Verified Expert in Engineering
Claudio is a generalist, polyglot software engineer with 360-degree full-stack web experience. Claudio has worked freelance in London for big financial institutions and small companies, designing web architectures and delivering complex visual React, Node.js web applications, or Django back ends on time.
Linux, MacOS, WebStorm, PyCharm, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is an AI software for finding common sub-trees with maximum similarity for automatic data scraping from structured websites.
- Scaled up the back-end infrastructure of one of the biggest messaging platforms in the US, leveraging AWS Lambda and CDK.
- Gradually moved parts of the legacy monolith to a serverless architecture, keeping the best of both worlds.
- Implemented various core back-end serverless microservices (Node.js).
United Technologies Advanced Projects
- Designed/architected an AWS cloud.
- Developed multiple Python 3 servers.
- Designed and implemented a complex user-facing web app with AngularJS and Django REST Framework.
- Set up cloud infrastructure and handled deployments and maintenance.
- Created a bleeding-edge web application with Gantt chart in Angular for worldwide operational management across time zones.
- Helped create a Node.js framework to collect and aggregate data from many different legacy platforms.
- Built a Node.js video game back end for thousands of real-time players over websockets.
- Helped scale Node.js infrastructure to tens of thousands of concurrent websocket connections.
- Wore many hats as an early addition to the company, building the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Created an asynchronous scalable chat server for browsers, Android, and iOS. Tested with tens of thousands concurrent users. Built with Node.js, Socket.IO, and Redis.
- Utilized a bit of natural language processing in the form of a Scala server that gets a stream of subtitles from all TV channels and generates relevant tags in real time. The tag Disambiguator is a naïve Bayesian classifier that uses the DBpedia links/abstracts database.
- Developed a monitoring/alert system mostly written in Python. It feeds data to a graphing server (Graphite) and monitors failures given service metrics constraints.
- Worked on the HTML5/CSS3 single-page web app (Backbone JS framework).
Django, AngularJS, Django REST Framework, Express.js, Serverless Framework, Twisted, Angular, Flask
REST APIs, Node.js, AngularUI, React, Socket.IO, NumPy, Pandas
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Lambda Architecture, Extreme Programming, Microservices
APIs, Full-stack, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Architecture, Solution Architecture, Django-rest-auth, WebSockets, Algorithms, Computer Science, Chrome Extensions, Finance, Fintech, GPT, OpenAI GPT-3 API
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Ubuntu, Linux, AWS Lambda
PyCharm, WebStorm, Chrome Developer Tools, IntelliJ IDEA, Auth0
Redis Cache, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Pisa - Pisa, Italy