Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTFreelancer for Flywheel (Now WP Engine)
Technologies: Electron, React, Node.js, WordPress, PHP
- Built the Broken Link Checker functionality into the local platform, which allows users to scan for broken links on their WordPress websites before they make their website live on a server.
- Helped test and build libraries alongside the local team to improve community involvement in projects.
- Participated in weekly standups via Zoom and tracked all progress in Asana.
CTO and Founder2017 - PRESENTMaplespace Inc.
- Developed a social media platform using WordPress, and its iPhone app has been available in the App Store since 2018. The platform is able to handle hundreds of users in its current version and many more on a larger server.
- Handled project management using Trello as the central communication and reporting tool.
- Oversaw the development of a new client startup and assisted with the WordPress-based tasks. Overall efforts resulted in over $100,000 of pre-sale revenue for the startup before the product was even fully live.
- Set up all Google accounts and integrations, while assisting clients with their own G Suite setups and integrations.
- Built an interactive startup for a client using PHP, which made calculations from a large database of cars to make comparisons on the fastest vehicle for the price of the car, and then provided a local Craigslist link for each vehicle.
- Built a custom affiliate plugin for WordPress, which is currently available for free to anyone on the central WordPress codex. It currently has a 5-star review.
WordPress Developer2019 - 2019Freelancer for Aspen Grove Studios
- Took over development of WordPress plugins that extended Divi theme's features, which required the use of both PHP and React in a single environment.
- Tracked bugs and progress in GitLab. Also kept the team up-to-date via Slack.
- Tested plugins I developed using the local tool on my Mac prior to pushing to the rest of the team via Git.
Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2019FirstPage Marketing
- Migrated a custom back end from Microsoft Access 2003 to use modern WordPress 5+ and MySQL. Converted all custom functions and migrated them into the newly-designed site.
- Created a custom customer reviews platform with PHP, complete with an admin dashboard. This made it easier for businesses to get reviews from clients for their Google My Business and Yelp accounts.
- Added custom fields and made significant changes to existing WordPress websites to improve usability and the client's ROI.
- Built website designs from scratch using only PHP, which resulted in a website that mirrored the original design one-to-one.