Founder and Tech Lead2022 - PRESENTFluffy Clouds Avenue Pty Ltd
- Developed several full-stack websites to be presented as a portfolio for the company using the Next.js framework as a base.
- Built a battery-powered IoT GPS receiver box with a Raspberry Pi that regularly shares its position and other sensing data like temperature, air pressure, and humidity with a server using the 4G and LP-WAN networks.
- Scripted a Python tool to extract financial information from the Alpha Vantage API and calculate the magic formula score for a set of stocks.
- Prepared technical papers and pitched the startup at events.
Senior Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTDirected Electronics Australia
- Designed a telematics geofencing solution for our SaaS used by our clients in the road freight industry.
- Maintained the current telematics platform by completing bug fixes in the database, the back end, the API, and the front end.
- Developed new features by making changes in all the layers (vertical slice) by respecting the business case requirements and the deadlines for the product development cycle.
Freelance and Blogger2014 - PRESENTFreelance Clients and Blogger
Technologies: TypeScript, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Prisma, Tailwind CSS, Sentinel 2, Remote Sensing, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online (AGOl), MongoDB, React, Next.js, NestJS, Python, Node.js, Express.js, Fastify, Oracle, Oracle Spatial, Shapely, GeoJSON, Google Maps, Google Maps API, LeafletJS, OpenLayers, Google Earth, KML, Google Earth KML, Vehicle Routing, GPS, GNSS, Styled-components, CSS, WordPress, ArcPy, XML, Sentinel, Axios, ESLint, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server, GeoServer, Shell, Batch, Bash, Apache, Apache Tomcat, Full-stack, REST, APIs, GraphQL, Maps, Architecture, Software Architecture, REST APIs, Geospatial Data, Geographic Information Systems, Algorithms
- Developed several Python scripts to create true-color mosaics from Sentinel-2 satellite granules (images), completed change detection analysis, and performed crop type classifications (supervised and unsupervised).
- Created several maps for a client representing the geothermal potential surrounding the municipality of Plan-les-Ouates in Switzerland.
- Conceived, designed, and implemented the migration plan from an Oracle Spatial database into PostgreSQL and PostGIS.
- Built a real-time web app mapping the Sydney ferries using the NSW public API.
- Explored the DEM, hill shade, and slope analysis capabilities of PostGIS and applied them to the use case of the Brussels capital region.
- Worked on several concept web apps to showcase the capabilities of different GIS tools and methods, such as a holiday picture app, an interactive map showing the indigenous population in Canada, and a web app showing Runtastic outdoor workout routes.
- Created a batch script to extract drone image file metadata and rename the image file with the coordinates of the center of the image.
GIS Developer and Manager2017 - 2021Vocus Group Ltd
- Led the full-stack GIS team in meeting the business requirements of the GIS infrastructure used by 200+ daily users in the company.
- Conceived, developed, and maintained the entire GIS infrastructure using open source technologies.
- Designed and implemented from scratch a topological database model and migrated the entire asset network data (5+ million records) from two different old systems to the new unique one using Python scripts.
- Wrote most database functions, stored procedures, and views using SQL and PL/pgSQL to keep the whole data model consistent for every CRUD operation.
- Conceived, developed, and maintained the GIS web client of the GIS infrastructure using Node.js, React, Google Maps, OpenLayers, Leaflet, Bootstrap, and Material UI.
- Maintained our mobile app developed in React used by field workers.
- Enhanced the REST API of the GIS infrastructure written in Go.
- Developed a real-time severe weather warning app using the Bureau of Meteorology API and automated the creation of reports listing affected assets for the operation control center team to take preventive measures and save millions in avoiding damage.
- Built a health check app to permanently test the quality and performance of every tier in the GIS infrastructure using JMeter, SchemaSpy, and Python and sent out an alert in case of an outage for quick action.
Senior GIS Engineer2016 - 2016Quadratic SRL
Technologies: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Python, QGIS, PL/pgSQL, OpenLayers, Git, GitLab, Remote Sensing, Radar Remote Sensing, Satellite Images, Sentinel 2, Maps, Geospatial Data, Geographic Information Systems, Algorithms
- Wrote Python scripts to import MultiSpectral Sentinel-2 satellite images in batches from their raw formats to PostgreSQL.
- Developed scripts to extract data and process information about crops from Sentinel-2 satellite images using PostGIS, PL/pgSQL, Python, and PyQGIS.
- Analyzed our client's business needs in the agro-industry to improve their harvest logistics and implement the requirements and criteria in the processing scripts.
- Represented the startup at various events about Earth monitoring.
- Prepared and gave training on remote sensing applied to the agro-industry and its concrete applications. Oversaw a series of practical and interactive exercises using Sentinel-2 images, Landsat, and planet data.
Senior GIS Engineer2015 - 2016Oscars
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Spatial, IT Project Management, IT Services, Business Development, Customer Service Representative, Sales Presentations, Pitch Presentations, PL/SQL, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), Maps, Geospatial Data, Geographic Information Systems
- Provided Oracle Spatial, Oracle GeoRaster, and business analytics consultancy to Groupe ADP in France and Public Service of Wallonia (SPW) in Belgium.
- Oversaw the GIS part for our in-house product designed for airports to help them track any vehicle on the ground in real time to improve the overall logistics on the tarmac.
- Led our team of developers and organized their agendas regarding our in-house developments and external consultancy missions.
- Represented and pitched the startup at various seminars, economic missions, business gatherings, schools, and universities.
GIS Engineer2013 - 2015Esri BeLux
- Developed a pothole detection algorithm using ArcGIS technologies and Python scripting.
- Provided training on the Esri product suite (ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Server) to a class of clients.
- Presented ArcGIS's newest features at our annual Esri Days event to our clients.
GIS Project Engineer2010 - 2013Hexagon
- Developed a complete and automated test suite in Java for the ERDAS APOLLO product that runs daily and generates reports about the parts that need attention.
- Led and supervised a team of QA engineers for the integration testing of all the Intergraph geospatial server products.
- Customized ERDAS APOLLO according to the client's needs, such as building a custom form tailored to the type of data the client is working with.
- Fine-tuned the ERDAS APOLLO server by configuring the RAM usage, swap space, and file system configuration to have the solution working optimally on the client's infrastructure.
- Provided support, coaching, and consultancy on our range of products and in-house customizations to our clients, mainly on the ERDAS APOLLO product suite.
- Gave 5-day training, at our offices and abroad, on the ERDAS APOLLO product suite to our clients in the EMEA region.