Verified Expert in Engineering
Darren is a full-stack developer with over a decade of experience building a plethora of WordPress websites and Laravel web applications over the years. By specializing in PHP, MySQL, and front-end web technologies, he's created multiple custom WordPress themes, plugins, Laravel web apps, custom site databases, and REST API platforms for mobile apps. Darren started as a Microsoft .NET developer, but after working at an agency that used Drupal and WordPress, he found PHP and never looked back.
Adobe Photoshop, Sequel Pro, MAMP, ITerm, Postman, MySQL Workbench, PhpMyAdmin, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), PhpStorm, Windows, MacOS
The most amazing...
Senior Web Developer
- Implemented a complete website redesign/build using WordPress, including the creation of a custom theme, custom plugins with custom database tables for our GTFS transportation data and build of a dynamic interactive maps using Google Maps API.
- Created a custom Laravel website for the company's procurement department.
- Developed a custom Laravel application for internal use for the company's corporate accounts.
Contract Web Developer
Center for BrainHealth
- Moved their website from in-house servers to AWS cloud servers.
- Connected an internal Laravel portal application to their Salesforce system.
- Finished out a custom functionality for their current website.
Remote Full-stack Developer
Digital Reach Agency
- Worked remotely as a full-stack developer for a temporary contract to help the company with multiple WordPress websites for medium-sized businesses.
- Collaborated with a team of front-end and back-end developers to create custom WordPress themes and plugins.
Senior Web Developer
Ivie & Associates
- Worked with and oversaw an offshore remote team to build custom applications for large enterprise clients.
- Built WordPress website using custom themes and plugins for many small to medium companies.
- Developed custom Laravel portals and dashboards for large enterprise companies.
- Created a custom website along with a custom API layer using Laravel for a mobile phone app.
Contract Full-stack Developer
- Created a WordPress website using custom themes and plugins for small-to-medium companies.
- Helped to develop a custom SilverStripe CMS website for a client.
- Created a WordPress multisite for HTML5 web banners workflow.
- Completed a full site redesign of WordPress site using a custom theme and custom plugins.
- Created a custom PHP application portal for application status reviews and connected it to the credit agencies' APIs for customer verification.
- Developed a custom application form on the website that pushed data into the custom PHP application portal.
- Moved the site from local in-house servers to Microsoft Azure cloud servers.
UTSW Medical Center
- Completed a redesign of the medical school's library website using ColdFusion.
- Worked with IT server admins to upgrade ColdFusion and move the websites to different servers.
- Built an internal ColdFusion portal for library student services.
- Developed an internal ColdFusion website for library use.
Contract Web Developer
- Worked with the digital team to create multiple Drupal sites using custom Drupal themes.
- Created a small Drupal module that sent emails when page/content was ready for view.
- Assisted the digital team with a custom functionality of the main church website.
North Central Texas College
- Implemented the overall redesign of the main college website from a static HTML website with custom PHP forms for functionality into an ASP.NET Sitefinity CMS.
- Created custom SQL Server database tables for use with custom Sitefinity modules.
- Built custom Sitefinity templates for use on the new website.
Procurement Web Apphttps://www.procuretm.org/
Laravel API Platform
WordPress with a Custom PHP Application
I created a custom website by building a custom WP theme, custom WordPress plugins and custom database tables for specific pieces of functionality. I also created a custom PHP application that sat on the back end of the website.
There was also a financial form on the site that saved certain pieces of data into the custom app. The purpose of the app was for users to log in to view their loan status, upload any missing documents and leave messages to their assigned loan officers. User verification was done by making API calls to the major credit bureaus.
The other thing that made this project so fulfilling was doing something I have never done before. All of the servers were on Azure. So I had to jump back into my Microsoft .NET days and learn how to set up PHP and WordPress along with IIS in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
Retail Grocery Store WordPress Store Locator Plugin
I acted also as the go-between the customer and our team, and I had weekly meetings with the client and daily meetings with our team. I worked hand-in-hand with the team by assisting with coding, doing code reviews to make sure we followed WordPress coding standards, and pushed the code to clients' development servers when ready.
Internal Social Dashboard Web App
We created an internal custom social dashboard for a Fortune 500 company. The application was built using Laravel and Vue js. The app tapped into the customer's social media accounts using APIs and displayed certain pieces of data pulled from each of their accounts based on the client's requirements.
Restaurant WordPress Locator Plugin
Internal Custom Web App for Store Openings
WordPress, MacOS, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Drupal
Software Development, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, APIs
Laravel, CodeIgniter, ASP.NET
jQuery, React, Vue 2
PhpStorm, PhpMyAdmin, MySQL Workbench, Postman, ITerm, MAMP, Sequel Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ColdFusion
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems
DeVry Unversity - Irving, TX, USA
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree in Management and Marketing
Southeastern Louisiana University - Hammond, LA, USA
Earned Credits towards a Bachelor's Degree (Transferred) in Business Administration
Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge, LA, USA