reusable PHP utility library for projects.
- Upgraded and maintained websites to use more modern CSS, HTML, and jQuery widgets.
- Computer Programmer2006 - 2008Chinook School Division
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Drupal, HTML, Excel
- Created a custom inventory tracker for the computer department using PHP and MySQL.
- Created a work order system for the maintenance department using PHP and MySQL.
- Wrote a time sheet tracking system for payroll using jQuery, PHP, and MySQL.
- Created and maintained a divisional website that used Drupal and LDap.
- Integrated third-party libraries into custom e-learning software.