Back-end Engineer2022 - 2023Random Games Company, Inc
Technologies: Keycloak, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Fargate, AWS RDS, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Terraform, Jenkins, GitOps, Web Security, Clustering, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Implemented the clustering of Keycloak instances on AWS Fargate to enable the scalability of their Identity and Access Management (IAM) service.
- Upgraded the Keycloak server instances to the latest version.
- Contributed to their GitOps by modifying the Jenkins pipeline file to deploy the built container to the AWS Fargate ECS service and Task.
- Provided detailed documentation on how to set up, configure and deploy a Keycloak cluster on AWS Fargate.
Software Engineer2020 - 2022Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Technologies: Java, Jakarta EE, Spring Boot, Messaging, Batch File Processing, RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira, Git, Bash Script, Oracle, Microservices, APIs, Web Services, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Data Structures, Back-end, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST APIs, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Cloud Architecture, PostgreSQL, Full-stack Development, API Integration, Server Migration, Legacy Code, Scrum, Apache Tomcat, Angular, Keycloak, Integration, Reporting, Business Processes, Gainsight, Databases
- Developed services for the Medical Assistance Program that helps to identify eligible elderly and those with disabilities with medical costs in a public insurance system.
- Built Oracle database migration scripts run by batch jobs to generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports comsumed by interfacing applications.
- Updated the existing LTSS (Long-Term Services and Supports) system to include new ADRC (Aging and Disability Resource Center) locations and modifications to existing ADRC locations.
- Tracked and fixed bugs with HP Application Lifecycle Management tool.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2019Gambia Revenue Authority (GRA)
- Streamlined senior management strategic decision-making by designing and developing the GRA strategic dashboard that connects and generates data from operational databases and analyzes data using 139 operational and analytical KPIs.
- Improved intel investigations and seizure cases for GRA Customs Intelligence and Enforcement Sections by creating the Customs Intelligence app that provided analytics on contrabands based on the types, concealment methods, and transportation modes.
- Assisted the HR Working Group to successfully profile the competency levels of every employee for all the required skills in their job descriptions and identified potential trainers by designing and developing the Competency Assessment app.
- Developed a custom survey application for the HR Working Group in their awareness campaign that generates comprehensive reports on staff awareness and understanding of HR roles, awareness of HR reforms, and access to HR reform documentation.
Lead Developer2013 - 2015Kubejara Software Development
- Developed a hospital management system that centralized the keeping of patient records and improved the sharing of patient medical history and referrals between public hospitals in the Republic of The Gambia,.
- Created and developed a college management system that helped meet colleges and universities' academic and managerial demands in the Republic of The Gambia.
- Designed and developed a school management system to enhance modern student record management for high schools. It is used by most high schools in the Republic of The Gambia.
Software Engineer2011 - 2013Gambia Radio And Television Services
- Developed a web portal for journalists through which to send in their news reports for editing.
- Designed a website used by the public to locate program schedules and stream live news and shows.
- Maintained 99% server uptime for the institutional website.