Founder | Architect | Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTPiizu Network Technology Co, Ltd.
Technologies: Go, Cocos Creator, Unity, React/React Native, Flutter, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, Process Automation, Shell Scripting, Network Protocol Security (RSA, SSH)
- Designed the UI/UX for a Chinese poker game platform, including website and mobile app.
- Implemented the poker game platform with Cocos Creator as a game engine, and used Golang/MongoDB/Redis for the back-end API and WebSockets communication.
- Designed and implemented the download page for this poker game platform that allows iOS/Android app download. The download mechanism for the iOS app works as an on-the-fly deployment process that bypasses the iOS app store.
- Revamped the eCommerce system front-end and app with React/React Native.
- Improved the eCommerce system admin panel with an up-to-date Angular version.
- Revamped the Android version of a sports social app with Flutter; the goal was to merge the iOS and Android native apps to Flutter for this project so as to simplify maintenance and further development.
- Designed and implemented a generalized login system that supports https, RSA encryption/decryption, RSA signature so as to provide the following functions: SSO, network security and data validation. This login system is currently being used on all three projects mentioned above.
- Simplified the deployment-and-publishing process with process automation using Linux shell scripting, Gulp, and Docker.
Expert AngularJS Developer2019 - 2019Legion Technologies, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Webpack, SCSS, Node.js
- Implemented a UI based on a given design.
- Hooked up data via a back-end API.
Go Programmer2018 - 2019Backbone (via Toptal)
Technologies: Go, TypeScript, Agilix Buzz API, LMS
- Implemented an intermediate API by accessing data from the Agilix Buzz API.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2019Cliquesads (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, AngularJS, Python, C++
- Developed the admin pages for a real-time bidding system and its back-end API.
- Implemented a web crawler to help gather user access data and screenshots.
- Automated the deployment procedure using Python and shell script.
- Integrated multiple third-party web service APIs (mostly from Google).
- Updated the core real-time bidding system, it is an open source realtime bidder called RTBKIT written in C++ and has been tailored and customized in this project.
Company Founder | Chief Software Developer | Project Manager2011 - 2019Shenzhen Vision-Tech Electronics Co., Ltd.
Technologies: Qt C++, ARM Embedded System, iOS (Objective-C, Swift), Android, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB
- Designed and implemented an ink-presetting system using tailored, embedded Linux on ARM. It was developed using QT C++ and C for a Linux device driver; it was used to automatically calculate, adjust ink, and color settings for an industrial printing machine.
- Developed an eCommerce system that covers an admin panel webpage, and also for the iOS and Android native version. Utilized technology includes Laravel/PHP, MySQL, AngularJS, Objective-C, and Android Java.
- Designed and implemented a social sports app named Qiozu that helps soccer players to find a team, players, or a playground. In addition, it can also help organize team members and initiate soccer games between teams. The iOS version is live now, and currently working on its Android version.
- Implemented a dozen of small to medium projects as a contractor for different clients such as a real estate template app (iOS and Android), a crop growing allowance and green food inquiry app (Android), a propaganda eBrochure (HTML 5), a map navigation app based on QR code scanning (iOS), a music player app that can shift pitch of songs (iOS and Android) and so on.
Java/Swift Consultant2018 - 2018Hive (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java EE, Swift, Node.js
- Audited a Java back-end application that was meant to expose the API for a payment gateway app.
- Reviewed a payment gateway iOS app.
- Built the app website using Node.js/Express, HTML/CSS, and other automation tools.
- Deployed it on Amazon AWS.
Back-end Developer2018 - 2018RTM (via Toptal)
Technologies: Salesforce, Everhour, Asana, Airtable, Milestones PM+
- Implemented a Salesforce app.
- Migrated multiple data sources to Salesforce and vice versa.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Jocor Enterprises (via Toptal)
Technologies: AngularJS, Express.js
- Worked with a back-end developer to develop mockups of administration panel pages.
Senior Web Developer2016 - 2016Blackthorn.io, Inc.
Technologies: Angular 2, Express, MySQL, MongoDB
- Cooperated with the project manager and designer closely to deliver the best quality product.
- Developed several reusable components in order to shorten the development cycle.
iOS Developer2016 - 2016The Merkle (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, Swift
- Helped to build up an iOS news app, working mainly on the back-end using WordPress.
Software Engineer2009 - 2011HISUN Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Technologies: ARM, Embedded System, Linux Kernel, C/C++, Java
- Implemented and maintained the master control program of commercial web-fed offset rotary press written in Java.
- Installed the network communication module with CAN-bus protocol written in C.
- Built an industrial data sampling module with ARM as the embedded microprocessor and embedded Linux as the operating system.
- Incorporated an automation and synchronization module with Mitsubishi PLC.
IT Consultant | Java Developer2008 - 2009Keane Canada
Technologies: Java, JRockit
- Made modifications to a Java written engine that calculates pension plans for beneficiaries from top U.S. companies such as IBM, Pepsi, and Microsoft based on their policy.
- Answered questions from client companies' employees about their pension plan calculation.
- Constantly checked and fixed engine bugs from the database.
- Reviewed the college's code.
- Tested for engine correctness.