Bruno Machado Agostinho
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Build Tool (dbt) Developer
For over the past decade, Bruno's been working with databases in various fields. He also has an Oracle SQL Expert certification and specializes in optimizing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, but he's also developed with PostgreSQL and MySQL. Bruno likes to keep himself up to date, and that's why he's undertaking a Ph.D. in computer science.
Docker, Linux, Git, DataGrip
The most amazing...
...database optimization I've done was to reduce a company's critical process of sending SMS from seven hours to two minutes.
TV Time (via Toptal)
- Created BI reports being used on the decision-making process.
- Developed data import scripts from AWS to Snowflake.
- Analyzed data and generated charts using Excel and Snowflake.
Bridge Lab | Federal University of Santa Catarina
- Optimized a health data reporting system at the national level, making it possible to use it.
- Contributed to the planning of the implementation of a business intelligence system for health data.
- Developed a database benchmark system to the buildings monitoring system of the ministry of health.
- Shared my knowledge and experiences in a lecture program.
Senior Database Analyst
- Developed a review of database procedures, eliminating some security breaches.
- Contributed to the development of new modules of the company's system.
- Deployed new modules of the system.
- Reviewed system queries in order to improve the performance.
- Automated the backup portion of all the company's systems.
- Helped to develop a tool where clients can cross data from companies and individuals and that can apply the filters the way they prefer.
- Contributed to the process of applying machine learning techniques to trace the profile of the company's customers and generate a data model to complete missing data.
- Developed crawlers for data capture from companies on the internet.
Database Administrator (DBA)
- Contributed to the development of a tool for control of VoIP telephony, enabling several user facilities.
- Migrated the business rules from one of the company's systems to the database, keeping the maintenance centralized.
- Helped to develop a replication control system for the company's databases, making it easier to generate new snapshots and restore points.
- Automated the ETL process for capturing data from companies on the internet.
- Developed several procedures to speed up the cross-checking of data by the production team.
- Helped to migrate the company database from SQL Server to MySQL.
- Migrated the servers to machines outside the country, switching the operating system from Windows to Linux.
- Initiated the project of monitoring the SMS boards and the automatic services, sending messages to the team in case of problems.
- Supported the development of a tool for generating data profiles by clients, with support for SMS sending and market campaign generation.
- Increased the capacity of sending messages (using new technologies, such as tables in memory) by more than tenfold.
For this project, I developed the procedures, modeled the database, and handled the database instances.
Ring By Namehttps://www.ringbyname.com
For this project, I developed the database layer; all of the business rules were already in the database.
SQL, Snowflake, PHP, Python, Java
Angular, Hadoop, Spark
PL/SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Redshift, MongoDB, NoSQL, Elasticsearch
Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, Data Build Tool (dbt), Big Data Architecture, Big Data, Data Visualization
Looker, Microsoft Power BI, DataGrip, Git, Stitch Data, iTunes Connect, Microsoft Excel
ETL, Business Intelligence (BI)
Oracle, Linux, Apache Flink, Docker
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Postgraduate Degree in Data Science and Big Data
IGTI | Institute of Management and Information Technology - Minas Gerais, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert
Oracle Certified Associate, MySQL 5