Data Architect2015 - PRESENTDHI Group Inc / dice.com
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Attunity Replicate, Redshift, AWS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Selected and implemented Attunity Replicate as a technology for building a data lake / persistent stage for consolidating data from heterogeneous sources and maintaining change history to feed analytic structures and future data mining.
- Coordinated implementation with teams on three continents.
- Was a top-tier technical troubleshooter and a resource for the support team on critical issues.
- Led and managed the ETL pattern development and data warehousing best practices.
- Was an effective project manager and lead.
Integration Architect2015 - 2015Chipotle Mexican Grill with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Master Data Management (MDM), RESTful Web Services, AWS, Java, Mule ESB
- Implemented MuleSoft Mule ESB and the Anypoint Platform suite of products to integrate data between source systems and Semarchy MDM.
- Built foundations for ESB-based application integration, i.e. infrastructure, token-based security, high-availability, management and logging, message queuing and publish-subscribe (pub sub) messaging using RabbitMQ, and built patterns for future service development.
- Built services exposing “golden” restaurant data and worked with software development teams to utilize these services.
- Was the SOA evangelist and thought leader.
- Our team was awarded the Slalom “Team Mogul” award for Q3 2015.
- Was the AWS engineer pro, helped the team configure and host solutions in AWS.
Data Architect2014 - 2015Vail Resorts with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: ER/Studio Data Architecture, .NET, C#, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Our client enlisted us to build a modern enterprise data warehouse focusing first on customer and transaction data, replacing the legacy data marts.
- Built a conceptual data model of their enterprise to inform and steer the overall design.
- Used dimensional data modeling techniques to design and build the EDW and related ETL processes.
- Built ETL packages using SSIS.
- Designed and trained team on DevOps best practices: branching & merging strategy, and release management.
- Our team was awarded the Slalom “Team Mogul” award for Q1 2015.
Integration Architect & Data Modeler2013 - 2014Xcel Energy with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: IBM WebSphere, Salesforce, Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Teradata
- Our team built a Salesforce.com based web application to process customer applications for solar incentive programs, retiring an existing application, as well as developing a data mart and reporting on solar applications, installations, electricity production and consumption.
- Led data integration efforts and coordinated multiple internal teams, including: enterprise application integration, data warehouse, reporting, and billing.
- Developed data migration process for existing application data from MSSQL to Salesforce.com using Pentaho Data Integration.
- Modeled data mart and drafted technical design of data mart ETL processes and the operational integrations between Salesforce.com and internal billing system.
- Assisted Salesforce.com developers in designing near real-time event-based integrations.
BI Architect / Developer2013 - 2013Level3 Communications with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and built a framework for measuring individual contributor performance across over thirty functional areas.
- Architected a data mart to store the performance measurements and the scoring and target values; also built the ETL processes to populate it.
- Designed and developed a set of scorecard reports that met the requirements across all functional areas, leveraging the abstracted data in the data mart.
- Implemented advanced data visualization techniques which were used in reports to better understand and correlate information.
Database engineer2013 - 2013Vail Resorts with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: Visual Studio, Always On, Microsoft SQL Server
- Having experienced numerous issues with database stability the previous season, our client hired us to isolate and mitigate these issues and perform load testing and scalability analysis of their primary point-of-sale system which was responsible for nearly $1 billion in annual revenue.
- Discovered numerous blocking and performance issues and implemented repairs on the database.
- Performed extensive load testing of application, services and database before and after to validate fix.
- Used statistical methods and regression analysis to predict database capacity and impact of addition resort acquisitions.
- Implemented high availability using SQL Server AlwaysOn.
- Following our project, our client had their busiest season ever and reported no issues with the stability of the database.
BI Architect / Developer2012 - 2012DCP Midstream with Slalom Consulting
Technologies: SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Our client wanted additional insights into their process of connecting natural gas wells to their natural gas gathering and processing systems.
- Made additions to existing data warehouse and cube to support dashboards and built ETL processes to populate this data.
- Developed dashboards to display key metrics around well connect projects and measure performance by geographic region.
Data Architect2010 - 2012onTargetJobs Inc. (now part of DHI Group Inc / Dice Holdings)
Technologies: NServiceBus, .NET, C#, SSRS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Provided architectural direction over the continuous development on four different high-traffic websites which together has over 3 million unique visitors per month.
- Designed and guided implementation of enterprise-wide information factory and business intelligence applications.
- Modeled and implemented a data warehouse using Microsoft SQL Server and anchor modeling techniques.
