Verified Expert in Engineering
Calvin is a full-stack engineer with over a decade of experience in front-end and back-end development. He specializes in React and Tailwind CSS but has a strong understanding of underlying languages such as TypeScript, Node.js, CSS, SCSS, PHP, and Go. Calvin has led small teams of engineers and worked independently on projects as a solo developer.
The most amazing...
...project I've led was a complete front-end overhaul using React and Tailwind CSS for a large-scale decentralized exchange on the Cardano blockchain.
Lead Front-end Engineer
SundaeSwap Labs, Inc
- Led a small team to develop a library of reusable components to scale multiple product verticals within the company's suite.
- Built an open-source TypeScript SDK that allows anyone to build compliant transactions for the decentralized exchange (DEX) that are then settled on the Cardano blockchain.
- Integrated multiple internally-maintained npm libraries into both of our product applications and their adjoining test suites based in Jest.
Founder and Chairman of the Board
- Started a Cardano NFT protocol that acts as a naming standard for users' wallets. Each unique name is resolved, managed, and owned as an NFT that the user purchases.
- Marketed and designed the ADA Handle—adahandle.com—website.
- Operated as the company's chairman of the board, which was formed to manage the decentralized protocol, ADA Handle. Organized team and board meetings and ensured proper accountability for executives.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Developed a complex WordPress website with hundreds of thousands of content posts, including a highly customized Gutenberg plugin that allowed publishers to interact directly with external in-house APIs.
- Built the beta version of a native Apple and Android app through the React Native framework that ingested content from the WordPress site and integrated an internal ledger for tracking crypto storage.
- Helped build sophisticated testing scaffolding for the many Gutenberg blocks within the large-scale WordPress application.
Owner | Developer
- Built a performant and responsive website for Blank on Blank, converting a high-profile design into a functional and flexible website.
- Developed open-source themes for the WordPress community and ran a front-end engineering community.
- Created highly performant WordPress websites, including hosting and configuration via DevOps.
Athletics (via Toptal)
- Built and integrated a multisite infrastructure and ACF setup.
- Developed a GatsbyJS front end using styled components, animations, and components.
Senior Web Engineer
- Created high-scale WordPress websites.
- Contributed to company open-source projects.
- Built performant front-end code.
- Led the development of enterprise-level projects.
- Improved an internal codebase through coding a configurable, drop-in solution—saving our internal development team 50 hours a year in repetitive tasks.
- Identified, suggested, and implemented new technologies and tools into our workflow that resulted in 300% increased efficiency and maintainability.
Product Designer | Developer
The Audience Awards
- Redesigned, developed, and documented a new company brand across the site.
- Designed and detailed an internal style guide, utilizing Atomic Design principles, doubling the production rate of backend developer tasks and implementations toward deployment.
Startups for the Rest of Ushttps://www.startupsfortherestofus.com
Genesis Starter Themehttps://github.com/cjkoepke/genesis-starter-theme
Genesis Responsive Menushttps://github.com/copyblogger/responsive-menus
Genesis Simple FAQhttps://github.com/copyblogger/genesis-simple-faq
Genesis Framework, Tailwind CSS, Jest, Next.js, Laravel
Gulp, Adobe Photoshop, Webpack, GitHub, NPM, PhpStorm, Sketch
WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, Gatsby, Atomic Design, Styled-components, Cardano Blockchain
Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)