Verified Expert in Engineering
Dany has over 13 years of experience in tech, working as a software developer, product manager, technical interviewer, and more. Dany's also done product management work in different capacities—leading software projects as a senior developer or during his time at ThemeIsle. At ThemIsle, Dany improved the profitability of some of the most popular WordPress plugins, making the top 10 list with 300,000 active users.
Postman, SQLyog, Linux, Windows, Git, PhpStorm
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was Quickpages.co—it provides a free service and is now being used by tens of thousands of people!
Software Engineer | Product Manager | Talent Screener
- Worked with or led a team to develop an application from the ground up, typically with PHP and Laravel but sometimes with Python and Node.js (software engineer).
- Worked with the client to identify stories and epics, created and managed tasks, identified resources needed, and used Scrum or Kanban to deliver the project (technical project manager).
- Managed the transition of projects to the cloud (AWS and Digital Ocean) or other cloud-related tasks.
- Helped various companies in regard to hiring and interviewing candidates. Helped companies like NASA, Nestle, Walmart, Deel, and more find the best candidates for their roles.
- Conducted user research including creating surveys and interviewing users.
- Performed multiple competitors and market analyses for multiple projects.
- Managed multiple projects, using the Kanban methodology.
- Defined the product direction including which features to include and in which release.
- Communicated and collaborated with multiple teams (QA, marketing, content, and so on).
- Wrote documentation about new features, including API documentation.
- Managed automated emails to new and existing users, workflows and more.
Technical Interviewer | Mentor
- Gave practice technical interview to programming students (we even use Toptal interview questions sometimes).
- Reviewed student portfolio projects (necessary to pass the course).
- Provided mentorship, tips, and tricks in regards to the job market and interviews in general.
- Guided students through team projects acting as the product owner (project manager) using the Scrum methodology.
Senior Software Developer
- Integrated complex API providers with our platform (AdWords, Analytics, DFP, Instagram, Pinterest, Bing, Yahoo, and more).
- Optimized the processing of data and queries on large databases (2TB+ Redshift database).
- Led and designed important platform features and used project management tools such as Jira.
- Mentored and code-reviewed newer developers on the platform.
- Wrote the code challenges used during the interview process for potential employees.
Senior Software Developer
- Defined the requirements in collaboration with C-level executives of a 500+ person company.
- Implemented major database changes affecting hundreds of pages while maintaining data integrity.
- Optimized complex reports using tables of several million rows.
- Created complex, interactive pages using Ajax and jQuery.
- Developed single-handedly an important (featured on front page) section of a website with 15 million visits a month.
- Optimized several MySQL queries and occasionally used Memcached for a critical, higher-traffic functionality.
- Participated in design discussions.
- Added major features on a high-traffic review site, Forlocations.com.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Software Consultant
- Customized the complex ERP, software for large customers (+500 million revenue) on large data sets.
- Developed large complex SQL queries to solve elaborate business requirements for leaders in their respective industry.
- Worked concurrently on multiple projects for multiple clients.
- Added extended reporting features and contributed to a complex database schema containing over a 100 tables.
- Presented to the company (30+) and participated in the implementation of Agile methodologies on the development team.
- Mentored interns new to the company.
It is hosted on AWS using services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, and more.
API Development, DFP API, Twitter API, Google Analytics API, LinkedIn API, Facebook API, Yahoo! API, AdWords API, Instagram API, jQuery, Bing API, Pinterest API, Node.js, Nativo API, Facebook Marketing API, DoubleClick API, Twilio API
Asana, Apache, PhpStorm, Git, SQLyog, Postman, GitHub, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Composer, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics
Kanban, Design Patterns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile, Scrum, On-page SEO, Unit Testing, REST
LAMP, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, Magento, Amazon EC2, Sizmek, Marketo, Linux, DigitalOcean
JSON, MySQL, Databases, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Memcached, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
APIs, API Integration, Team Mentoring, Ajax, Back-end, Web Development, Product Management, Writing & Editing, API Documentation, SOAP, Interviewing, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Semrush, Blade, eCommerce, Web Project Management, Talent Management, Software Engineering
PHPUnit, Laravel, Slim, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Flask, Eloquent, Symfony
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières - Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada