Full-stack Developer2019 - PRESENTPower to Change Canada
Technologies: CSS, Bitbucket, Git, DNS Servers, HTML, G Suite, HTML5, WordPress, WordPress Themes, WordPress Design, PSD to WordPress, WordPress API, Divi, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), WordPress Plugins, Web Development, Google Analytics, HTML to WordPress, Shopify
- Improved donation conversion rate by building a custom donor portal with PHP that could be embedded into any WordPress page.
- Build completely new websites for different aspects of the organization. Optimized them for speed, user-friendly administration, and SEO.
- Overhauled team efficiency by implementing a central project management system and creating a framework that allowed for a better definition of processes.
CTO and Founder2017 - PRESENTMaplespace Inc.
- Owned, ran, and developed my WordPress agency that handles all the WordPress needs of multiple clients. Saw nearly everything, from hacked sites to fixing a tangled mess of outdated plugins.
- Oversaw the development of a new client startup and assisted with WordPress-based tasks. Overall efforts resulted in over $100,000 of pre-sale revenue for the startup even before the product was fully live.
- Built WordPress plugins to create an affiliate commission system, provide a friction-free Mailchimp opt-in experience, and more.
- Developed a social media platform using WordPress, and its iPhone app has been available in the App Store since 2018. The platform can handle hundreds of users in its current version and many more on a larger server.
- Handled project management using Monday.com as the central communication and reporting tool.
- Set up all Google accounts and integrations while assisting clients with their own G Suite setups and integrations.
- Built an interactive startup for a client using PHP, which made calculations from a large database of cars to make comparisons on the fastest vehicle for the price of the car, and then provided a local Craigslist link for each vehicle.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Freelancer for Flywheel (Now WP Engine)
Technologies: Electron, React, Node.js, WordPress, PHP, HTML, WordPress Design, WordPress Plugins, WP Engine, Web Development
- Built the Broken Link Checker functionality into the local platform, allowing users to scan for broken links on their WordPress websites before making their website live on a server.
- Helped test and build libraries alongside the local team to improve community involvement in projects.
- Participated in weekly standups via Zoom and tracked all progress in Asana.
WordPress Developer2019 - 2019Freelancer for Aspen Grove Studios
- Took over the development of WordPress plugins that extended Divi theme's features, which required both PHP and React in a single environment.
- Tracked bugs and progress in GitLab. Also kept the team up-to-date via Slack.
- Tested plugins I developed using the local tool on my Mac before pushing them to the rest of the team via Git.
Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2019FirstPage Marketing
- Migrated a custom back end from Microsoft Access 2003 to use modern WordPress 5+ and MySQL. Converted all custom functions and migrated them into the newly-designed site.
- Created a custom customer reviews platform with PHP, complete with an admin dashboard. This made it easier for businesses to get reviews from clients for their Google My Business and Yelp accounts.
- Added custom fields and made significant changes to existing WordPress websites to improve usability and the client's ROI.
- Built website designs from scratch using only PHP, which resulted in a website that mirrored the original design one-to-one.