Lead Engineer2019 - 2020Much Better Adventures
- Migrated parts of the monolithic application to a modern front-end app, using React and Gatsby.
- Designed and built microservices for new feature sets, such as a new payment gateway, using React (TypeScript, Redux, MaterialUI), Flask, Django (DRF). and PostgreSQL.
- Drove technical decisions regarding system architecture, participated in code reviews.
- Maintained and continuously improved the code quality of the main legacy application, which was built with Django and a Django REST framework API.
- Created various intercom apps to assist the MBA Customer support team (Flask, stream.io).
- Helped the client to move away from a monolithic design towards a microservice-based architecture. Designed and implemented the JWT-based authentication scheme between the different microservices.
- Migrated the main application's CI pipeline from Gitlab to Github.
Application Security Engineer2017 - 2019Emarsys
- Played a key role in finding and fixing web application vulnerabilities.
- Set up, developed, and maintained automated tools to help development teams ship secure product features.
- Enabled development teams to apply security best practices during their daily work by providing one-on-one mentoring and consultation, developing training materials, and setting up secure development guidelines.
- Created risk assessment and threat modeling tools, using Django and Flask.
- Played a key role in preparing for external audits and penetration tests, evaluating the results, and following up on possible findings.
- Assisted development teams in secure data handling and GDPR-related design decisions.
- Developed and maintained a set of AWS-compatible request signing libraries (Escher - http://escherauth.io/index.html), implemented in various languages including Node.js, Python, Go, and PHP.
- Designed and built a secure-by-default, easy-to-use cryptographic library for Python (https://github.com/emartech/python-easy-crypto) for securing data transfer between microservices.
- Built an in-house CI monitoring/alerting using Silex, MongoDB, and Angular, and integrating with Heroku and Github APIs.
Software Developer2009 - 2017Webpont
- Developed data visualization tools for sports analytics software and implemented computer vision algorithms for analysis of professional sports videos. .
- Bootstrapped the back-end engine for a forex copy trading platform.
- Designed, built, and maintained an automated email marketing platform with advanced segmentation and personalization capabilities. The platform is optimized for sending high-volume emails.
- Developed a custom CMS for an international grocery store chain.
- Built microsites for various athletes, sports teams, and brands.