Chief AI Engineer2020 - PRESENTAnthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Created development tools to facilitate the secure, bi-directional exchange of health information between healthcare providers and Anthem’s affiliated health plans—Health OS.
- Collaborated with technical writers to document our tools and create a portal for the distribution of these documents.
- Managed a small team of five engineers to support and architect a framework through which other teams could create certain microservices within the Anthem Health OS project.
- Worked with artificial intelligence experts to lay the foundation for future AI-based microservices within Health OS.
Staff Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTWalmart Labs (via Apex Systems)
Technologies: TypeScript, Redux, React
- Authored and documented key components of the new generation of Walmart Labs' client-side platform.
- Evangelized the new generation of the platform to existing users.
- Supported other teams in their usage of the platform.
Co-founder2017 - PRESENTBehaviorCloud
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Docker, MySQL, Django, Python, Material-UI, TypeScript, Redux, React Native, React, Solution Architecture
- Designed and implemented an experimentation framework with the flexibility to acquire, analyze, and archive experimental data with the dynamically determined format.
- Implemented a RESTful API with the Django REST framework.
- Wrote a single-page web client using React, Redux, and Material UI.
- Collaborated on a cloud-based video tracking application within our experimentation framework.
- Adopted cloud technologies—AWS S3, EC2, ECS, CloudFront, and RDS—to ensure scalability.
Lead Developer2013 - 2018Acceptd, Inc.
- Transitioned the product to less expensive and more reliable technology vendors—resulting in a 50% decrease in hosting costs during their first full season in-house.
- Led the transition of their RESTful API from CakePHP to Laravel.
- Migrated the existing web content into a single-page application using React.
- Established an agile process for product development that is responsive to stakeholder feedback.
- Led the integration of modern development tools into their workflows such as NPM, Vagrant, Composer, Ansible, ESLint, and Webpack.
- Created performant, scalable solutions and eliminated existing bottlenecks as their database grew by over 4,000%.
Senior Software Consultant (with Cardinal Solutions)2012 - 2013Huntington National Bank
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, C#
- Helped Huntington’s business online team meet aggressive timelines for a full ASP.NET redesign implementation.
- Interacted with Huntington’s data team to consume data tier web services in C#.
- Consulted with Huntington’s online acquisition team to add immediate-response credit card applications using Java and Spring.
- Participated in Huntington’s agile transformation.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2012Accuscan Instruments, Inc.
Technologies: Win32, Atmel AVR, .NET, C#
- Led behavioral research application development from conception through deployment.
- Designed and implemented embedded software in C for Atmel AVR and 8051 series firmware.
- Reduced costs by consolidating hardware and software designs.
- Created graphical data acquisition and analysis applications using Win32 (C++) and .NET (C#).
- Designed PCB layouts for locomotor sensor hardware.