Software Engineer2014 - 2015Thomson Reuters
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js
- Created a bleeding-edge web application with Gantt chart in Angular for worldwide operational management across time zones.
- Helped create a Node.js framework to collect and aggregate data from many different legacy platforms.
Software Engineer2013 - 2013Mind Candy
Technologies: CoffeeScript, Node.js
- Built a Node.js video game back-end for thousands of real-time players over WebSockets.
- Helped scale Node.js infrastructure to tens of thousands of concurrent WebSockets connections.
Software Egineer2011 - 2012Beamly
- Wore many hats as an early addition to the company, building the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Created an asynchronous scalable chat server for browsers, Android, and iOS. Tested with tens of thousands concurrent users. Built with Node.js, socket.io, and Redis.
- Utilized a bit of natural language processing in the form of a Scala server that gets a stream of subtitles from all TV channels and generates relevant tags in real time. The tag Disambiguator is a naïve Bayesian classifier that uses the DBpedia links/abstracts database.
- Developed a monitoring/alert system mostly written in Python. It feeds data to a graphing server (Graphite) and monitors failures given service metrics constraints.
- Worked on the HTML5/CSS3 single-page web app (Backbone JS framework).