Product Manager2019 - PRESENTThemeIsle
Technologies: Asana, GitHub, Kanban, Agile
- Conducted user research including creating surveys and interviewing users.
- Performed a competition and market analysis.
- Managed projects, using the kanban methodology.
- Defined the product direction including which features to include and in which release.
- Communicated and collaborated with multiple teams (QA, marketing, content, and so on).
- Wrote documentation about new features.
- Managed automated emails to new/existing users.
Technical Interviewer | Mentor2016 - 2019Thinkful
- Gave practice technical interview to programming students (we even use Toptal interview questions sometimes).
- Reviewed student portfolio projects (necessary to pass the course).
- Provided mentorship, tips, and tricks in regards to the job market and interviews in general.
- Guided students through team projects acting as the product owner (project manager) using the Scrum methodology.
Senior Software Developer2015 - 2017TapClicks
Technologies: PHP, Python, Project Management, MySQL, Git, REST/Soap APIs, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Linux, Zend Framework, Magento
- Integrated complex API providers with our platform (AdWords, Analytics, DFP, Instagram, Pinterest, Bing, Yahoo, and so on).
- Optimized the processing of data and queries on large databases (2TB+ Redshift database).
- Led and designed important platform features and used project management tools such as Jira.
- Mentored and code-reviewed newer developers on the platform.
- Wrote the code challenges used during the interview process for potential employees.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2015SekureCard Services
- Defined the requirements in collaboration with C-level executives of a 500+ person company.
- Implemented major database changes affecting hundreds of pages while maintaining data integrity.
- Optimized complex reports using tables of several million rows.
- Created complex, interactive pages using Ajax and jQuery.
Web Developer2013 - 2013Valnet
- Developed single-handedly an important (featured on front page) section of a website with 15 million visits a month.
- Optimized several MySQL queries and occasionally used Memcached for a critical, higher-traffic functionality.
- Participated in design discussions.
- Added major features on a high-traffic review site, Forlocations.com.
Microsoft Dynamics AX Software Consultant2012 - 2013Thinkmax
Technologies: X++, SQL, ERP
- Customized the complex ERP, software for large customers (+500 million revenue) on large data sets.
- Developed large complex SQL queries to solve elaborate business requirements for leaders in their respective industry.
- Worked concurrently on multiple projects for multiple clients.
Web Developer2010 - 2012Progi
- Added extended reporting features and contributed to a complex database schema containing over a 100 tables.
- Presented to the company (30+) and participated in the implementation of Agile methodologies on the development team.
- Mentored interns new to the company.