Verified Expert in Engineering
Buba is a software engineer who designs software systems that improve processes for large departments and agencies. He built a customs intelligence system to record contraband seizures, a hospital management system for government hospitals, a multi-tenant system for colleges and universities, and an integrated system involving Medicaid and Medicare. He oversees all phases of developing web applications, RESTful web services, and microservices and maintains software after deployment.
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Confluence, Jira, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Slack, Miro, Docker
The most amazing...
...tool I've developed is a multitenant hospital management system for public hospitals that share patients' medical histories and patient transfers between them.
Random Games Company, Inc
- Implemented the clustering of Keycloak instances on AWS Fargate to enable the scalability of their Identity and Access Management (IAM) service.
- Upgraded the Keycloak server instances to the latest version.
- Contributed to their GitOps by modifying the Jenkins pipeline file to deploy the built container to the AWS Fargate ECS service and Task.
- Provided detailed documentation on how to set up, configure and deploy a Keycloak cluster on AWS Fargate.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Developed services for the Medical Assistance Program that helps to identify eligible elderly and those with disabilities with medical costs in a public insurance system.
- Built Oracle database migration scripts run by batch jobs to generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports comsumed by interfacing applications.
- Updated the existing LTSS (Long-Term Services and Supports) system to include new ADRC (Aging and Disability Resource Center) locations and modifications to existing ADRC locations.
- Tracked and fixed bugs with HP Application Lifecycle Management tool.
Senior Software Engineer
Gambia Revenue Authority (GRA)
- Streamlined senior management strategic decision-making by designing and developing the GRA strategic dashboard that connects and generates data from operational databases and analyzes data using 139 operational and analytical KPIs.
- Improved intel investigations and seizure cases for GRA Customs Intelligence and Enforcement Sections by creating the Customs Intelligence app that provided analytics on contrabands based on the types, concealment methods, and transportation modes.
- Assisted the HR Working Group to successfully profile the competency levels of every employee for all the required skills in their job descriptions and identified potential trainers by designing and developing the Competency Assessment app.
- Developed a custom survey application for the HR Working Group in their awareness campaign that generates comprehensive reports on staff awareness and understanding of HR roles, awareness of HR reforms, and access to HR reform documentation.
Kubejara Software Development
- Developed a hospital management system that centralized the keeping of patient records and improved the sharing of patient medical history and referrals between public hospitals in the Republic of The Gambia,.
- Created and developed a college management system that helped meet colleges and universities' academic and managerial demands in the Republic of The Gambia.
- Designed and developed a school management system to enhance modern student record management for high schools. It is used by most high schools in the Republic of The Gambia.
Gambia Radio And Television Services
- Developed a web portal for journalists through which to send in their news reports for editing.
- Designed a website used by the public to locate program schedules and stream live news and shows.
- Maintained 99% server uptime for the institutional website.
TIERS Project (Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System)https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/Home
These programs are jointly funded by the federal and state governments and administered by states. The most common medical assistance programs are Medicaid and Medicare. This integrated system consists of legacy Java applications, EJBs, Spring Boot web services, Angular front ends, and mobile apps. Some of the tools and technologies used are REST/RESTful APIs, Hibernate, Oracle, MySQL, Kotlin, Bash, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jira, and Jama.
I was the Java back-end engineer, utilizing domain-driven design in building new microservices and adding new features to existing ones, and created Oracle SQL migrations for batch job executions.
GRA Strategic Dashboard
This involved building web services for each operational database using Java, Spring, Hibernate, PHP, Laravel, Vue.js, Node.js, MySQL, REST, and RESTful APIs, utilizing RabbitMQ as the messaging technology between the services and deployed on Azure cloud with Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
I streamlined senior management strategic decision-making by designing a GRA strategic dashboard that connects and generates data from operational databases and analyzes data using 139 operational and analytical KPIs.
Customs Intelligence Application
This system was designed while leveraging domain-driven design and implemented as microservices, with services written using Java, Spring framework, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, RabbitMQ, REST and RESTful APIs, Docker, and Kubernetes.
I improved intel investigations and seizure cases for intelligence and enforcement sections by creating a Customs Intelligence application for the Customs Risk Management Unit that provided analytics on contrabands seized based on types, concealment methods, and transportation modes.
GRA Competency Assessment System
This helps HR to know the strength and weaknesses of every staff and help them in their capacity-building program. The HR Working Group successfully profiles every employee's competency levels for all the required skills in their job descriptions. It has begun training those who need to level their skills up by those employees the system identifies as trainers.
GRA Survey Application
This system was designed and developed the PHP Laravel framework using the MVC architectural pattern with MySQL database. The HR Working Group successfully conducted the surveys and generated reports that helped them define the course of direction in their campaign.
Hospital Management System
government hospitals in The Gambia. It enables multiple hospitals to have accounts. Some of the modules included are consultation, appointment, lab services, pharmacy, billing, in-patient, and referral. This is a distributed system designed using domain-driven design and built as microservices with PHP Laravel framework, Java Spring framework, Vue.js, and jQuery, using RabbitMQ for inter-service communications and MongoDB and MySQL as the databases. It enabled the centralized maintenance of patient records and improved sharing of patient medical history and referrals between public hospitals in The Gambia.
Kubejara College Management System
This distributed system was designed using domain-driven design and implemented as microservices. The main languages used in building the services are Java, Spring Framework, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, Node.js for the back end, and Vue.js for the front end. This product is currently used by many colleges and universities in The Gambia.
Laravel, Spring, Express.js, Angular, Spring Boot, CodeIgniter, Spring MVC
Node.js, REST APIs, Stripe, Web Audio, Twilio API, Vue, jQuery
Confluence, Jira, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Slack, Docker Compose, Apache Tomcat, Keycloak, MediaWiki, Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Kafka Streams, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Cron, Jenkins, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), MongoDB Atlas, AWS Fargate, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Terraform
Agile, Microservices, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Scrum, Event-driven Architecture, Database Design, Compiler Design, Event-driven Programming
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Twilio, DigitalOcean, cPanel, Azure, Linux, Jakarta EE, Kubernetes, Oracle, AWS Lambda, Apache Kafka, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Joomla
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Databases, Azure SQL Databases, MongoDB, Redis, Azure Cloud Services, Microsoft SQL Server
Miro, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Data Structures, APIs, RESTful Microservices, Back-end, Design, VoIP, Architecture, Technical Leadership, Payment APIs, Full-stack Development, API Integration, Server Migration, Legacy Code, Integration, Reporting, WebSockets, Gainsight, Business Processes, Customer Success, Backup & Recovery, Audio Streaming, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Algorithms, Messaging, Web Services, Team Leadership, Full-stack, Cloud Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture, System Design, Enterprise Architecture, Framework Design, IT Project Management, Programming, Web & Mobile Applications, Discrete Mathematics, System Administration, Linux Server Administration, Batch File Processing, Content Management Systems (CMS), Amazon RDS, GitOps, Web Security, Clustering, Identity & Access Management (IAM)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Maharishi International University - Fairfield, Iowa, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of The Gambia - Brikama, The Gambia