Software Development Engineer II2017 - PRESENTAmazon Web Services
- Contracted to develop software.
Qt Developer2015 - 2017MBLSFT
Technologies: BlackBerry, Qt, C++
- Ported an Android Secure Messenger application to BlackBerry native.
- Ported the crypto library from Java to C++.
C++ Developer2015 - 2015PulsePerfect
Technologies: GiNaC Framework, Linux, C++
- Integrated the GiNaC library into a Qt project.
- Integrated the Cuba library into a Qt project.
- Created different callback functions for the Cuba integration function.
- Created a parser for a Scene Definition File.
- Created images from mathematical equations.
C++ Developer2014 - 2015MiddleMatter
Technologies: Android NDK, Android, OpenGL, Qt, C++
- Created a project in C++ using Qt OpenGL support.
- Developed a whistle recognition C++ library using Qt.
- Removed the Qt dependencies from the whistle lib and compiled it with Android NDK.
- Created an Android app that used the whistle lib as the back-end sound processing.
- Implemented a fast SMQT (Successive Mean Transformation Transform) algorithm for the whistle processing which performs in O(N) instead of O(N*L), reducing processing time to 3% to 19% of the original time (depending on the number of samples).
C++ Desktop Programmer2014 - 2014Slimware Utilities
Technologies: Multithreading, Networking, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), C++
- Improved the existing Stub Installer.
- Created a multithreaded background process to manage downloads.
- Created unit tests for the product.
- Managed overlayed data inserted into the application image.
- Fixed bugs.
Senior C++ Developer2013 - 2014Arris (formerly Motorola Mobility)
Technologies: CMake, Git, Windows, Linux, C++
- Used the ObjectStore object oriented database.
- Used CMake as the build system.
- Developed new features and fixed bugs for a VideoFlow application.
- Created a logging system to automatically log files, lines, functions, etc. using a preprocessor macro.
- Fixed numerous C++ bugs.
Senior C++ Developer2012 - 2013Dreamworks Animation SKG
Technologies: Linux, Qt, Boost, Intel TBB, C++
- Used parallel computing techniques with Intel TBB.
- Created a unit test using googletest.
- Fixed several Python-C++ interfaces.
- Created mesh compare operators (one for each different kind of mesh) at the request of an artist.
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to Dreamworks's proprietary software for creating 3D movies.
C++ Developer2012 - 2012Motorola Solutions
Technologies: Boost, Qt, Windows Mobile
- Found the source of bizarre errors that turned out to be related to template linking issues.
- Created a lock screen UI (password prompt UI) for Windows Mobile 6.5 that interfaced with a data encryption card.
- Suggested various improvements to the adopted system of generating log information.
- Developed an asynchronous finite state machine using boost::statechart.
- Used the Qt framework for the lock plugin UI.
Firmware Developer2011 - 2011Controlnet S.A.
Technologies: USB, RTOS, Microcontrollers, C++, C
- Worked to allow different USB modes (mass storage, virtual serial port, input device, etc.) to work on an ARM7 development board.
- Proposed, installed, and evaluated two different real-time operating systems (RTOS's) on an ARM7 development board.
- Tested an ATM to find bugs.
- Modified the firmware of an old Buss card system to add new functionality.
- Worked under the ISO 9001 quality standard.