Verified Expert in Engineering
Coulter is the owner and CTO of a Canadian software company. He has a passion for WordPress and thus enjoys serving clients one-on-one. Coulter has been involved in innovative web startups that now serve over 2,000 users and has worked with corporations, charities, and small businesses.
G Suite, Bitbucket, Ubuntu Linux, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Windows, GitHub, Teams, Zoom
The most amazing...
...thing I've created and managed was a large client SaaS startup with thousands of users and over $100,000 in pre-launch revenue.
Power to Change Canada
- Improved donation conversion rate by building a custom donor portal with PHP that could be embedded into any WordPress page.
- Built completely new websites for different aspects of the organization. Optimized them for speed, user-friendly administration, and SEO.
- Overhauled team efficiency by implementing a central project management system and creating a framework that allowed for a better definition of processes.
CTO and Founder
- Owned, ran, and developed my WordPress agency that handles all the WordPress needs of multiple clients. Saw nearly everything, from hacked sites to fixing a tangled mess of outdated plugins.
- Oversaw the development of a new client startup and assisted with WordPress-based tasks. Overall efforts resulted in over $100,000 of pre-sale revenue for the startup even before the product was fully live.
- Built WordPress plugins to create an affiliate commission system, provide a friction-free Mailchimp opt-in experience, and more.
- Developed a social media platform using WordPress, and its iPhone app has been available in the App Store since 2018. The platform can handle hundreds of users in its current version and many more on a larger server.
- Handled project management using Monday.com as the central communication and reporting tool.
- Set up all Google accounts and integrations while assisting clients with their own G Suite setups and integrations.
- Built an interactive startup for a client using PHP, which made calculations from a large database of cars to make comparisons on the fastest vehicle for the price of the car, and then provided a local Craigslist link for each vehicle.
Freelancer for Flywheel (Now WP Engine)
- Built the Broken Link Checker functionality into the local platform, allowing users to scan for broken links on their WordPress websites before making their website live on a server.
- Helped test and build libraries alongside the local team to improve community involvement in projects.
- Participated in weekly standups via Zoom and tracked all progress in Asana.
Freelancer for Aspen Grove Studios
- Took over the development of WordPress plugins that extended Divi theme's features, which required both PHP and React in a single environment.
- Tracked bugs and progress in GitLab. Also kept the team up-to-date via Slack.
- Tested plugins I developed using the local tool on my Mac before pushing them to the rest of the team via Git.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Migrated a custom back end from Microsoft Access 2003 to use modern WordPress 5+ and MySQL. Converted all custom functions and migrated them into the newly-designed site.
- Created a custom customer reviews platform with PHP, complete with an admin dashboard. This made it easier for businesses to get reviews from clients for their Google My Business and Yelp accounts.
- Added custom fields and made significant changes to existing WordPress websites to improve usability and the client's ROI.
- Built website designs from scratch using only PHP, which resulted in a website that mirrored the original design one-to-one.
App Builder SaaS Producthttps://22apps.com
Nonprofit WordPress and Divi Website
Social Media Network Built on WordPress
Broken Link Checker Feature for Local by Flywheel (Now WP Engine)https://localwp.com
Divi, Electron, React Native
Slack, Skype, G Suite, Git, Bitbucket, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Google Analytics, Subversion (SVN), GitHub, Zoom
Windows, MacOS, WordPress, cPanel, WooCommerce, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu Linux, Windows Server, Shopify
Local by Flywheel, DNS Servers, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins, Web Development, HTML to WordPress, Elementor, Server Administration, IT Networking, Network Switches, WordPress Design, Subnet, PSD to WordPress, Teams, DNS, Servers, Web Project Management, Mobile/Web Project Management
React, Node.js, WordPress API
MySQL, WP Engine
Diploma in Computer Information Systems
University of the Fraser Valley - Abbotsford, BC
Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree in Computer Science
Wenatchee Valley College - Wenatchee, WA
CompTIA Network+ Certified Technician
CompTIA A+ Certified Technician