- Built dimensional data marts and SSAS multidimensional cubes. Developed various BI applications using SSAS Tabular databases and Power View.
- Was a top-tier technical troubleshooter and data analyst. Solved problems of a critical and complex nature.
- Was the company-wide thought leader: educated developers, defined best practices, and improved SCM processes.
- Advocated for technologies to improve efficiency and performance.
- Used various data mining and unstructured data analysis tools to generate adaptive autosuggest search terms.
- Explored better ways of connecting employers and job seekers using predictive analytics.
BI Architect2010 - 2010Denver Public Health with EMC Consulting
Technologies: ArcGIS, Esri, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Modeled and developed a data warehouse to meet current and anticipated future needs across the entire domain of public health.
- Implemented ETL processes, data warehouse, SSAS cube, reports and dashboards to track immunizations across the City and County of Denver and vaccine inventory levels at clinics.
- Heavily used GIS technologies including: SQL spatial data types, ESRI ArcGIS Server/Desktop and Bing Maps to geocode addresses, assign addresses to geographic regions and display data on interactive maps.
- Built a framework for managing Metadata and Master Data.
BI Architect2009 - 2009General Motors with EMC Consulting
Technologies: PerformancePoint, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Built warehouse and delivered dashboards showing storage capacity, utilization and performance data for GM’s numerous Petabytes of data stored on EMC storage arrays in data centers worldwide.
- Heavily involved in the requirements/discovery process and developed a deep understanding of storage engineering.
- Designed and implemented ETL processes using T-SQL and SSIS, data warehouse, SSAS cubes, and Performance Point dashboards.
- Worked with multiple GM storage/IT vendors to understand GM’s storage infrastructure and coordinate deployment of BI solution.
Database Architect and Developer2008 - 2009National CineMedia
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Member of an Agile/Scrum development team building an enterprise sales management .NET web application and part of the corporate systems DBA group.
- Modeled data from user stories. Researched business and worked with users to write software requirements. Extensively used ERStudio modeling tool for design, modeling, and documentation.
- Taught in-house workshops and was go-to guy for various SQL technologies for in-house developers, DBA team, and IT managers.
- Developed an operational data store for near real-time reporting on inventory availability and utilization using SQL Server 2008, and asynchronous replication using SQL Service Broker.
- Developed complex finance and inventory reports using Reporting Services.
- Built Analysis Services cubes on inventory data.
- Used Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, Performance Point, and ProClarity to develop prototype executive dashboards from sales and finance KPI data.
- Managed database migrations and deployments across environments. Revolutionized database development, versioning, and deployment processes by migrating to the Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition.
- Helped manage continuous integration and integrated database projects into TFS team build.
- Consulted on DB performance across the enterprise; profiled and analyzed internal databases and then wrote recommendations.
BI Architect / IT Manager2006 - 2008Axiom Solutions
Technologies: Salesforce, SSAS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and developed tools to analyze data from client’s ERP systems to calculate research and development tax credits using MS SQL Server 2005 and Analysis Services.
- Built ETL processes and SSAS cubes from ERP systems of numerous defense contractors and engineering firms.
- Began development of knowledge discovery/data mining architecture using a variety of tools.
- Researched requirements and customized Salesforce.com platform to automate company workflows and provide cash flow predictions.
- Designed, implemented, and managed information infrastructure from the ground up; incorporating the best of diverse technologies including: Linux, VMWare, Windows Server, and many others.
- Responsible for IT policy creation, including: information best practices, security, and data management/retention. Hired and managed a full-time Systems Administrator.
Owner / Founder2004 - 2007Brilliant Technology Management
Technologies: EMR, VMware, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed, implemented, and maintained IT infrastructure for over 20 medical practices.
- Developed ETL processes, middleware and custom reports on billing and health record data from EHR systems.
- Found cost-sensitive, effective solutions for clients using Microsoft and open-source software including: Windows 2003 Server, Linux, MySQL, and VMware.
- Implemented and managed Microsoft SQL and AIX-based electronic health record systems from various vendors.
- Helped offices design efficient workflows and trained doctors, nurses, and staff to best use their EHR systems.
- Provided solutions for complex networking needs. Implemented multi-site, redundant IPSEC VPNs using open source BSD UNIX based software. Provided mobile VPNs with PPTP, IPSEC and OpenVPN. Optimized and secured networks with QoS and VLANs.
- Installed and managed Asterisk-based VOIP systems as well as Avaya PBX systems.