- Co-Founder, CTO2014 - PRESENTSentius Technologies
- Designed and built enterprise-level business intelligence software for small and private healthcare practices, providing a competitive edge through big data-driven business and operational insights.
- Performed generation of localized benchmarking, healthcare analytics, and key insights through analysis of core KPIs.
- Created scalable automated data extraction, analysis, report generation, and distribution at an enterprise scale.
- Delivered SaaS-based customer portal for real-time data analysis and benchmark comparison.
- Resident Venture Developer2013 - PRESENTTechnology and Venture Commercialization Office, University of Utah
Technologies: Business Model Canvas, Lean Startup, SOA, mobile apps, web applications, Node.js, PHP, Java, .Net, C++
- Worked as external partner, providing business model and market validation, technology consulting, project management, scoping, and development expertise for promising technology projects coming through the University Tech Commercialization Office.
- Worked on management of marketing, project selection, and implementation for Software Development Center (SDC).
- Implemented a Lean startup model, a business model canvas, web applications, mobile apps, big data, analytics, and educational software.
- Strategic Technology Consultant2008 - PRESENTJuxta Services
- Architected, managed, and implemented scalable, global, enterprise-level software solutions for clients such as Estée Lauder, Disney Research, Apple, DHL, FedEx, and UPS.
- Worked on Business and Technology strategy, Software Development, Systems architecture, Database administration and Information Technology consulting services, as interim CTO.
- Used Server virtualization and Cloud computing technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), KVM, Xen, VMWare, Eucalyptus, and Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud.
- Managed development resources, project expectations, requirements, scope, and timelines.
- Developed and validated Industry, market, customer and business model.
- VP of Development/CTO2012 - 2014Linkdip
Technologies: PHP, Linux, Apache, MySQL, jQuery, Kohana, Node.js, MongoDB, CasperJS
- Architected and developed human-curated marketplace for social media ranking signals exchange.
- Involved in the active development and held architectural role in scaling complex web application.
- Performed Intimate integration with multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, etc.).
- Managed both in-house and outsourced development resources.
- Generated scalable online marketing and lead-generation technologies.
- Director of Engineering2010 - 2012Rock Solid Internet Systems
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Linux, Apache, Flex, KVM, AWS
- Held an active development role, creating complex web-based software utilizing LAMP, AJAX, and Flex technologies.
- Developed and managed IT resources, including ensuring PCI compliance and the architecture of a distributed, multi-site, co-located infrastructure.
- Performed integration with both global and localized shipping carriers, including rate retrieval, shipment creation, tracking, pickup, and label generation.
- Managed internal and outsourced development resources utilizing Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Sr. Lead Developer2007 - 2010ZenPrint
- Responsible for the architecture and creation of software to facilitate print fulfillment, by integrating eCommerce web applications with third-party technologies to automate and streamline print and fulfillment of digital, offset, apparel, and promotional items.
- Responsible for the architecture and configuration of core components of the application stack, including database structure, hardware, OS, web server software, caching resources, networked file storage, Xen virtualizations, etc.
- Designed architecture and developed API resources for access to orders, customers, shipping, products, etc. via SOAP and AMF.
- Integrated eCommerce platform with various 3rd party APIs including shipping, financial processing, tax data, inventory, and print fulfillment.
- Responsible for security-related initiatives, including PCI compliance, server hardening, secure development practices, and penetration testing.
- Communicated with internal and external customers and management, to define project scope, requirements, definition, and timelines.
- Sr. Software Engineer2006 - 2007Doba
- Executed integration with 3rd-party web service APIs, including payment, ACH, suppliers, etc.
- Designed and developed API interface for customizable access to company data for internal and external customers.
- Performed Linux server configuration and administration including Apache, MySQL, PHP, Samba, Cron, Xen and VMWare virtualizations, etc.
- Developed software for management of company wide code deployment to testing and production environments.
- Spearheaded security and penetration testing initiatives.
- Software Engineer / IT Admin2005 - 2006Digital Harbor
Technologies: Java, XML, HTML, Swing, WebLogic, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Performed enterprise-level Java J2EE client/server application development, using XML, Swing, Weblogic, and various database technologies.
- Implemented transactions in enterprise-level application.
- Used JKS certificates in Java applications.
- Wrote SILK and JUnit tests to validate code.
- Managed Windows and Linux network infrastructures and other IT-related tasks including DNS, firewall, CVS, etc.
- IT Manager / Lead Developer2003 - 2005DIPPR801 Thermodynamic Laboratory
Technologies: ASP, Visual Basic, MySQL, MS SQL, Access, HTML
- Performed relational database design and administration.
- Developed software (Visual Basic) to use with a relational database.
- Performed project management of software application development.
- Responsible for web site security, design, and maintenance.
- Responsible for network, web, and server security.
- Performed web server/site and file server/domain controller setup and maintenance.